[4.0][ICS][ROM]Mackay CM9 2014 1.7 (25-mar-14)

Search This thread

Gonzas10

Nov 1, 2011
Porto
Tried to install this today and couldnt, says i cant install the zip file... Was changing from 4.4.2 with full wipe/factory reset. Anyone knows why? Thanks

Pitreq

Apr 20, 2013
@up: You can try the safe way and go back to the 2.3.6 stock XWJVZ e.g., then root it with Semaphore or CF-Root GB Kernel and install directly from CWM. Going back from KK to ICS is very problematic. From GB - no problems at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: kasper_h

astrosp4c3

May 28, 2012
Moon
I have noticed that doing this procedure from KK to ICS didn't give me any problem:

1) Downgrade to JB4.3 (Installing first the kernel)
2) Downgrade to any JB 4.1.2
3) Flashing ICS kernel (any of them is good) and then this rom.

I tried twice without problems.

milanf

May 30, 2009
I would like to perform a "super-clean" flash of this rom which I want to keep for good. As I havent flashed for years, is there any step-by-step list (incl. all needed files) how to flash this rom?

kasper_h

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 8, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
I would like to perform a "super-clean" flash of this rom which I want to keep for good. As I havent flashed for years, is there any step-by-step list (incl. all needed files) how to flash this rom?

What I would do:
-Make backup of essential sdcard-files
-Wipe /sdcard
-Flash stock JVU with Odin (files needed can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2434225 -> section Upgrading (from Eclair or Froyo) or downgrading (from ICS, JBean or KK) to Gingerbread (Stock ROM))
-Flash a kernel that contains CWM (e.g. CF-Root-XX_OXA_JVU_2.3.6-v4.3-CWM3RFS, also mentioned in post above)
-Flash Mackay CM9
-Flash ICS-gapps
-Done

The reason to wipe sdcard is that quite a few apps store data there as well. Do wiping sdcard will clean to the max :)

milanf

May 30, 2009
Kasper, thanks! the Rom works perfectly!

Just two questions, is it possible to change the boot animation to a stock one? (or any other "samsung neutral"?)

Also, is it possible to replace TeamWin Recovery Project by the classic CWM?

Cheers

Last edited:

limnaln

Jun 28, 2013
Plovdiv

Just two questions, is it possible to change the boot animation to a stock one? (or any other "samsung neutral"?)

Cheers
If you want a new bootanimation just search for it and look for hdpi one. When you've downloaded it make sure it is named bootanimation.zip and use any root explorer to replace the mackay one in /system/media.
If you want CWM just flash another kernel for 4.0.4, they all have CWM except Mackay's recovery which you're running now.
Cheers

Last edited:

tetakpatak

Jan 6, 2013
Lucerne

Cheers
First animation (orange android) is kernel animation. Recovery is also part of the kernel partition on i9000. So if you prefer CWM (I honestly don't get it why) you can flash any other ICS kernel with CWM recovery, just like @limnaln already wrote you. That way you will get rid of TWRP- and also of the kernel animation. BTW, no other ICS kernel is as fast as stock kernel of this ROM. Among other custom kernels the fastest one is Semaphore 1.3.0 and it has about 90% slower performance. It has Semaphore CWM recovery.

The actual boot animation (orange flame and Mackay Rom letters) can easily be replaced from /system/media folder. The new animation must be in compatible format and must have same permissions, otherwise the screen will be black, or the phone won't boot at all.

tetakpatalked from P5110

Last edited:

ntragas

Feb 14, 2011
I just installed the rom from clean gb with all wipes etc.I cant find neither gallery or kernel settings(mackay settings?!?) .I ve tried restarting the phone but i still cant find these apps.

RuffBuster

Feb 3, 2012
I just installed the rom from clean gb with all wipes etc.I cant find neither gallery or kernel settings(mackay settings?!?) .I ve tried restarting the phone but i still cant find these apps.

I did an install from cm9 stable and installed rom twice over. Booting into rom first letting it settle for 5 min then back to recovery to install gapps. I use a different small gapps package only 8mb.. After a lot of playing with kit kat I've come to this rom. My gallery was installed and advanced settings and performance settings both exist. It runs very well indeed even with lots of apps and battery is great. I'm almost tempted not to flash anything else. Many thanks for this great addition to the Galaxy S!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

milanf

May 30, 2009
after one day testing, I have found the following "problems":

- bluetooth pairing and tethering with my PC does not work
- stock contacts application FC after clicking on a contact

Has anyone else has these problems as well?

RuffBuster

Feb 3, 2012
after one day testing, I have found the following "problems":

- bluetooth pairing and tethering with my PC does not work
- stock contacts application FC after clicking on a contact

Has anyone else has these problems as well?

Not tried to my PC but it pairs fine with Bluetooth headphones.

Do you mean people app? Not suffering fc here.

ntragas

Feb 14, 2011
Can i use xposed framework with this rom?I tried to install the framework and i got sagment errors

RuffBuster

Feb 3, 2012
Can i use xposed framework with this rom?I tried to install the framework and i got sagment errors

Yes you can, but you need to install the "static busybox" supplied by the xposed dev. Try tapping the red warning text I think, should take you to the relevant page.

---

Here is the link if you can't find it http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52292102&postcount=7&nocache=1&z=5989242936484516

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts