3XL won't shut down... Keeps restarting

Gosimer4

Feb 4, 2009
This may sound a little strange has anyone ever encounted the problem where their phone will not shut down. Holding in the power button and choosing shut down just restarts it. Choosing shut down from fastboot also just restarts it. I even tried locking the bootloader with the December update , but it still happens..... Strange

ktmom

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 22, 2015
Deep Space Station K7
This may sound a little strange has anyone ever encounted the problem where their phone will not shut down. Holding in the power button and choosing shut down just restarts it. Choosing shut down from fastboot also just restarts it. I even tried locking the bootloader with the December update , but it still happens..... Strange
Is it plugged in when this happens? If so, try again with the cable disconnected. Else, it's think this means a sticky power button.

Gosimer4

Feb 4, 2009
Thank you, but it happens unplugged. It says shutting down..... Turns off for about 3 to 4 seconds..... Then the white screen to boot..... If it was a sticky button, wouldn't to keep going to the power menu?

andy hall

Mar 3, 2011
Did this get resolved, I have a pixel3 that will only stay turned off of the charger cable is connected. everything else works fine.
Latest Android 11, multiple factory resets and still will not stay shutdown.
Power button does not seem to be stuck, doubletap for camer works flawlessly and so does any other function I can think of.