[4.0][ICS][ROM]Mackay CM9 2014 1.7 (25-mar-14)

Search This thread

kasper_h

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 8, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
First, thanks for replying. I do not want to be heavy, and of course you know much more than I do, but I do not quite understand. The components are slow, yes, but are the same for ICS that for KK. KK has more functions and is therefore normal that the yield is somewhat lower, but there is a huge difference in performance.

I would say the performance difference is noticeable when cyanogenmod changed the partitions size, so my previous comment.

Can this have relationship?

As I understand, the i9000 has two types of flash memory:

OneNAND chip: up to 108MB/s
MoviNAND chip: up to 52MB/s

Regards

The speed-reducing element is the /datadata partition. For both ICS & KK this partition is on the fast OneNAND chip. So that is why I do see no benefit of changing KK partition layout. One difference is that for ICS, also /system is on the fast OneNAND, but this should not make a huge difference. But kk /system partition will never fit together with /datadata on the OneNAND because it much larger.

mosquis71

Oct 30, 2010
The speed-reducing element is the /datadata partition. For both ICS & KK this partition is on the fast OneNAND chip. So that is why I do see no benefit of changing KK partition layout. One difference is that for ICS, also /system is on the fast OneNAND, but this should not make a huge difference. But kk /system partition will never fit together with /datadata on the OneNAND because it much larger.

I do not wanna look like a smartass, but on kk has anyone tried to put the system in the OneNAND and all applications in moviNAND?
I think that little good to put applications in the fast partition if the system is a "bottleneck". Which is tedious in kk is the slow moving through the system and applications that pull it. I think is better that the apps take a little longer to start but moving in a more fluid environment... another thing is the cache that should be in the OneNAND.

In what am I wrong?. I guess it's more complex than I think.

Last edited:
Reactions: pintafontes

kasper_h

Oct 8, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
I do not wanna look like a smartass, but on kk has anyone tried to put the system in the OneNAND and all applications in moviNAND?
I think that little good to put applications in the fast partition if the system is a "bottleneck". Which is tedious in kk is the slow moving through the system and applications that pull it. I think is better that the apps take a little longer to start but moving in a more fluid environment... another thing is the cache that should be in the OneNAND.

In what am I wrong?. I guess it's more complex than I think.

Actually /datadata is whether a lot of RW activities take place. /system is read-only, and things are read here for boot and starting apps, not during using apps. All things the app do goes through /datadata. So /datadata is being written to and read from all the time an app is active. Therefore, having /datadata on the fast OneNAND makes much more sense than having /system on the fast OneNAND. So if you would swap /system and /datadata in kitkat, you will see a huge performance decrease (maybe a bit faster bootup of the phone, but app use will be much slower).

Orion.20

Sep 11, 2010
is there a way to uninstall apps like DSP manager or apollo??

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

gverma1

Feb 7, 2012
New Delhi
Going by the discussion between kasper_h and mosquis71, I am now confused. I thought iNand and MoviNand were two separate types of internal memory hardware found in SGS. Some older SGS have MoviNand and newer SGS have iNand. What appears from kasper_h's and mosquis71's discussion is that a single SGS can have both types of memory. Could somebody enlighten me please. Thanks a lot.

milot.tahiraj

Dec 26, 2013
I mean this kind of clock you know?

http://mycolorscreen.com/wp-content/uploads/homescreens_2012/295769/Screenshot_2013-10-20-18-30-11.png

I know this is a kitkat screenshot but is it possible to get a clock widget like this onto ics?? Because I need the time, date, next alarm and on ics I only have the analog clock..... Thanks a lot for tips and hints ;)

I know its not what youre looking for, but i use Smart Launcher Pro, and there are many Clock Styles as you can see.
Otherwise nobody portet KK Clock for ICS yet.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Forum Runner

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140311_135836.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140311_135836.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 358
  • ForumRunner_20140311_135958.png
    ForumRunner_20140311_135958.png
    119.9 KB · Views: 356

mosquis71

Oct 30, 2010
Actually /datadata is whether a lot of RW activities take place. /system is read-only, and things are read here for boot and starting apps, not during using apps. All things the app do goes through /datadata. So /datadata is being written to and read from all the time an app is active. Therefore, having /datadata on the fast OneNAND makes much more sense than having /system on the fast OneNAND. So if you would swap /system and /datadata in kitkat, you will see a huge performance decrease (maybe a bit faster bootup of the phone, but app use will be much slower).

Clear as water. Thanks for your explanations.

Could not there be a middle ground where both the system and the RW operations were in the OneNAND? I think that applications once converted to dalvik no sense to remain in the OneNAND, since these running from the dalvik cache, not?. With having a link on the OneNAND to applications located on the MoviNAND to get the system think that they haven´t been uninstalled, the links do not occupy space... and perhaps, with the space released by the apps, it is large enough to put the system in the OneNAND.

Are just assumptions, I do not know if that could be put into practice and how complex it would be.

(I insist, do not want to be heavy, if you think that makes no sense, do not bother to respond)

Reactions: lounger23

dashing_9508

Aug 14, 2012
Lahore
A quite silly question , but mmmm the GB partition is much identical to current ICS one , In GB the datadata folder inside the data partition are combined , what i want to say is that its just like a " folder " in a folder that would show 1.85 GB , so isn't it possible to use that layout with the current rom ?

gverma1

Feb 7, 2012
New Delhi
I mean this kind of clock you know?

http://mycolorscreen.com/wp-content...012/295769/Screenshot_2013-10-20-18-30-11.png

I know this is a kitkat screenshot but is it possible to get a clock widget like this onto ics?? Because I need the time, date, next alarm and on ics I only have the analog clock..... Thanks a lot for tips and hints ;)

Try Transparent Clock and weather widget by Droid7 from Google play.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

kasper_h

Oct 8, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
Going by the discussion between kasper_h and mosquis71, I am now confused. I thought iNand and MoviNand were two separate types of internal memory hardware found in SGS. Some older SGS have MoviNand and newer SGS have iNand. What appears from kasper_h's and mosquis71's discussion is that a single SGS can have both types of memory. Could somebody enlighten me please. Thanks a lot.
Yes, there are two types of internal memory, the slow MoviNAND and the fast OneNAND. The MoviNAND comes in two flavours: a relatively fast and a really slow one, depending on the age of the phone (earlier models come with the slow MoviNAND). On the fast MoviNAND, it is not that much slower than OneNAND, whereas on the slow MoviNAND the difference is extremely alrge.

SD Maid can uninstall anything
Or freeze it (Settings>App>Freeze)/Titanium,

Clear as water. Thanks for your explanations.

Could not there be a middle ground where both the system and the RW operations were in the OneNAND? I think that applications once converted to dalvik no sense to remain in the OneNAND, since these running from the dalvik cache, not?. With having a link on the OneNAND to applications located on the MoviNAND to get the system think that they haven´t been uninstalled, the links do not occupy space... and perhaps, with the space released by the apps, it is large enough to put the system in the OneNAND.

Are just assumptions, I do not know if that could be put into practice and how complex it would be.

(I insist, do not want to be heavy, if you think that makes no sense, do not bother to respond)
kk has /datadata on the fast OneNAND, but dalvik-cache on the slow MoviNAND. Maybe it could be beneficial to have it on the OneNAND (although moving dalvik-cache to /data/data would be a challenge). The question is also how much it will bring. dalvik-cache, once created, is also used on for reading. And reading actions on the MoviNAND are not that slow, it are especially the write that are slow. But as far as I know, the only write actions that really have an impact are to /data/data?!

A quite silly question , but mmmm the GB partition is much identical to current ICS one , In GB the datadata folder inside the data partition are combined , what i want to say is that its just like a " folder " in a folder that would show 1.85 GB , so isn't it possible to use that layout with the current rom ?
Having /datadata in the /data folder would actually slow things down, as the 1.85GB partition is slow.

benoitb85

Nov 4, 2007
Bacon le Gruyère
To those who want the best of both worlds, there is an app on the play store that is called "datafix" with a red disk icon. You can chose which app stays on the fast datadata partition and which goes to the slow but large partition.

juliatan

Nov 6, 2012
Yes, there are two types of internal memory, the slow MoviNAND and the fast OneNAND. The MoviNAND comes in two flavours: a relatively fast and a really slow one, depending on the age of the phone (earlier models come with the slow MoviNAND). On the fast MoviNAND, it is not that much slower than OneNAND, whereas on the slow MoviNAND the difference is extremely alrge.

That's interesting info about different types MoviNAND between early and later i9000 models. Explains perhaps why only some i9000's such as mine can have soft reboots when updating or uninstalling apps moved to internal SD. Also after reboot it takes about 60 seconds for some icons of apps moved to internal SD to appear on homescreen when placed in folders.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 (2013) met Tapatalk

Last edited:

trut

Jan 27, 2011
near Novi Sad
Great job i try this rom after couple KK roms and this rom rly fastest so far. Only one thing compass not work.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Orion.20

Sep 11, 2010
After 72h I must say that I m pretty impressed with the speed and responsiveness of this rom. The only problem I partially faced is the battery life. The first 24h were superb with only 79% I got 5h of screen time, 3h of music and 15min of calls. But by my second charging and after a modem change (JVT>JVU) my battery life worsened. It seems that wifi cannot turn off when the phone goes to idle and i dont know why... Any thoughts??

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-12-09-42-58.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-12-09-42-58.png
    61.2 KB · Views: 226

Top Liked Posts