• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

3rd party 45W charger - Baseus 65W GaN Mini Quick Charge US

Search This thread
Just got this on our country's local online shopping site (shopee) for about $27 (discounted and with free c-c cable). It's actually 65W and has two USB Type-C ports and one USB-A port. The first USB-C port supports up to 65W and I mainly use it for my laptop. However, I just discovered that it actually charges my Note10+ on 45W. The second USB-C port supports up to 30W and it charges the phone at 25W. Lastly, the USB-A also supports up to 30W but it only charges the phone at 18W.

Many have asked how I knew the power output on each ports when used on the Note10+, well a few months back, Samsung added the feature on one of their updates to display different labels when charging.

On 45W charging, the phone displays Super Fast Charging 2.0;
on 25W charging, the phone displays Super Fast Charging;
on 15-18W charging, the phone displays Fast Charging;
and on 10W charging, the phone displays Cable Charging.

So there you have it, if you're looking for 3rd party 45W chargers, I suggest you check this one out as well.

I also am not sure if xda allows me to link where I got this but I'll just do it anyway. To the mods, please remove the link if necessary.

https://shopee.ph/product/131196305/5404683463?smtt=0.0.9

This is the Baseus 65W GaN Mini Quick Charge US

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Attachments

• Hkkx1hX.jpg
    Hkkx1hX.jpg
    631.6 KB · Views: 48
  • L8kuAUH.jpg
    L8kuAUH.jpg
    906.6 KB · Views: 49
  • PcyfhU1.jpg
    PcyfhU1.jpg
    878 KB · Views: 51
  • 8EBxIqL.jpg
    8EBxIqL.jpg
    797.9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

knight900

Feb 7, 2006
Just got this on our country's local online shopping site (shopee) for about $27 (discounted and with free c-c cable). It's actually 65W and has two USB Type-C ports and one USB-A port. The first USB-C port supports up to 65W and I mainly use it for my laptop. However, I just discovered that it actually charges my Note10+ on 45W. The second USB-C port supports up to 30W and it charges the phone at 25W. Lastly, the USB-A also supports up to 30W but it only charges the phone at 18W.

So there you have it, if you're looking for 3rd party 45W chargers, I suggest you check this one out as well.

View attachment 5091321View attachment 5091323View attachment 5091325View attachment 5091327
Cant see the pics can you share the link?

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Hi, how do you know what wattage you are getting with each cable?
The later firmware of the note 10+ has different indicators when charging. On 15-18W charging the phone will display "Fast Charging", on 25W it will display "Super Fast Charging", lastly on 45W charging the phone will display "Super Fast Charging 2.0"

Last edited:
Reactions: sarfdawg

romaha

Jun 25, 2010
Novosibirsk
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3
The later firmware of the note 10+ has different indicators when charging. On 15-18W charging the phone will display "Fast Charging", on 25W it will display "Super Fast Charging", lastly on 45W charging the phone will display "Super Fast Charging 2.0"

Explained perfectly. I was very surprised when I saw "super fast 2.0" on my note 10+

msi.1362

Jul 19, 2009
I bought one of these chargers:
https://www.giztop.com/baseus-120w-2c1a-gan-charger.html
Due to it's 87-watt output of the Type C port, I use it to charge the Note 10 Plus in full-speed, as well as to charge my laptop, which can be charged through the Type C port.
Even if I use both Type C ports at the same time, the quality and speed of charging does not decrease either in mobile phone or laptop, which is one of the strengths of this charger.
It is compact and has a very high quality.

Last edited:

winol

Jan 18, 2010
COATZACOALCOS
I have bought several Baseus products, even 2 protective cases, without exception, all have been of a very good quality, and, reasonably priced

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020

Original firmware, still running Pie, will indicate "fast charging" with the 25 w brick.
Really that's all you need or want. Stock ones with cable go for $20 stateside. My original one is still charging away even after heavy use.

One other plus for the stock charger is it will charge even at 60 VAC. I inadvertently tested that when we lost one leg of electric power overnight. Didn't phase the brick one bit... and it continued charging.

Update, got a new N10+ running on Q. With the same 25w brick, Q shows it to be "super charging". Sounds faster🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: sherpa25

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Doesn't faster charging (ie. faster than rated for the phone) make the battery deteriorate faster?
Yes. Any additional stress does.
Do you think about how rapidly the battery discharges when in use? Same deal.
When watching vids which draw about 12% SOT I give it a break every 20-30 minutes.
The whole phone interior is warm much of the time too, more stress.

Just the nature of having a finite lifespan. On a heavily used device you'll get 1-2 years lifespan.
It's no big deal, simply replace it when it's capacity drops below roughly 80% of it's original capacity to avoid a battery failure which can heavily damage, even destroy the device.
Replacing the battery is just part of using and maintaining the phone.
Even the N10+'s battery replacement which isn't rated as easy really is not that difficult once you learn the tricks. Just replace with a battery made in Nam, not China and use a new OEM seal on the rear cover.

The "permanent battery" stuff is just hype for most phones. There are a few exceptions.

sherpa25

Jun 13, 2011
Muntinlupa
When watching vids which draw about 12% SOT I give it a break every 20-30 minutes.

Just the nature of having a finite lifespan. On a heavily used device you'll get 1-2 years lifespan.
It's no big deal, simply replace it when it's capacity drops below roughly 80% of it's original capacity to avoid a battery failure which can heavily damage, even destroy the device.
Even the N10+'s battery replacement which isn't rated as easy really is not that difficult once you learn the tricks. Just replace with a battery made in Nam, not China and use a new OEM seal on the rear cover.

The "permanent battery" stuff is just hype for most phones. There are a few exceptions.
So you charge your N10+ daily with a faster charger? And always to full 100%?

Well, if mine would last perhaps another 2 years, even doing this, I'd already be happy :)

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
So you charge your N10+ daily with a faster charger? And always to full 100%?

Well, if mine would last perhaps another 2 years, even doing this, I'd already be happy :)
Mostly always use fast charging. Not real concerned about replacing the battery but I do limit the level of discharge/charge.
Very rarely to 100% or below 30%
Li's like frequent midrange power cycling.
Typically 40-50 to 70-85% two or three times a day.
Overnight I try to start it at 50-70%

Don't start a charge if below 72F.
Never attempt to charge at 40F or less.
Optimum start temperature is 82-90F
Cool if it goes beyond 100F when charging.
Short midrange charge cycles create less heat and stress.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, how do you know what wattage you are getting with each cable?

I have bought several Baseus products, even 2 protective cases, without exception, all have been of a very good quality, and, reasonably priced

Original firmware, still running Pie, will indicate "fast charging" with the 25 w brick.
    Really that's all you need or want. Stock ones with cable go for $20 stateside. My original one is still charging away even after heavy use.

One other plus for the stock charger is it will charge even at 60 VAC. I inadvertently tested that when we lost one leg of electric power overnight. Didn't phase the brick one bit... and it continued charging.

Update, got a new N10+ running on Q. With the same 25w brick, Q shows it to be "super charging". Sounds faster🤣
    Doesn't faster charging (ie. faster than rated for the phone) make the battery deteriorate faster?