Question 3rd party launcher (Nova) - Not being able to tap icons for a short time after returning to the home screen

Search This thread

foobar66

Jan 8, 2011
Brussels
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Title says it all ... I had already reported this in another thread somewhere ...

However, I was not aware that this is actually a Google issue, explained here:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=1018524&p=6907317&viewfull=1#post6907317 or

Many of you probably knew this, I did not ...
Still, I used Nova on OnePlus 8 pro as well and there such issues were NOT present.

Anyway, looks like we'll just have to accept it.

somethingsomethingroot

Nov 8, 2013
I've not experienced these issues on my P6P. I'm trying it now and Chrome and Pocket Casts seem to open up immediately. Same with the other listed issues: Clear All is there, and the animations look just a fluid.

MrBelter

Apr 10, 2011
Nova is working fine on my P6P, i can return to the home screen and open something else instantly.

Gestures have worked fine with Nova for some time, they worked from the off on my Pixel 5 and that was in October 2020.

cd993

May 8, 2009
London
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I know the delay you're referring to, it's certainly a minor annoyance but not enough of a deal breaker for me to no longer use Nova - the benefits outweigh such a con!

I'm intrigued by QuickSwitch but see Nova isn't supported so unsure if this would even be able to help?

Reactions: foobar66

notegalaxy

Dec 20, 2011
I know the delay you're referring to, it's certainly a minor annoyance but not enough of a deal breaker for me to no longer use Nova - the benefits outweigh such a con!

I'm intrigued by QuickSwitch but see Nova isn't supported so unsure if this would even be able to help?
Ah sorry I wasn't paying attention. I know I had/have the delay with lawnchair and this always fixes it. Think it's something to do with recents.

Reactions: cd993

burbank

Aug 17, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Title says it all ... I had already reported this in another thread somewhere ...

However, I was not aware that this is actually a Google issue, explained here:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=1018524&p=6907317&viewfull=1#post6907317 or

Many of you probably knew this, I did not ...
Still, I used Nova on OnePlus 8 pro as well and there such issues were NOT present.

Anyway, looks like we'll just have to accept it.
Are you using the latest beta build of NOVA Launcher? As of this writing, that would be 7.0.54.

Top Liked Posts