[4.0][ICS][ROM]Mackay CM9 2014 1.7 (25-mar-14)

Search This thread

milot.tahiraj

Dec 26, 2013
This ROM still rocks after weeks now, thank you Kasper_h youre genius. The only thing Im missing is Clear all button on recent app list. Is there any way, or any Xposed mod to add this feature. Im using XBlast tools mod, there is an option to clear all but I dont know why doesnt work, doesnt show clear all button after rebooting.
Is it possible to add this feature on next release (if there will be any release)? Anyway thank you for the great job you did for us kasper_h. Regards.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Forum Runner

gverma1

Feb 7, 2012
New Delhi
This ROM still rocks after weeks now, thank you Kasper_h youre genius. The only thing Im missing is Clear all button on recent app list. Is there any way, or any Xposed mod to add this feature. Im using XBlast tools mod, there is an option to clear all but I dont know why doesnt work, doesnt show clear all button after rebooting.
Is it possible to add this feature on next release (if there will be any release)? Anyway thank you for the great job you did for us kasper_h. Regards.

There is an xposed module called Recents RAM. That shows RAM available and clear all button in recent apps.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

After 72h I must say that I m pretty impressed with the speed and responsiveness of this rom. The only problem I partially faced is the battery life. The first 24h were superb with only 79% I got 5h of screen time, 3h of music and 15min of calls. But by my second charging and after a modem change (JVT>JVU) my battery life worsened. It seems that wifi cannot turn off when the phone goes to idle and i dont know why... Any thoughts??

If there is no compelling reason for JVU, go back to JVT.

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

Yes, there are two types of internal memory, the slow MoviNAND and the fast OneNAND. The MoviNAND comes in two flavours: a relatively fast and a really slow one, depending on the age of the phone (earlier models come with the slow MoviNAND). On the fast MoviNAND, it is not that much slower than OneNAND, whereas on the slow MoviNAND the difference is extremely alrge.

How to know if I have slow or faster MoviNand? My folder /sys/devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:0001/name contains MAG8DD

milot.tahiraj

Dec 26, 2013
There is an xposed module called Recents RAM. That shows RAM available and clear all button in recent apps.

It doesnt work on this android version, I already tried that mod, it works on 4.1+. But thank you anyway.

xkons

Jan 11, 2012
Fürstenfeld
Starting with M -> Slow
Starting with everything else i guess -> Fast.

Therefore you should have the slower chip.

Odesláno z mého GT-I9000 pomocí Tapatalk

I only have a mmc1 folder and no file called "name" in there. I would like to see which one my Galaxy S has built in. Could someone tell me how? :cyclops:

EDIT: sorry i wasnt in sdhci.0 =P Sadly I have MoviNAND =S

mosquis71

Oct 30, 2010
kk has /datadata on the fast OneNAND, but dalvik-cache on the slow MoviNAND. Maybe it could be beneficial to have it on the OneNAND (although moving dalvik-cache to /data/data would be a challenge). The question is also how much it will bring. dalvik-cache, once created, is also used on for reading. And reading actions on the MoviNAND are not that slow, it are especially the write that are slow. But as far as I know, the only write actions that really have an impact are to /data/data?!

I promise this is my last post about this topic ...

As I see it, within my knowledge in operating systems, not in Android, but do not think it's very different, we have three problems in one. The small size of the RAM, the small size of the OneNAND (especially for those who have a slower MoviNAND) and increasing system size in KK . All this obvious.

By the system occupying more space, along with the applications that are loaded at startup , there will be instructions in the operating system that is used quite often that they're not always in RAM memory, and this has to slow down a lot by having to make frequent readings in the MoviNAND. What we most despair is the lack of fluidity to move through the system environment and in certain applications that use a lot of system resources. Given that the dalvik cache is housed in the MoviNAND and is where the apps are started, it makes little sense to have the apps (not dalvik) in the OneNAND.

So, what I think that expedite quite the environment operation would, spend all apps to moviNAND, keep dalvik also there, and if with this the space required to locate the system in the OneNAND is achieved, I think I'd win much in performance.

Of course, you have to cheat the system somehow so that RW application operations will continue running in the OneNAND datadata, with links or otherwise if this is possible.

I do not know if all that we have discussed will do any good or if it's too complex to carry out. You are the master.

Best Regards

Thradya

Sep 20, 2010

As I see it, within my knowledge in operating systems, not in Android, but do not think it's very different, we have three problems in one. The small size of the RAM, the small size of the OneNAND (especially for those who have a slower MoviNAND) and increasing system size in KK . All this obvious.

By the system occupying more space, along with the applications that are loaded at startup , there will be instructions in the operating system that is used quite often that they're not always in RAM memory, and this has to slow down a lot by having to make frequent readings in the MoviNAND. What we most despair is the lack of fluidity to move through the system environment and in certain applications that use a lot of system resources. Given that the dalvik cache is housed in the MoviNAND and is where the apps are started, it makes little sense to have the apps (not dalvik) in the OneNAND.

So, what I think that expedite quite the environment operation would, spend all apps to moviNAND, keep dalvik also there, and if with this the space required to locate the system in the OneNAND is achieved, I think I'd win much in performance.

Of course, you have to cheat the system somehow so that RW application operations will continue running in the OneNAND datadata, with links or otherwise if this is possible.

I do not know if all that we have discussed will do any good or if it's too complex to carry out. You are the master.

Best Regards

But we don't have an issue with how the system itself works - we have an issue with how apps work. After all, that's what you're interacting with.

kasper_h

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 8, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G

Best Regards
Yeah, I have been thinking about alternative ways to get things quicker. Sounds like an interesting idea you have, but it would require a full rewriting of the ROM probably.

In the end, there is a point where you will have to give up and upgrade :) I really think kitkat is the last android revision that will still run on SGS...

mosquis71

Oct 30, 2010
Yeah, I have been thinking about alternative ways to get things quicker. Sounds like an interesting idea you have, but it would require a full rewriting of the ROM probably.

In the end, there is a point where you will have to give up and upgrade :) I really think kitkat is the last android revision that will still run on SGS...

Like you, I think this is the last oportunity for our galaxy, for this an last effort ;)...

In really, I think it´s too many work and we don´t know if this will be effective enough to be worth it. Yourself.

Regards Kasper_h

sonof

Aug 16, 2010
This works great and smooth!

If performance is the main goal, why is overclocking disabled in performance settings? Please allow at least moderate overclocking :)

tetakpatak

Jan 6, 2013
Lucerne
I am highly impressed by the speed and high responsivity of this ROM. I would love to ask @kasper_h one bit selfwish question:

Would it be possible to add the dark mode toggle feature to this ROM? Something like OMNI Mackay 4.4.2 or Slim ROMs? I love that feature.....

Of course, if it means huge work or diminishing the speed, just forget the question :)

joedom1

Dec 30, 2013
Madrid
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
I am highly impressed by the speed and high responsivity of this ROM. I would love to ask @kasper_h one bit selfwish question:

Would it be possible to add the dark mode toggle feature to this ROM? Something like OMNI Mackay 4.4.2 or Slim ROMs? I love that feature.....

Of course, if it means huge work or diminishing the speed, just forget the question :)

You could try this in the meantime
http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/themes-apps/theme-black-blue-infinitum-theme-t2006911

Theres a free test version in Play Store, which is enough for me. Very nice. Havent tried it on this ROM but I think it qualifies.

tetakpatak

Jan 6, 2013
Lucerne
Thanks, guys. Exactly, I've tried and didn't work with 4.0.4.
Yet, it is a good idea to check the Play Store now..... :)

afaneh92

Account currently disabled
Jul 31, 2012
There are no options for porting the dark toggle on this ROM, would require an incredible amount of work.

Verstuurd van mijn Nexus 5
Thanks for your hard work, can you implement "volume button wake" and duoble-tap to sleep" and power key as toggle.
Thanks in advance.

omreJ

Dec 18, 2013
1.4 is fast.really fast..
Q: how to disable low memory warning?
Feature request: button rebinding, 10 ms backlight timeout ( lower, the better).
thanks kasper..!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Reactions: test123456789012

kasper_h

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 8, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
Thanks for your hard work, can you implement "volume button wake" and duoble-tap to sleep" and power key as toggle.
Thanks in advance.
Volume button wake, I will look into.
Double-tap-to-sleep is not interesting, I don't like it, and it is not easy to port (as far as I know in ICS time this feature didn't exist and porting it from kitkat would take a lot of time, which I simply do not have).
What do you mean with power key as toggle?

1.4 is fast.really fast..
Q: how to disable low memory warning?
Feature request: button rebinding, 10 ms backlight timeout ( lower, the better).
thanks kasper..!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
Low memory is related to partition layout, see OP/post #2 for solution.
10ms backlight timeout, you mean for the menu/back-key?

Reactions: afaneh92

Top Liked Posts