[4.2.2]Domination Build 1 June 18 , 13- Taking CyanogneMod to the next level

Search This thread

xboxfanj

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2011
St. Louis
Not sure if people have already pointed it out or not, but may want to fix the title: "Taking CyanogneMod to the next level"

Other than that, the ROM looks pretty nice.

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
Not sure if people have already pointed it out or not, but may want to fix the title: "Taking CyanogneMod to the next level"

Other than that, the ROM looks pretty nice.

Mine 2 pages forward:
@unjust, CM Team will be angry with you if you keep spelling "CyanogenMod" wrong in the OP title :D

Sent from HTC Incredible S @ CM10.1

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ PACman 23

know.patience

May 27, 2010
i've notice my phone soft-booting while using this ROM, anyone else having similar issue? there's no rhyme or reason to it that i can tell other that it happens when waking the phone from sleep.

kstephens98

Apr 29, 2009
Yeah, mine reboots every so often too. Used various kernels and it happens on all of them. Not a big deal for me, just kinda annoying.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Night AoX

Apr 28, 2012
One thing I noticed is that when you pull down the notification drawer, the line at the bottom let me slide the notification drawer close on CM, AOKP... In this ROM when I try to slide up the notification drawer using that bar, it doesn't allow me to. Instead, there's this fanned pop-up menu that has an on-screen Back button, Home button, Menu button & Search button. That is most annoying lol. Is there a way to disable this? I think it does that no matter where you are while using the phone. I really don't like this feature and haven't yet found out how to disable it. Any help is truly appreciated.

ProperNoun

Jan 29, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
One thing I noticed is that when you pull down the notification drawer, the line at the bottom let me slide the notification drawer close on CM, AOKP... In this ROM when I try to slide up the notification drawer using that bar, it doesn't allow me to. Instead, there's this fanned pop-up menu that has an on-screen Back button, Home button, Menu button & Search button. That is most annoying lol. Is there a way to disable this? I think it does that no matter where you are while using the phone. I really don't like this feature and haven't yet found out how to disable it. Any help is truly appreciated.

That's PIE from PA. You can disable it somewhere in the settings.

Night AoX

Apr 28, 2012
That's PIE from PA. You can disable it somewhere in the settings.

Yeah I can't find it ;(

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

This thing is really chomping away at battery. This is after I uninstalled bloatware & before I even installed any personal apps, kik, Skype, etc...Barely used the thing & it flew down to 85%. Can't wait for further development. I request the removal of PIE altogether. It's absolutely useless on a fully functional on hardware alone phone. With all 4 necessary capacitive keys in arsenal, things such as PIE really is just a waste of screen real estate, system processing power & development room period. I know you guys can bring something better. Not to sound like one of those people but, I really think it should be considered for the chopping block.

Reactions: Bill720

Bill720

Mar 13, 2013
AT&T HTC One
Moto X Pure
Q&A

Quick question - has anyone else had any trouble with playing videos after installing this rom? I can't use any player or the YouTube application (it opens and works, but the videos themselves just don't play) or even the YouTube.com Mobile HTML5 player. The only way to play any video is if it is on a website and using the flash player - everything else fails, including trying to record videos through the onboard camera.

Any ideas?:confused:

Yeah I can't find it ;(

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

This thing is really chomping away at battery. This is after I uninstalled bloatware & before I even installed any personal apps, kik, Skype, etc...Barely used the thing & it flew down to 85%. Can't wait for further development. I request the removal of PIE altogether. It's absolutely useless on a fully functional on hardware alone phone. With all 4 necessary capacitive keys in arsenal, things such as PIE really is just a waste of screen real estate, system processing power & development room period. I know you guys can bring something better. Not to sound like one of those people but, I really think it should be considered for the chopping block.

Oh you aren't the only one - it's crap like that and that stupid blue blob features on these roms that really piss me off. :mad: They can be disabled, but you're right, they really shouldn't be there in the first place. Here's where to go to turn it off: :fingers-crossed:
Settings, Domination, Domination, User Interface, [Scroll over on the tabs bar] "PIE" tab, PIE CONTROLS, Trigger Area, None.
And while you're in the "User Interface" screen, you can disable that blue blob thing by moving one tab over to the "HALO" tab and unchecking the "Enable HALO" box under "HALO". :cool:

Good luck.

::

Night AoX

Apr 28, 2012
Skype force closes & well that will an issue real quick if you catch my drift ;) ;) Excited for development :)

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

Quick question - has anyone else had any trouble with playing videos after installing this rom? I can't use any player or the YouTube application (it opens and works, but the videos themselves just don't play) or even the YouTube.com Mobile HTML5 player. The only way to play any video is if it is on a website and using the flash player - everything else fails, including trying to record videos through the onboard camera.

Oh you aren't the only one - it's crap like that and that stupid blue blob features on these roms that really piss me off. :mad: They can be disabled, but you're right, they really shouldn't be there in the first place. Here's where to go to turn it off: :fingers-crossed:
Settings, Domination, Domination, User Interface, [Scroll over on the tabs bar] "PIE" tab, PIE CONTROLS, Trigger Area, None.
And while you're in the "User Interface" screen, you can disable that blue blob thing by moving one tab over to the "HALO" tab and unchecking the "Enable HALO" box under "HALO". :cool:

Good luck.

Hey thanks for the speedy reply man. Skype force closes whenever I try a video call so, in all honesty I cannot continue to use this ROM as I am a frequent mobile Skype user. I will however back it up in case there is a native solution. Gmail also hasn't been notifying me that I have new e-mail. Those e-mails were from xda notifying me that people have been helping me :D Well I'm not a pessimist. Just a little agitated. Gotta run a CM ROM for now. I'll toy around with Domination in my free time.

jeffreyjicha

Jun 21, 2010
Reno

Try the "big mem patch" on didhiy's goo.im account

Bill720

Mar 13, 2013
AT&T HTC One
Moto X Pure
Q&A

Skype force closes & well that will an issue real quick if you catch my drift ;) ;) Excited for development :)

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

Hey thanks for the speedy reply man. Skype force closes whenever I try a video call so, in all honesty I cannot continue to use this ROM as I am a frequent mobile Skype user. I will however back it up in case there is a native solution. Gmail also hasn't been notifying me that I have new e-mail. Those e-mails were from xda notifying me that people have been helping me :D Well I'm not a pessimist. Just a little agitated. Gotta run a CM ROM for now. I'll toy around with Domination in my free time.

I know what you mean - when you need a working rom, you need a working rom. Sometimes it takes a little bit to get the kinks worked out

Try the "big mem patch" on didhiy's goo.im account

Got your reply in the other thread too and I'm pleased to report that this actually worked. I've flashed that with the last couple roms I've installed and it slipped my mind this time. Good call.

Night AoX

Apr 28, 2012
I know what you mean - when you need a working rom, you need a working rom. Sometimes it takes a little bit to get the kinks worked out

Got your reply in the other thread too and I'm pleased to report that this actually worked. I've flashed that with the last couple roms I've installed and it slipped my mind this time. Good call.

Yeah I wish they'd all collab & make more stale ROMs with a ton of features. Haha. That would start a full on service they'd have to charge for. With that I'd say

wpid-z-shut-up-and-take-my-money-funny-meme.jpg

Sorry for the huge pic but, the Goku page I've been following on FB has my sides hurting. Back to the ROM, I noticed that the most recent Skype update, Skype version 4.0.0.17847 was also a little stubborn in CyanogenMod 10.0.0 as well but, I was able to make my video calls. I was not able to do so in Domination.

Night AoX

Apr 28, 2012
Buggy/slow. I am interested to see where this leads however. I really love the concept.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Buggy/slow. I am interested to see where this leads however. I really love the concept.

Actually I think I changed some advanced settings & that's why I've been getting buggy responses. I went into recovery & cleared cache, dalvik cache & wiped data/system restore & it's a lot more responsive now. Gonna test some more apps to check out behavior.

TracerBullitt

Oct 13, 2011
San Diego

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Actually I think I changed some advanced settings & that's why I've been getting buggy responses. I went into recovery & cleared cache, dalvik cache & wiped data/system restore & it's a lot more responsive now. Gonna test some more apps to check out behavior.

Yeah, I'm not sure what I did, but I'm maxing 47ish out of 601 MB, right now. Before I was able to reset system and it'd go back up to 120ish MB, but I'm stuck at the same number and reaaally buggy.

Night AoX

Apr 28, 2012
Yeah, I'm not sure what I did, but I'm maxing 47ish out of 601 MB, right now. Before I was able to reset system and it'd go back up to 120ish MB, but I'm stuck at the same number and reaaally buggy.

What I actually did was just do a full wipe of everything & re-flash because I did have issues after that method. It was responsive for a little while but, I guess not doing a full wipe left some remnants behind & that eventually caught up with the system & bogged it down. Sadly, I had to uninstall both Domination & SlimBean. I'm getting low audio with both. This really sucks because I love the UI & concept of both especially the advanced YouTube settings that allows continuing of video audio even while the screen is off for those songs that pop into my head that aren't on my SD card :D The best sound I've ever heard overall is in fact from stock TouchWiz. I haven't compared it to the DeodexedFC09 yet but, I'm sure it's the same architecture. I gotta try that out today. The best sound I've heard from any custom ROM including CyanogenMod, PacMan (a while ago), SlimBean, Domination & SuperNexus was in fact CyanogenMod ROMs. I can't say it topped TouchWiz but, it does deliver better audio than the others I've tried. As an audiophile & Audio Production major, I understand the difference between volume & quality. The thing is volume is the first important thing. As you get about 75% of the way to headroom, quality takes over. Quality matters all the way around but, you still would like to crank the tunes on a consumer level. I wonder why the custom ROMs have never at least matched TouchWiz's impeccable use of headroom. Open-source code vs. commercial/corporate grade code maybe? I mean I know there's a law that prevents Linux from creating actual Intel drivers without Intel getting paid or allowing them to do it. Is there also a law that limits coding for our hardware in that same fashion? That's one thing that's always ate me. EyeCandy vs. EarCandy. I do keep backups of Domination & SlimBean just to have both but, I use CyanogenMod as my default for music. I believe it's both Domination & SlimBean that have the advanced YouTube settings. I gotta check. But, when I want to YouTube, that screen off feature really comes in handy. Then the customization is just fun to tinker with. I personally never get into the advanced hardware stuff as I'm not a heavy user. Mostly just the usual phone stuff. The dark mod is my taste however. Black & Red everything lol. I think I pissed off the builder of SlimBean lol which makes me sad because I really love SlimBean. I'm just curious as to the sound leveling.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Test] [Rom] [4.2.2] Domination 05.24.13

Original OP
    Running new build hopefully fixed bootanimation issue also changed the charging images still working on it figuring out the initial image since it doesnt match the new ones have no Idea if this works no longer depends on system/media images similar to the fascinate.
    i8kkbYH.jpg

about.png

Why is this ROM "taking CyanogenMod to the next level?

CyanogenMod does not want to include many customizations like they did in cm7
    But why not? We want to customize our phones!
    This ROM adds more options and cherries to CyanogenMod, cherry picked from the CM gerrit, Google gerrit, AOKP gerrit, SGT7, TeamEOS, TeamBAKED, Slim ROM, Root-Box, ChameleonOS, and ParanoidAndroid

Basically this is one big mixture of all the great ROMs out here!

Stock but still highly customizable the way we like it

Download.png

Features:
    1. TeamRegular Kernel
    2. Cwm Recovery
    3. Linaro 4.7
    4. AOKP Riboons
    5. Built in Gestures
    6. Side Bar from ChameleonOS
    7. Dark Domination thanks to Slim
    8. Lots of init.d tweaks
    9. Lockscreen Widgets and Shortcuts
    10. Navigation Bar and Ring
    11. Halo with on/off and halo colors
    12. Custom Vibrations
    13. Custom Hardware Keys
    14. Hardware acceleration
    15. Permission Manager
    16. Led control
    17. and More go ahead and get Dominated!!!

Instructions:

1. Download all This is the page for all downloads now goo app should give you OTA as well
    2. Boot into recovery
    3. Flash the ROM.zip
    4. Flash Gapps on Domination page

Via app
    Browse compatible ROMs>Unjust>Epic 4G>Domination>

OTA via app
    You should receive notification from goo for update always check my thread for any new instructions

Credits.png

• Zowie93
    • Team douche
    • Team KANG
    • PAC-MAN
    • SGT7
    • TeamBAKED
    • TeamEOS
    • Slim ROM
    • root - box
    • ParanoidAndroid
    • Pabx
    • Owain
    • nimrodity
    • ChameleonOS
    Thanks net build will be much more similiar to the first to hopefully resolve the issue. Will do today I suppose.
    This hasnt been forgotten Ive been out of town and I still am . This rom isn't slow I just held back before I added the full features since I can't test. We have tons of more and lots of fixes the main dev has had to work on his own since I've been gone. He knows much more than me anyway Im just a kid. Anyway this will get updated with my other devices hopefully you guys enjoy the stability and speed.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone