• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[4.0][ICS][ROM]Mackay CM9 2014 1.7 (25-mar-14)

Search This thread

jv.batista

Jan 25, 2011
Faro, Portugal
That is life for the downgrader: some features will be missing.

I haven't had a single random reboot. Does it happens when you are doing very specific activities?

For 3 occasions, that I watched it occurring, the phone was connected to my laptop doing nothing(as in charging) and it rebooted it-self(the phone wasn't hot on touch). the first 2 times I had v1.3 and the last one was with 1.4.

Is it possible that this is caused by faulty hardware?

xkons

Jan 11, 2012
Fürstenfeld
Because version 1.1.2s and without "s" their recovery does not recognise internal sd if u want to flash anything after that.
And if u read carefuly the thread, there says that version 1.1.0 and above are for JB/KK, under 1.1.0 are for ICS. Version 1.0.9 v1 and v2 are not that perfect (at least for me, you can try if you want).
Thats why I use version 1.0.8.
One more thing, i use version with "s" because has more free Ram. :D

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Forum Runner

CWM on on 1.0.8s Gear Kernel for ICS seems not to be working correctly. For example: Nothing happens when i wipe dalvik cashe and that also applies to some other commands. Went back to kasper_h's Kernel for this ROM. Could you or somebody else tell me if i could get the same version of TWRP working on that gear kernel?

Thanks in advance

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

This ROM is absolutely fast but, besides the limited space for apps, there are some features that I miss from the newest rom's such as the cyanogen's quick sms reply and google's swype keyboard...

Thanks for your amazing work

There are SMS apps on the play store with the quick replay feature implemented just as good. Try Go SMS

milot.tahiraj

Dec 26, 2013
CWM on on 1.0.8s Gear Kernel for ICS seems not to be working correctly. For example: Nothing happens when i wipe dalvik cashe and that also applies to some other commands. Went back to kasper_h's Kernel for this ROM. Could you or somebody else tell me if i could get the same version of TWRP working on that gear kernel?

Thanks in advance

Its strange but for me CWM of Gear Kernel 1.0.8s works perfect, everything on it.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Forum Runner

Reactions: xkons

octolith

Nov 16, 2010
Budakeszi
I haven't had a single random reboot. Does it happens when you are doing very specific activities?

On 1.3 I had several reboots, SODs, etc. It didn't matter what activities I was doing, the freezing and SOD happened randomly.

I don't know what made the difference, but I flashed 1.4 the same way, went back to 2.3.6, wiped, etc and it is rock stable. Thank you Kasper :)

tetakpatak

Jan 6, 2013
Lucerne
Could you or somebody else tell me if i could get the same version of TWRP working on that gear kernel?

No, as on the i9000 recovery can't be flashed alone, it comes always in the package with kernel.

By many other devices, TWRP is known as more reliable than CWM for wiping and formatting.

Reactions: xkons

mosquis71

Oct 30, 2010
It's possible install from kk? I have nandroid backup of kk, wipe cache, dalvik, data and system, but when I go to install the ROM... Error: zip file verification (twice download the ROM) and if I ignore the verification, other error too. Thanks in advance.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9000 mediante Tapatalk

Krimator

Jan 21, 2013
It's possible install from kk? I have nandroid backup of kk, wipe cache, dalvik, data and system, but when I go to install the ROM... Error: zip file verification (twice download the ROM) and if I ignore the verification, other error too. Thanks in advance.

Install:
-From existing CM9: install on top + flash gapps
-From any jellybean ROM: you can try to install it on top, but it may result in bootloops, requiring flashing GB through Odin (see below for next steps). Flash ROM. Flash gapps.
-From stock Samsung GB: install CF-ROOT-CWM kernel, or any other CWM containing kernel. Flash ROM. Flash gapps.

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012

no, flash any cm10.2 kernel then flash ics.
@kasper_h can you add volume keys to wake up my power botton is out of service :silly:
thanx for gret stuff.

Reactions: mosquis71

mosquis71

Oct 30, 2010
Install:
-From existing CM9: install on top + flash gapps
-From any jellybean ROM: you can try to install it on top, but it may result in bootloops, requiring flashing GB through Odin (see below for next steps). Flash ROM. Flash gapps.
-From stock Samsung GB: install CF-ROOT-CWM kernel, or any other CWM containing kernel. Flash ROM. Flash gapps.

I had already read, but it says nothing about kk. Thanks anyway.

jo-the-ripper

Aug 23, 2008
i realy like this rom. after a long time with kk i got more and more problems and slowness. so now after going back to cm9 all went well. thanks!!!

to flash back from kk to cm9 i did:

RECOVERYMODE - > flash Semaphore_ICS_1.3.0.zip
restart your phone
RECOVERYMODE - > flash cm-9.1.0-galaxysmtd.zip
restart your phone
RECOVERYMODE - > flash Mackay CM9 2014
wipe (factorys reset)
restart your phone

Reactions: Sunsamg

Top Liked Posts