3Minit Battery Mod Updated: [03/09/15]

Search This thread

Zaileion

Nov 11, 2012
This should do the trick for ya
https://mega.nz/#!b1QxxQZB!S2WvXuAzOCxFqSYIWgDCqtYsh7SoBjtmglgOvnQUw1A

You may need to tweak the /system mount in the updater-script, as I only went on the Note 3 mount for it...
If anything, unzip it, and copy the files to their respective locations on your system

What did you edit in the .xml files if you don't mind sharing. I'm trying to learn how to do things and would appreciate any insight. Thanks for the files, I can just compare them with the unedited ones.

kevp75

Recognized Contributor
Aug 29, 2012
MA
kevinpirnie.com
What did you edit in the .xml files if you don't mind sharing. I'm trying to learn how to do things and would appreciate any insight. Thanks for the files, I can just compare them with the unedited ones.

There is only one to edit
layout/system_icons.xml

set the height and width of the stock battery to 0.0dip, and then add the 3Minit Battery line under it

prosaschi

Jan 30, 2012
Tucson, AZ
OnePlus 6T
LG V20 H91810d

First of all, this MOD is great! Second, I was curious if anyone could add this MOD to an LG V20 because I am not very good at decompiling and recompiling apks. Thanks in advance and if there is someone who is willing I will post the required apks and files.

THANKS
Paul Angelo

kevp75

Recognized Contributor
Aug 29, 2012
MA
kevinpirnie.com
First of all, this MOD is great! Second, I was curious if anyone could add this MOD to an LG V20 because I am not very good at decompiling and recompiling apks. Thanks in advance and if there is someone who is willing I will post the required apks and files.

THANKS
Paul Angelo
is there even root for the v20 yet?
id give it a shot... id need

/system/priv-app/lgsystemui
/system/framework/framework-res.apk
and
/system/framework/lge-res?

Neo3D

Jan 2, 2008
Love this mod and ready to make my own custom battery icons. Is there a guide on how to do this? It looks like a sequence of PNG's,

• CHARGE: stat_sys_battery_charge_0 to 100
  • FULL: stat_sys_battery_charge_full & stat_sys_battery_full

but is there anything else to it? Like max resolution? 8bit or 16bit color?

Last edited:

gharrington

Apr 30, 2012
Brisbane
Love this mod and ready to make my own custom battery icons. Is there a guide on how to do this? It looks like a sequence of PNG's,

• CHARGE: stat_sys_battery_charge_0 to 100
  • FULL: stat_sys_battery_charge_full & stat_sys_battery_full

but is there anything else to it? Like max resolution? 8bit or 16bit color?
No restrictions just correct naming of icons as you said. If you make 11 or more styles I can add you as and author or we can add them in the users section thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Neo3D

Jan 2, 2008
No restrictions just correct naming of icons as you said. If you make 11 or more styles I can add you as and author or we can add them in the users section thanks.

Thank you! How do we get the app to load the PNG files for testing?

Neo3D

Jan 2, 2008
Is anyone able to select a folder on their microSD and not get this error?
Unable to write to that directory, Please select a different folder

The only folder that I can select on the internal storage is: enc_emulated

I'm on Android 6

Rajeev

Recognized Contributor
Nov 24, 2012
Chennai , I N D I A

Thanks alot. Works fine in my One Plus 3.

op3.png

Will give credit and also i will put this thread link to my thread. Thanks alot again. ;)

Reactions: squeakywheel44

nicesoni_ash

May 26, 2012
Hi @gharrington,

I have a concern about the apk available on your git. I was looking for the free version of 3minit battery settings apk to add to my rom and on the official page, available apk was expired so I found your thread and then git link. I installed the apk but it overwritten my paid app, I was looking for the free version. Is free version the same as paid one available on your git, won't it make an issue if I include it? I am confused about it, please clarify. Thanks.

gharrington

Apr 30, 2012
Brisbane
Hi @gharrington,

I have a concern about the apk available on your git. I was looking for the free version of 3minit battery settings apk to add to my rom and on the official page, available apk was expired so I found your thread and then git link. I installed the apk but it overwritten my paid app, I was looking for the free version. Is free version the same as paid one available on your git, won't it make an issue if I include it? I am confused about it, please clarify. Thanks.
The paid and the free version are very different apps. You can include the one from git with the link given on page #1 in this thread but not any paid ones.

Reactions: prboy1969

nicesoni_ash

May 26, 2012
The paid and the free version are very different apps. You can include the one from git with the link given on page #1 in this thread but not any paid ones.
I know that's why my concern. Installing the one from your git replaced my paid version in my phone so I am confused if it's free version it shouldn't do that, that's why I raised my concerns here.

gharrington

Apr 30, 2012
Brisbane
I know that's why my concern. Installing the one from your git replaced my paid version in my phone so I am confused if it's free version it shouldn't do that, that's why I raised my concerns here.
The one from git is definitely the free app and I just installed it side by side with the paid app so not sure what happened in your case.
e326d22458312f522ee00292ee7f4515.jpg

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone