• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

4.3 Factory images available!

bozzykid

May 1, 2011
Welp, I downloaded the images, but looks like I'm waiting then.
I would be shocked if there was a new factory image any time soon. Heck for the last several months a newer version was pushed to AOSP than was on the N4. It could just be changes for a specific device that was made after the N4 4.3 was final.

Reactions: Impo5sible

bozzykid

May 1, 2011
JWR66V is actually 4.3_r1... weird...

So, that means we could see a new build soon? That's never happened before...
JBQ is done pushing code and based on his latest Tweet, he is done for now. These images have probably been ready for quite a while. You can wait, but I don't see a new release happening anytime soon. No one has reported any major issues yet and JBQ would of replied on the mailing list if there was an issue with the code he just pushed.

novodev

Apr 18, 2013
JBQ is done pushing code and based on his latest Tweet, he is done for now. These images have probably been ready for quite a while. You can wait, but I don't see a new release happening anytime soon. No one has reported any major issues yet and JBQ would of replied on the mailing list if there was an issue with the code he just pushed.
Shantanu Goel &#8207 @Shantanugoel
Wait, so @jbqueru says that JSS15J is the latest 4.3 build, not JRR66V that is up on http://d.android.com ? *confused*

Jean-Baptiste Queru ‏@jbqueru
@Shantanugoel the JWR family was split during development to shield existing devices from last-minute changes done for the new Nexus 7.

shantzg001

Inactive Recognized Developer
I tweeted to jbq and he replied clarifying the situation. No need to wait for new images.

https://twitter.com/jbqueru/status/360129661461733376

@shantanugoel the JWR family was split during development to shield existing devices from last-minute changes done for the new Nexus 7.
Edit: oops, someone already posted my tweet and jbq's reply lol :p

Gaurav.Stallion

Dec 9, 2010
Chennai
Okay, so I flashed the new bootloader, radio, system and boot images, wiped cache, flashed supersu, wiped cache again and rebooted, and to my surprise, all my apps were intact, is that okay?

Marcb

Aug 11, 2008
Okay, so I flashed the new bootloader, radio, system and boot images, wiped cache, flashed supersu, wiped cache again and rebooted, and to my surprise, all my apps were intact, is that okay?
If you don't flash userdata, it won't wipe your device... but, I wouldn't bypass that...
Better flash the whole image and the restore your device...

bozzykid

May 1, 2011
Shantanu Goel ‏ @Shantanugoel
Wait, so @jbqueru says that JSS15J is the latest 4.3 build, not JRR66V that is up on http://d.android.com ? *confused*

Jean-Baptiste Queru ‏@jbqueru
@Shantanugoel the JWR family was split during development to shield existing devices from last-minute changes done for the new Nexus 7.
It could just be changes for a specific device that was made after the N4 4.3 was final.
Pretty sure I said just that :)

Rusty!

Jan 10, 2010
Portsmouth
No it's completely fine, you've basically got the outcome of an OTA update there. It's the same as I did (minus the pointless cache wiping), and have done numerous times before.

You're good to go, just forget about it and enjoy 4.3.

Reactions: Gaurav.Stallion

zamana

Jul 27, 2010
São Paulo
If you don't flash userdata, it won't wipe your device... but, I wouldn't bypass that...
Better flash the whole image and the restore your device...
No need to not flash or remove the file at all.

If you edit the .bat or the .sh file and remove the "-w" from the last command before run it, your device won't be wiped.

nyijedi

Jul 5, 2008
Long Island, NY
For those asking about a version of the YouTube app supporting Chromecast, note that YouTube has had support for this for a while now (for use with computers running Chrome as opposed to for use with the Chromecast device). It works great.

TurboFool

Jun 22, 2007
Culver City
FYI, got OTA pushed to my phone. Build is JWR66V.

Also, Apex Launcher won't function anymore. Crashes immediately. I did a manual update on my Nexus 7 to 4.3 and had the same experience, but I also had other problems so chalked it up to that and wiped it. Haven't reinstalled Apex on there yet, but I suspect it's got problems with 4.3.

Reactions: Olympus593

ptesmoke

Sep 23, 2008
Cold Lake
For those asking about a version of the YouTube app supporting Chromecast, note that YouTube has had support for this for a while now (for use with computers running Chrome as opposed to for use with the Chromecast device). It works great.
also works awesome with Xbox! which I've been using for a while...so this chromecast thing really isn't that big a deal to me. its cool..but once I get the xbone I don't think I'll need a chromecast?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium