4.1.1 Jelly Bean OTA rolling out NOW for GSM devices!

Search This thread

bilalakhtar

Oct 30, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
It's official. The GSM Galaxy Nexus Jelly Bean FINAL OTA has officially started rolling out. Final release, folks! We ain't talkin' previews here.

Build version number seems to be JRO03C, rollouts for takju and yakju on maguro devices have been confirmed, no other concrete info yet on any other builds/versions.

Changes? Seems to be pretty much the same as JRN84D, probably with stability fixes, etc. But when comparing with ICS, there are many new features obviously.

OTA update links:
takju 4.1 JRN84D to final 4.1.1 (JRO03C) : Download official ZIP (thanks CocoCopernicus and mbirth!)
takju 4.0.4 IMM76I to final 4.1.1 (JRO03C) : Download official ZIP (thanks a lot lostinbeta!)
Yakju 4.0.4 IMM76I to 4.1.1 final JRO03C: Download official ZIP (Thanks a lot jellymelly)

Instructions on how to flash the update links, are on Efrant's thread here. Note that you need to be on 100% stock to be able to flash the zips. That means, your radio, bootloader, kernel, boot, system, etc should be completely stock. Rooting is fine though, the update should flash fine on rooted devices but you might have to restore root later on.

Update: Search functionality is NOT being removed with this update, as per this quote from The Verge's post:
Update: A Google spokesperson has informed us that the company has not pushed out any changes to search functionality in connection with the Jelly Bean update.

Sources: Official Post on Google+, The Verge, Android Central

Last edited:

X-Ter

Oct 28, 2009
What was that trick you could use to update to 4.0.4? It had something to do with clearing data somewhere. Will that still work?

aldo37

Jan 7, 2010
What was that trick you could use to update to 4.0.4? It had something to do with clearing data somewhere. Will that still work?

It was clearing the data for the Google Services Framework app.

I just did it and did not get the update when I hit Check Now. I guess there is a line or something.

Stephen289

May 9, 2010
Is this the 8.5mb OTA from Jellybean? 4.1.1?

I can't flash yet because I'm still on CWM

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-07-11-11-25-17.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-07-11-11-25-17.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 4,620

badersama

Oct 6, 2010
coz then ill have to wipe, Going from cooked 4.0.4 to stock without a wipe works for me sometimes xD, then ill take it from there to 4.1.1, or atleast that's my plan.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone