• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

3Minit Clock Mod v1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

gharrington

Apr 30, 2012
Brisbane
3Minit Clock Mod

This is the most customizable clock seen to date.
Add individual items so you can have any layout to wish also you can set the following for each item.

Clock position: Left, Right, Center

Changeable for each item:
Text color
Text font
text size

Selectable items are :
Hour (24) e.g.: 13
Hour (12) e.g.: 1
Minutes
Seconds
Day (numeric) eg: 02
Day (short) e.g.: Tue
Day (long) e.g.: Tuesday
Month (numeric) eg: 01
Month (short) e.g.: Jan
Month (long) e.g.: January
Year (short) e.g.: 15
Year (long) e.g.: 2015
Am-Pm
:
/
-
Space

You can also save/load your clock layouts
I cannot explain the full nature of this mod so give it a go.

Implementation Guide

1.Unzip the download files and place all of the MinitClock.smali files into SystemUI.apk/com/android/systemui/policy folder.

2.Make the changes to status_bar.xml as seen below. I have also include both the files below so you can run a diff to see the changes.

XML Source Code: status_bar.xml - Original

Code:

XML Source Code: status_bar.xml - Modded
Code:

Note there are 4 added lines 5,6,12,21 dont miss line 5 or your apk wont recompile. Also note the attributes threeminit:position="0" these mean:

threeminit:position="0" = right clock
threeminit:position="1" = center clock
threeminit:position="2" = left clock

adjust these as you need them.

3. push the contents of system/fonts from zip to your device

4. Install the included apk.

share_zpsb7de10db.png

You are free to use and bake this mod and app into your rom provided you give full and proper credits and you provide a link to this thread. Also, you cannot alter in any way without permission from me first.

This is not a open source project and I share with you as is. All codes belong to me and are copyrighted.
Downloads
3Minit Clock Mod v1.1

XDA:DevDB Information
3Minit Clock Mod, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
gharrington

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.0

Created 2016-06-17
Last Updated 2016-06-16

Last edited:

biglil1

May 22, 2012
Gwinn
I just start to learn this stuff but I'd have to say it's the + in between @ and id. Third line down.

Edit: I just viewed the XML on my phone there is no + sign. Remove that and you should be good

angelus mortis

Last edited:

biglil1

May 22, 2012
Gwinn
I try remove + and add id in id.xml, but still error
The only edits you make is in the status_bar.xml. Did you place the .smali files in the policy folder? Maybe I explained my first response wrong. In your edits you had @+id....
in line 3 but it should be @id. If you made an edit in your id.xml change it back

angelus mortis

Last edited:

biglil1

May 22, 2012
Gwinn
Yes, i really copy smali to policy.
You can show your statusbar xml?
Just got out of work so I haven't done it yet. I'll hopefully get to it tonight. I really thought that + sign was it. If you have time start from scratch. I only looked at the zip in the op once but if I remember correctly it contains a modded and original status_bar.xml. View the modded XML in notepad++ side by side with your unmodified xml. Going one line at a time edit yours. Place the smali files in policy folder and before recompiling compare the xmls again just to make sure! Hope you get it working!!

angelus mortis

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 AM ----------

This is status_bar.xml:10:
Code:
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.MinitClock threeminit:position="2" android:gravity="left|center" android:id="@+id/minitclock" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" />

My apologies my friend after reading the modded xml completely and more carefully there is a + sign in between @ and id. Feel free to back hand me for that one; lol! I'm going to bed now but if you don't have it working by the time I get up pm me your framework-res.apk and SystemUi.apk and I'll do yours before I do mine. For my stupidity I owe you that!

angelus mortis

Reactions: nguyentankiet

nguyentankiet

Aug 6, 2014
Kien Giang
Just got out of work so I haven't done it yet. I'll hopefully get to it tonight. I really thought that + sign was it. If you have time start from scratch. I only looked at the zip in the op once but if I remember correctly it contains a modded and original status_bar.xml. View the modded XML in notepad++ side by side with your unmodified xml. Going one line at a time edit yours. Place the smali files in policy folder and before recompiling compare the xmls again just to make sure! Hope you get it working!!

angelus mortis

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 AM ----------

My apologies my friend after reading the modded xml completely and more carefully there is a + sign in between @ and id. Feel free to back hand me for that one; lol! I'm going to bed now but if you don't have it working by the time I get up pm me your framework-res.apk and SystemUi.apk and I'll do yours before I do mine. For my stupidity I owe you that!

angelus mortis

thank you, mine done. I forget delete > end of
Code:
xmlns:systemui="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/com.android.systemui"
haha

Reactions: biglil1

biglil1

May 22, 2012
Gwinn
I've had nothing but issues with this. Had a few errors when recompiling but I got them iron out but now the app won't open no matter what I do. I tried installing like normal, putting it into System/apps, in System/priv-apps but still it doesn't work. I'm on rooted stock 6.0.1 30M Nexus 6

nguyentankiet

Aug 6, 2014
Kien Giang
Reactions: biglil1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    3Minit Clock Mod

This is the most customizable clock seen to date.
    Add individual items so you can have any layout to wish also you can set the following for each item.

Clock position: Left, Right, Center

Changeable for each item:
    Text color
    Text font
    text size

Selectable items are :
    Hour (24) e.g.: 13
    Hour (12) e.g.: 1
    Minutes
    Seconds
    Day (numeric) eg: 02
    Day (short) e.g.: Tue
    Day (long) e.g.: Tuesday
    Month (numeric) eg: 01
    Month (short) e.g.: Jan
    Month (long) e.g.: January
    Year (short) e.g.: 15
    Year (long) e.g.: 2015
    Am-Pm
    :
    /
    -
    Space

You can also save/load your clock layouts
    I cannot explain the full nature of this mod so give it a go.

Implementation Guide

1.Unzip the download files and place all of the MinitClock.smali files into SystemUI.apk/com/android/systemui/policy folder.

2.Make the changes to status_bar.xml as seen below. I have also include both the files below so you can run a diff to see the changes.

XML Source Code: status_bar.xml - Original

Code:

XML Source Code: status_bar.xml - Modded
    Code:

Note there are 4 added lines 5,6,12,21 dont miss line 5 or your apk wont recompile. Also note the attributes threeminit:position="0" these mean:

threeminit:position="0" = right clock
    threeminit:position="1" = center clock
    threeminit:position="2" = left clock

adjust these as you need them.

3. push the contents of system/fonts from zip to your device

4. Install the included apk.

share_zpsb7de10db.png

You are free to use and bake this mod and app into your rom provided you give full and proper credits and you provide a link to this thread. Also, you cannot alter in any way without permission from me first.

This is not a open source project and I share with you as is. All codes belong to me and are copyrighted.
    Downloads
    3Minit Clock Mod v1.1

XDA:DevDB Information
    3Minit Clock Mod, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    gharrington

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0

Created 2016-06-17
    Last Updated 2016-06-16
    @gharrington
    Another great Mod Sir.... [emoji106]

Thank you. Please screenshot
    f68612c92db3ed2bd37726a45c191801.jpg

6da9bdab3bc598a8c8d1e9d38a494929.jpg

b9d636697e35594290cb26e29c5d91c5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    Changelog

v1.1 8/6/2016
    Fixed issue where app would crash on some devices.

v1.0
    Initial release.
    Yes, i really copy smali to policy.
    You can show your statusbar xml?

angelus mortis

This is status_bar.xml:10:
    Code:
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.MinitClock threeminit:position="2" android:gravity="left|center" android:id="@+id/minitclock" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" />

angelus mortis

angelus mortis

angelus mortis

thank you, mine done. I forget delete > end of
    Code:
    xmlns:systemui="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/com.android.systemui"
    haha