• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[4.1.1] Android L919™ v2.0 ZEXAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

hurvee12

Feb 1, 2013
Marilao
use ES File Explorer or other Root Explorer and make sure you're root permitted ;) go to tools then check Root then open build.prop

thanks! btw can i install gravitybox ? have you tested it yet?

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

changing DPI doesn't work i think. im still on boot animation for about 4 minutes. sad :rolleyes:

hurvee12

Feb 1, 2013
Marilao
crt animation animation http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2619051 never tried it but I think it will work fine (Y) feedback then hehe

cant find this

*Assuming that you know how to decompile apks*
1)pull framework-res.apk from your phone which can be found in /system/framework
2)decompile it
3)navigate to res/values
4)open bools.xml
5)look for "<bool name="config_animateScreenLights">true</bool>"
6)change true to false
7)recompile and push or flash
8)download crt-off.zip from the attachments
9)flash it
10)enjoy!!

res/values cant find it. can you help me ?

qwertyasdfgz

Oct 25, 2014
Hello! First of all, thank you for this amazing ROM.

I am just encountering some problems and I sure hope you'd be able to guide me.

I've done everything, and everything went smoothly. I installed the Zeus one.

However, now that I've restored all my data using Titanium Backup, whenever I do a restart after restoring it, it remains on boot. I think this is the bootloop I've read about.

I re-flashed this twice and the same thing happened when I was finally able to restore data. Anything I need to know? I really like this ROM and I was able to experience even just for a bit how fast it is compared with my last one. I do hope you could help me.

Again, thanks a bunch :)

revanth22

May 31, 2012
Land of SuperKings
Everything is fine awesome looks and performance .Thanks for that .
Bugs :
Sim cards are not detecting.
Dpi Resolution.

Bro both the Sims are working fine for me and 3g also, try flashing again and follow steps

ill try it now. btw changing DPI made me stuck on boot animation. i think it is not possible to change DPI

bro i have changed the DPI as it was looking ugly and it is working perfectly for me. i tried 196dpi and 210. 210 is better.
try changing it manually by editing "root/system/build.prop" file with root explorer and don't use any apps.
change the line "ro.sf.lcd_density=240" to "ro.sf.lcd_density=210"
Screenshot_2014-10-25-21-42-21.png

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Hello! First of all, thank you for this amazing ROM.

I am just encountering some problems and I sure hope you'd be able to guide me.

I've done everything, and everything went smoothly. I installed the Zeus one.

However, now that I've restored all my data using Titanium Backup, whenever I do a restart after restoring it, it remains on boot. I think this is the bootloop I've read about.

I re-flashed this twice and the same thing happened when I was finally able to restore data. Anything I need to know? I really like this ROM and I was able to experience even just for a bit how fast it is compared with my last one. I do hope you could help me.

Again, thanks a bunch :)

now just go to recovery and clear data/factory reset
reboot the phone once everything is working fine for u restore using titanium backup but don't restore system apps they are the reason for the bootloop

qwertyasdfgz

Oct 25, 2014
now just go to recovery and clear data/factory reset
reboot the phone once everything is working fine for u restore using titanium backup but don't restore system apps they are the reason for the bootloop

I don't remember including any system apps when I restored it. However, I will be more careful and try again now. Thank you so much for answering. Will give an update once I get this to work.

revanth22

May 31, 2012
Land of SuperKings
I don't remember including any system apps when I restored it. However, I will be more careful and try again now. Thank you so much for answering. Will give an update once I get this to work.

u r wlcm bro:) and yea be carefull while restoring n be very selective and restore only apps most required for u.

remember,
when u have proper working rom take a full Nandroid backup so that if something goes wrong u can alwys restore it back
then u can play with your rom.. enjoy

Reactions: qwertyasdfgz

mtisohan

Oct 26, 2014
Thanks a lot for this awesome rom
I port pandora edition for my symphony w35(mt6575)
There is no bug found in this rom.
This is the best rom for my device.
To give you a thanks i registered xda recently.
Thanks again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAMER
    Your warranty is now void. I am not responsible if you bricked your devices, damaged your SD cards, a thermonuclear war, or you're fired at work, failed at school because the alarm application failed. Please do some initial research if you have questions and queries, and if you have any other concerns please ask before flashing or doing anything! YOU are choosing to make these modifications.

**FOR ALL DEV PLEASE READ, ANY PORTING OR PLAN TO USE THIS ROM AS BASED ROM SHOULD FOLLOW PROPER PROCEDURE: ASK PERMISSION(ANY MEANS), WITH PROPER CREDITS, A LINK TO THIS THREAD, AND A PM OF YOUR ROM THREAD TO ME. ANY WAY VIOLATING THESE SIMPLE RULES WILL BE REPORTED WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICES**

header2_1.jpg

PLEASE READ "FLASHING INSTRUCTION SECTION" IT CONTAINS LOT OF INFORMATION NEEDED FOR YOUR OWN SAKE

HALL OF FEEDBACKS:

Above Review is testing the rom for week

Awsomness....No words to describe ,:)
    Starting with Beautiful Animation,;)
    UI is Mind blowing with respect to 4.1.x,:good:
    Very beautifully themed,:angel:
    Coming to perfomance "SUPERB':fingers-crossed:
    Still Im not Hardcore Gamer;
    There is no lag ..working flawlessly...yeah!! "Butter Smooth".!!
    Coming to Battery Backup,Its Very good;)
    One n half day...:angel:,best
    With Wifi on half of time,some music ;little surfing;
    :laugh:& Rest ; chit chat on Whats App n ALL bla bla...!!!
    Still It Depends ON USER how You USE the ROM...:rolleyes:
    This iS permanent ROM for me..MIND BLOWING UI!!
    Thankyou for your hard work hats off!!for ur work.. KEEP GOING:fingers-crossed:

One ISSUE :eek:
    Can some one help me for Devnagri font(Marathi )
    I tried all the methods ..still facing same issue..ANY DEV CAN HELP PLEASE help:rolleyes:.
    BECAUSE lots of User's Are facing Same Issue ..!!

WAITING ...FOR help

Hello there! Just something I want to share:

I've been using Zeus for quite some time since the release and I noticed frequent lags and freezes but decided to wait for v2 of this ROM instead of complaining here. Now the v2 is up and while I was waiting for it to finish downloading, I tried flashing one of the new tweaks and it made my phone run smoother so I guess you could just flash the tweak you want without changing Zeus. :)

I am currently using Zexar and I haven't encountered any problems whatsoever as of this moment. I'm using the multi-task version since I don't really play HD games. I love it! I also like that the default messaging app is Textra, as I've stated in my previous post, this is my most favorite messaging app! I uninstallef Facebook though since I'm satisfied with using UC Mini Browser and opening Facebook there. The issue of the other characters not showing up is now fixed, thank you. I also like the keyboard better.

3G is also here yay for that! I can now use Psiphon.

Also the Greenify donate is awesome. Pre-installing it in this ROM is a smart move. May I just ask if you have a list of safe to Greenify system apps? I'm pretty paranoid when it comes to it but I still Greenify some.

All in all I am more than satisfied with this ROM. Thank you so much for this. Thank you for your hard worl and for listening and continuing to listen to us fellow users and for helping as well. I will test this for a week and I will totally recommend this to my friends. Thank you thank you!

after trying several roms for my A919 duo. this is by far the easiest. the fastest, snappiest UI experience I had....
    kudos man! ang galing mong PINOY!

thank you for this ROM. and if ever this ROM has some bugs, I know its just minor, it will never compromise the beauty of the entire project.
    simply amazing!

Hello dev,

Thank you for this wonderful ROM. Running smooth and working fine. Its a beauty..:)

Brother,
    Its amazing stuff, superb rom.
    Great Work.

Hello,

First, I would like to say thank you very much for this awesome ROM. Appreciate your hardwork for us. Using this v2 rom from last night. Looks smooth and really AWESOME UI. Everything is working fine..

I am using the Multi Task version and flash the ram tweaks for gaming. And now I am experiencing the Good UI Look of the rom and it's smoothness in gaming. Already tried playing GTA San Andreas, Cytus, Deemo, Asphalt 7 and NBA 2K14, all of them run smoothly :D

This is by far the best Rom I've got for my phone. The UI is ultimate! Thank you very much for this. :)

Its good to see a beautiful ROM like this for canvas2. Didn't flashed any ROM from last 5 months cuz not satisfied but this one has mouth watering UI I'll flash this soon thanks for our hardwork +8 thanks max I can :beer:

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Using this Rom from last 2days ...

Suppppper ..fast &smooth ROM..better then stock ...
    Thanks for 4.1.1 ...
    4.2 roms are not so good (starts lag in few days thats the only problem with 4.2) but thanks to all dev for their hard work ..
    In this ROM ,I too like other user faced hindi and other regional font issue , I just deleted all font file and replace them with font file from other rom that has no font issue
    Google voice search is not working .. But i never use it .. :p
    Only issue im facing is this
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2905942
    Can any body solve this plz dev

Sent from my MMX A110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

SCREENSHOTS
    Screenshot_2014_11_03_04_01_51.png
    Screenshot_2014_11_03_04_02_10.png
    Screenshot_2014_11_03_04_02_25.png
    Screenshot_2014_11_03_04_03_00.png
    Screenshot_2014_11_03_04_03_16.png
    Screenshot_2014_11_03_04_03_46.png
    Screenshot_2014_11_03_04_04_06.png
    Screenshot_2014_11_03_04_04_16.png
    Screenshot_2014_11_03_04_04_27.png
    Screenshot_2014_11_03_04_04_42.png
    Screenshot_2014_11_03_04_04_55.png
    Screenshot_2014_11_03_04_05_03.png
    Screenshot_2014_11_03_04_05_15.png
    Screenshot_2014_11_03_04_05_22.png
    Screenshot_2014_11_03_04_05_30.png
    Screenshot_2014_11_03_04_05_40.png
    Screenshot_2014_11_03_04_06_04.png
    Screenshot_2014_11_03_04_06_19.png
    Screenshot_2014_11_03_04_13_28.png
    Screenshot_2014_11_03_04_13_40.png
    Screenshot_2014_11_03_04_13_57.png
    Screenshot_2014_11_03_04_14_22.png
    Screenshot_2014_11_03_04_14_58.png
    Screenshot_2014_11_03_04_15_30.png
    Screenshot_2014_11_03_04_16_02.png
    Screenshot_2014_11_03_04_16_14.png
    Screenshot_2014_11_03_04_16_22.png
    Screenshot_2014_11_03_04_16_32.png
    Screenshot_2014_11_03_04_17_12.png
    Screenshot_2014_11_03_04_17_46.png

DONT FORGET TO PRESS THANKS :good:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [4.1.1] Android L919™ v2.0 ZEXAR, ROM for the Micromax A110

Contributors
    ponnex
    flarestar123
    andreilorenzo
    cerberus2596
    ROM OS Version: 4.1.x Jelly Bean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-10-24
    Last Updated 2014-11-02
    Untitled_1.png
    **NOTE: Please follow every step ;) NOTE THIS IS BASED ON STOCK JELLYBEAN FOR MY|PHONE A919 DUO, you may or may not need to flash your stock kernel or any custom kernel you like**

AndroidL919™v2 ZEXAR
    **MUST READ: ANDROID SYSTEM DOESN'T WORK LIKE WINDOWS! Android has its own built-in ram manager. The size of your free memory doesn't result to better performance, stability, and smoothness. It's normal to have apps to run in background to enable quick relaunch, Android OS applications remain in the memory, even when they are closed. When there is not enough memory for newer apps to run, the low memory killer (LMK) clears the memory automatically using the latest recently used (LRU) list. It prioritize your apps according to system needs and users priority on which apps to clear automatically. If you clear the memory manually, application may take longer to launch resulting to more CPU load and battery usage. Thus, the use of Task Managers is not advisable. The inclusion of Task Managers (Task Manager and Xtreme Booster) is sought to be important as our device has low RAM MEMORY therefore these Task Manager are there to be used when RAM-HUNGRY-APPS causes low-memory error.**

FOR CWM USERS
    1)Download the ROM zip of your choice either (AndroidL919™v2_ZEXAR[GAMING].zip or AndroidL919™v2_ZEXAR[MULTI-TASK].zip) and the patch file(AndroidL919™v2_ZEXAR_PATCH.zip) from the download section
    2)Put both zip files in your MicroSDCard Storage
    3)Power off your device and boot to recovery by holding volume up, volume down, and power button at the same time, follow through where it will boot you to recovery mode
    4)Select "wipe data/factory reset" and press power button to enter
    5)Select "wipe cache partition "and press power button to enter
    6)Go to "advanced" and select "wipe dalvik cache" and press power button to enter
    7)Go to "mounts and storage"
    8)Select "format /cache" and enter press power button to enter
    9)Select "format /data" and enter press power button to enter
    10)Select "format /system" and enter press power button to enter
    11)Select "install zip from sdcard" press power button to enter
    12)Select "choose zip from sdcard" press power button to enter
    13)Select the ROM file(AndroidL919™v2_ZEXAR[GAMING].zip or AndroidL919™v2_ZEXAR[MULTI-TASK].zip) zip and press power button to enter
    -Wait for 3-5 minutes it will automatically reboot your device and power it up.
    **NOTE: First boot will usually take 3-5 minutes**
    14)When your device successfully power up, power it off and repeat step number 3 only
    15) Repeat step number 11-12
    16) Select the PATCH file (AndroidL919™v2_ZEXAR_PATCH.zip) and press power button to enter
    17) Go back and reboot and you're done! :good:

KNOWN MINOR BUGS:
    **On first boot if you go to settings>apps>running>it will force close, Just log in your google account or reboot it will solve the problem**
    **There might be an "Error retrieving information.." error on your first download on Play Store, just ignore it and redownload, and the error will be gone**
    **When using the new messager which is an app from Play Store, you have to set your default SIM for sending messages in Settings>Sim Management**
    **That's all and please tell me if you find more :)**

EXTRA SOUND MOD:
    1)Go to Settings>ViPER4Android
    2)Click Menu(Hardware Button)
    3)Select "Load Effect Profile"
    4) Select "AndroidL919 Perfect Balance (Extreme Bass + Superb Clarity)"
    5)Enjoy!
    **TIP: You could also mod your own profile by clicking Menu(Hardware Button)>UI Settings>Expert and Please use IRS(Impulse Response) as there are new and many Premuim IRS added,can be found by scrolling down;)**
    DOWNLOAD SECTION
    MOD EDIT: Links removed. See this post for details.

************OPTIONAL************
    AndroidL919™v2_ZEXAR_OTHER MMS from V1(WORKING SIM SELECT)
    Screenshot_2014_10_14_17_47_46.png

AndroidL919™v2_ZEXAR_OTHER MMS TRANSPARENT by Carlo Dela Cruz Teves
    10609268_889641481060605_1972414566_n.jpg

AndroidL919_v2_ZEXAR_OTHER STOCK CAMERA AND GALLERY by Carlo Dela Cruz Teves
    10389003_890695727621847_3162623248693744927_n.jpg

AndroidL919™v2_ZEXAR_NewGoogleLauncher.zip
    Screenshot_2014_10_20_09_48_36.png
    Screenshot_2014_10_20_09_48_21.png

RAM TWEAKS
    Flash directly through CWM (NO WIPES/CLEAR)
    AndroidL919™v2 RAM TWEAKS[MULTI-TASKING] <ALREADY INCLUDED in AndroidL919™v2_ZEXAR [MULTI-TASK]>
    -for users having a lot of apps running at the same time.

AndroidL919™v2 RAM TWEAKS[GAMING] <ALREADY INCLUDED in AndroidL919™v2_ZEXAR[GAMING]>
    -perfect RAM tweaks for users playing 3D/HD games.

AndroidL919™v2 RAM TWEAKS[BALANCED]
    -A combination and balance performance between the two other RAM TWEAKS
    or
    AndroidL919™v2 RAM TWEAKS[BALANCED] credit for uploading to Sir Carlo Dela Cruz Teves

FAQ (Frequently Ask Questions) SECTION
    1) Hindi fonts not working, do you have patch to make/support hindi language fonts?
    please visit http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=56511125&postcount=218, HemZone has a solution for that thanks to him :good:

and this *LATEST FIX*
    HINDI FIX by JAY

2)Why does my proximity is not working?
    As I stated above in the instructon section, you may or may not need to flash your stock kernel for proximity to work although we have cloned devices we have different configurations and drivers

3)Message not working on lockscreen? why? :(
    As I stated in the KNOWN BUGS, the message is not the default message, its an app from playstore so it has a different package name so the lockscreen cant find the stock message which has a package name of com.android.mms, although flashing stock message from the download section will solve this problem but redirect you only to the stock messaging not the included messaging app
    CREDITS SECTION

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THESE FOLLOWING DEVELOPERS AND COMMUNITY THIS ROM WOULDN'T BE POSSIBLE SO GIVE TIME TO VISIT THREADS AND PRESS THANKS IT MIGHT INTEREST YOU

Carlman Villareal - without his tweaks Android L919™ Zeus Edition wouldn't be possible, 3D performance wont go above 2300+ on quadrant
    [IRS/Sound Mod] Vinardo's Impulse Response Samples + ASDPE (Optimal Version) ---THANKS TO Vinardo_ZzZ 2000
    [Audio Mod] eXtremeBeats™ Any Device ---THANKS TO Applicare Studios
    Ported Contacts and Phone.apk thanks to Vipuldj of XDA from Xperian Iris Series
    thanks to sir yog12 for his vivid patch
    flarestar123
    andreilorenzo
    cerberus2596
    ViPER4Android
    for editing settings.apk (having trouble with the signing of settings.apk)
    Complete boot animation
    Vipuldj of XDA for AM/PM and pradeepmaddy for the link
    MY|PHONE A919 DUO FACEBOOK PAGE COMMUNITY :good:
    Chris Ian Julian Pascual
    James Elisterio
    Venjoe SJ
    Carlo Dela Cruz Teves
    And to all other people that I forgot to mention (P.S. Message me if I do forget to mention you here in credit, I would love to fill this page with credits hehe)
    Android L919™ v2 is almost done! :good: it fixes lots of bugs and some addons

What's in with AndroidL919™ v2? It solves all the problem user experience including:
    -Emoji not working
    -Keyboard FC on landscape mode
    -3g not on settings
    -downloads notifications
    -NO LAGS ON FB
    -Sending problem on messaging
    -Cant download on Playstore
    -No wifi/internet
    -white statusbar problem
    -added boot logo for each version (pandora/zeus)
    -might not need to flash thunderzap+500mb to solve lag problems

Added/Change:
    -added new version of FB
    -Google Fit
    -Google Keep
    -Removed autostarts as it causes mostly all problems
    -Removed all init.d scripts but init.d folders is still there(best if you want to add your own scripts/taste of scripts from XDA)
    -Removed scripts from build.prop that causes net problems and laggyness
    -New keyboard (material design theme automatically on first boot no need to change in settings)
    -Added new IRS from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2442933
    -change app drawer to transparent
    -Added Greenify material design donation patched
    -3g in settings is already fixed

This changelog might change depending on the final output of AndroidL919™ v2