[4.3][grouper & tilapia] STOCK ROOTED 4.3 (JWR66V) [Flashable Zip]

Search This thread

gsmyth

Dec 16, 2010
Someone asked in a few posts back whether it is necessary to update the bootloader? What enhancements are there if one does? No one responded so I am asking again as I would like to know this. Is it necessary? I rather not risk updating the bootloader and screwing something up unless its worth the risk. Thanks to all.

I'm not sure it matters much, I've got bootloader version 4.18 and flashed this 4.3 OTA just fine. If you experience problems and have tried everything else you could always try updating it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

jb0ne

Dec 7, 2011
I suppose it all depends on whether you're in the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" school or the "I want the latest bleeding edge everything" school. I'm in the latter so updated the bootloader. It's a very simple and quick thing to do and can't imagine why it'd cause problems assuming you have drivers correct and use the correct command line and image.

A.L.2009

Sep 21, 2009
Having a strange problem after flashing. My N7 (WiFi) cant connect to Play, Gmail, FB and a few others but the internet browser works fine. Tried reflashing after full wipe, still not working. Anyone else having this problem? Thanks.

dictionary

Dec 3, 2009
I suppose it all depends on whether you're in the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" school or the "I want the latest bleeding edge everything" school. I'm in the latter so updated the bootloader. It's a very simple and quick thing to do and can't imagine why it'd cause problems assuming you have drivers correct and use the correct command line and image.

While I can understand the if it ain't broke philosophy, one still has to wonder then why Google updated it. What did they see fit for it to change? That's why I updated. Along with, you know, absolutely needing to be bleeding edge lol.

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
While I can understand the if it ain't broke philosophy, one still has to wonder then why Google updated it. What did they see fit for it to change? That's why I updated. Along with, you know, absolutely needing to be bleeding edge lol.

NSA conspiracy - lol easier to "monitor your activity" :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

wiggy6230

Oct 20, 2008
Dunham Massey
Having a strange problem after flashing. My N7 (WiFi) cant connect to Play, Gmail, FB and a few others but the internet browser works fine. Tried reflashing after full wipe, still not working. Anyone else having this problem? Thanks.

Hi I couldn't download anything from the Play Store and after a bit of digging around, it came down to remove the Google Account associated to the Nexus, turn it off, then turn it on and the Google Account, after a bit of updating all was/is good.

Hopefully this will help.

Regards,

Doug

Reactions: Spacemonkie4207

radx

Jun 22, 2008
Anyone else missing the clock stock app? I can't find it. I did a cach+dalvik wipe before flashing this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

slebit

Dec 3, 2010
Pls help me I flashed this zip but my device is not rooted........ Mx player is not working.... Trying to install shows insufficient storage error while I have ample space left over

Flash latest SuperSu zip, and you will have root.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

oltp

Oct 12, 2005
Nexus 7
Huawei Mediapad M3
I picked up an "APM - 4.3 - ODEX.zip" somewhere overhere, can't find the location back though sorry. Hope the filename helps a little. And it's a 5 menu with turn off, reboot, recovery, flight mode & silent :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: scoot0073

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, here is a flashable zip for the new Android 4.3 update.

Features
    • Still odexed to keep performance optimal
    • Rooted (Chainfire's special 4.3 SuperSU)
    • Busybox & Toolbox installed & symlinked
    • Added some useful tools such as vim, nano, openvpn, cpustats and more
    • Changed the boring nexus bootanimation to the Google Play edition devices animation

Downloads

GROUPER

TILAPIA

Instructions
    • Wipe /data, /cache & dalvik-cache (wiping /system is recommended, but not mandatory I guess)
    • Flash the ROM
    • If the recovery says the stock recovery might be flashed over and asks you to disable it, answer NO.
    • Reboot & Enjoy

Updating Bootloader/Radio

This is not mandatory.
    If you want to update your bootloader or radio (radio is for tilapia only, obviously), here are the images:

You'll also need fastboot for your platform (just search on google or xda, or install the Android SDK).
    I will not provide flashable zips for these as I do not believe it is safe to flash a bootloader via recovery (be it by using dd or by copying the raw image directly).
    • To update bootloader (replace XXX with grouper or tilapia depending on your model):
      Code:
      fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-[COLOR="DarkRed"]XXX[/COLOR]-4.23.img
    • To update radio
      Code:
      fastboot flash radio radio-tilapia-1231_0.18.0_0409.img

Tips
    • Titanium Backup users: Point TBU to /storage/emulated/legacy instead of /storage/emulated/0

If enough people request it I'll do the same for the 3G model.
    Enjoy ;)
    File uploaded :)

There we go, the zip is finally up : http://androguide.fr/downloads/Stock-Rooted-4.3-grouper-by-Androguide.zip
    Please download this patch for proper root access too: http://download.chainfire.eu/340/SuperSU/SuperSU-JWR66N-S005-130625-1.41.zip?retrieve_file=1

Flash the rom first, then the patch. Please refer to the OP for more details.
    I'm gonna upload the package with the patch merged to it, but it might take a while on my crappy connection, so in the meantime if you're eager to flash use the patch.
    New link available

The zip with the root patch merged in it is now up at http://d-h.st/aih, the OP has been updated.
    Tilapia version coming soon

I'm currently downloading the tilapia (3G) system image, the rooted flashable zip should be available in a couple hours.
    What about new Bootloader version ? will this update the bootloader by itself ?

Nope, if you want to update your bootloader you'll need to fastboot it, I attached the new bootloader to this post if you need it.
    The fastboot command is
    Code:
    fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-grouper-4.23.img

What were to happen if I flashed this on my 3G version ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
    It probably wouldn't boot until you flash a compatible rom
    EDIT: actually, the updater-script wouldn't let you install it, it checks in your current build.prop if ro.product.board is set to grouper
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone