4.3 Verizon Note 2 Release time and area

Status
Not open for further replies.

stueycaster

Aug 19, 2011
Indianapolis
The number (VRUEMJ9) for the OTA release is the same as the version Beanstown came up with. The story is Verizon put that version out to a few people and he was lucky enough to get it. You have to flash radios in Odin separately or there's no wifi. I would think the OTA version has Wifi though so there's gotta be that difference at least.

Last edited:

rdeluis

Jun 27, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
OTA in Phoenix AZ
Please welcome me as another one sucked into taking Verizon OTA and loosing valuable root. Lol.
Now is just waiting until our benevolent developers find a way to root. As always counting on you OH WISE ONES! Please kick Verizon arse.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mlin

Dec 27, 2007
Probably because no one put their fingers on it to make it unstable...
Question, what is the harm of leaving KNOX in this build? Is there any? Can we simply have a flashable version of MJ9 that is unmodified other than being rooted or will KNOX in some way prevent this?

jusliloleme

May 13, 2011
Apple Valley
If you have a rooted GN2, I would strongly suggest that you do NOT take the latest OTA from Verizon. You will, at a minimum, loose your root and may not be able to root after the OTA. Rather, I would wait until the devs come out with a rooted version(s), which shouldn't take a whole lot of additional waiting time.

Just my 2 cents worth.

nbock01

Dec 19, 2007
OTA being pulled in Michigan on stock Note 2. Mine will wait until beans gets it massaged out and running smooth. Really hoping for a cleanrom 4.3 though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.