• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[4.0][ICS][ROM]Mackay CM9 2014 1.7 (25-mar-14)

Search This thread

Hampy

Jul 23, 2010
Am I the only one experiencing some random reboots?

ps: thank you for the ultramem kernel...

That kind of kernel with a striped down kitkat version should be interesting...

I got soft reboots when the phone is just on the table doing nothing..i think its because of setting max CPU speed to 800mhz and ondemand...never happened to me in other roms or kernels, only with the normal kernel just released.

kasper_h

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 8, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
I got soft reboots when the phone is just on the table doing nothing..i think its because of setting max CPU speed to 800mhz and ondemand...never happened to me in other roms or kernels, only with the normal kernel just released.

I would suggest is that if your phone soft reboot, just go back to stock settings:
-interactive + ROW
-100-1000MHz

Reactions: tetakpatak

milot.tahiraj

Dec 26, 2013
Is there any Xpoded MOD or any other way to Clear all recent list at once, or maybe to add that option in next release if there will be any other release. Because i couldnt find anywhere. Regards..

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Forum Runner

Reactions: saschc

saschc

Nov 8, 2012
Is there any Xpoded MOD or any other way to Clear all recent list at once, or maybe to add that option in next release if there will be any other release. Because i couldnt find anywhere. Regards..

I think it is not an option in the ROM (or I'm also not able to find it). I think it is ICS related, because there wasn't this option. I was searching that as Xposed MOD, too, but also couldn't find that.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk

Last edited:

saschc

Nov 8, 2012
Its strange but for me CWM of Gear Kernel 1.0.8s works perfect, everything on it.

Also mounting sdcard and ext sdcard as well in cwm as at PC with 1.0.8 s? I used gear kernel 1.1.0 s and it worked very good except that. And because of that I was not able to flash a zip or copy files to/from my mobile.

milot.tahiraj

Dec 26, 2013
Also mounting sdcard and ext sdcard as well in cwm as at PC with 1.0.8 s? I used gear kernel 1.1.0 s and it worked very good except that. And because of that I was not able to flash a zip or copy files to/from my mobile.

Try 1.0.5s or without "s", it has a touchwiz recovery, and it works good at me.

mosquis71

Oct 30, 2010
The truth is that many features are lost against kk, but the speed with kk makes it insufferable. We must be realistic, our i9000 has reached the limit, and it is much better to lose those features and retrieve the great performance of this ROM.

Something I do not quite understand is that if google announced KK as a version that would work in terminals with 512 mb of RAM without problems, even better than with ICS or JB, why ours works so slow?. If the problem lies in the size of the partitions and not in RAM, would not it be possible to adapt this partition size from ICS to KK or is that no longer cares to cyanogenmod these limitations as current phones do not suffer this limitation?

Regards and thanks for this updated version of ICS.

Reactions: pintafontes

kasper_h

Oct 8, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
The truth is that many features are lost against kk, but the speed with kk makes it insufferable. We must be realistic, our i9000 has reached the limit, and it is much better to lose those features and retrieve the great performance of this ROM.

Something I do not quite understand is that if google announced KK as a version that would work in terminals with 512 mb of RAM without problems, even better than with ICS or JB, why ours works so slow?. If the problem lies in the size of the partitions and not in RAM, would not it be possible to adapt this partition size from ICS to KK or is that no longer cares to cyanogenmod these limitations as current phones do not suffer this limitation?

Regards and thanks for this updated version of ICS.

RAM is not the only determinant of speed off course. A single core 1GHz cpu isn't too much either. And I feel that KK works better than JB on our device (but still not as good as ICS does). Repartitioning is not the solution. The problem is more general: all elements are slow. And communication between elements is slow. Nothing can really change that. Especially if you want to use it as a smart-phone - for multitasking.

milot.tahiraj

Dec 26, 2013
OK thx, will give it a try. But Why not 1.0.8 a you wrote before?

Because for someone i dont know why it doesnt work properly, for me worked 1.0.8, and now its working 1.0.5 too, I repeat 1.0.5 has a touchwiz recovery, and that might be the reason to prefer 1.0.5 over 1.0.8.

rasm523

Dec 9, 2011
Flashed Rom 1.4 and normal kernel yesterday. 720p recording (and everything else) seems to be working nicely. But I couldn't find the mackay settings like in the previous roms. Did I miss something or are they simply not (yet) implemented? I especially miss the BLX option...

kasper_h

Oct 8, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Flashed Rom 1.4 and normal kernel yesterday. 720p recording (and everything else) seems to be working nicely. But I couldn't find the mackay settings like in the previous roms. Did I miss something or are they simply not (yet) implemented? I especially miss the BLX option...

Not implemented (yet), not high on priority list...

mosquis71

Oct 30, 2010
RAM is not the only determinant of speed off course. A single core 1GHz cpu isn't too much either. And I feel that KK works better than JB on our device (but still not as good as ICS does). Repartitioning is not the solution. The problem is more general: all elements are slow. And communication between elements is slow. Nothing can really change that. Especially if you want to use it as a smart-phone - for multitasking.

First, thanks for replying. I do not want to be heavy, and of course you know much more than I do, but I do not quite understand. The components are slow, yes, but are the same for ICS that for KK. KK has more functions and is therefore normal that the yield is somewhat lower, but there is a huge difference in performance.

I would say the performance difference is noticeable when cyanogenmod changed the partitions size, so my previous comment.

Can this have relationship?

As I understand, the i9000 has two types of flash memory:

OneNAND chip: up to 108MB/s
MoviNAND chip: up to 52MB/s

Regards

Reactions: pintafontes

Sanj3k

May 21, 2012
I have a quick question, installed yesterday the 1.4 version runs really badass!!!! no rom was that fluent before :D but I miss the jelly bean google digital clock, how can I get it?? Because analog clock is boring and I hate the other versions from widget apps because I only need the time and date plus the alarm time. The funny thing is on the lockscreen the clock is also a pleasure but not on the homescreen :( can somone give me an advice how I can get either the lockscreen clock on to the homescreen or the jelly bean clock on ics? :D

milot.tahiraj

Dec 26, 2013
I have a quick question, installed yesterday the 1.4 version runs really badass!!!! no rom was that fluent before :D but I miss the jelly bean google digital clock, how can I get it?? Because analog clock is boring and I hate the other versions from widget apps because I only need the time and date plus the alarm time. The funny thing is on the lockscreen the clock is also a pleasure but not on the homescreen :( can somone give me an advice how I can get either the lockscreen clock on to the homescreen or the jelly bean clock on ics? :D

Im not sure if its what youre looking for, but try downloading Chronus : Home & Lock Widget from PlayStore, and it may help.

Sorry I didnt notice that Chronus works only on 4.1+ but you can try CleanClock Widget, it has only time and date.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts