[4.4.2] FoxHound Ground Zeroes v1.0 VZW SS NC2/NC5 - THE ROM U DREAMT ABOUT LASTNITE

Search This thread

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
FoxHound Ground Zeroes v1.0 for Verizon S4 - NCx (NC2 / NC5 +) based off of Foxhound 4.7 International

HELLO FELLOW ROM LOVERS,
Here is another present from me... I present to you the first NC2 / NC5 Custom Rom built on and for the new Verizon 4.4.2 updates. This was tested on both but primarily NC2 and my upgrading methods were used and worked the best.

Kids dont flash ROMs without your parents consent. People don't hold the handicapped dude hostage if this messes up your phone. ITs been tested up and down but some ppl got bad luck... so don't hold me or XDA or anyone that flashes or developers or Verizon responsible for anything bad that happens to your phone from here out.... ok u can try to hold verizon its kinda their fault anyway.

LINK TO ORIGINAL ROM THREAD (Screenshots and descriptions for now until I have time to update this OP)

How to Install:
0. If you have 4.4.2 and Safestrap already installed just flash the ROM and SuperSu and RESET BAM YOUR DONE. Otherwise Follow bellow guide!!!
1. Download the ROM
along with these files: SuperSu1.94, gogOdin3.10(the newest Odin brought to u by mua 1st:), QuickUpgrade NC2 Safestrap (or other custom recovery) flashable file, NC2 WiFi Fix (only flash if broken wifi in ROM),NC2 Boot.img Only.tar Odin Flashable and pickup and install Safestrap 3.72 found in AT&T S4 thread.
2. Install your version of the ROM in Safestrap 3.72 under the Stock slot. This is a dirty Flash (no wipe) so you may need to wipe the System 1st. After installing the ROM flash the NC2 QuickUpgrade then the NC2 WiFi Fix the SuperSu194 zip then (you can link the installs together so SS flashes all 4 at once.) Now instead of normal resetting go to "Reboot" under main menu of Safestrap. Choose Download Mode (or just restart and hold Vol-Down) when your into Download mode plug phone into the Computer and load up Odin 3.10 and insert the NC2 Boot img.tar into the AP slot and press Start.
3. Phone will restart, give it a minute or two if you don't hear music its not working perfectly. In this situation you'll need to download: NC2 Hlos/Modem and this NC2 Full Upgrade no Bootloaders.tar (both are flashable only in Odin 3.10) now restart phone to download mode again and flash these with the Full Upgrade in the AP slot and the hlos in the CP and press start. Phone will start once before entering Recovery automatically, don't panic completely normal its flashing the cache update now... Phone will restart automatically and now if you don't see the bootanimation or hear music you either need to start completely over. Sorry about the music if its not your personal preference I've got a tool that will easily modify bootanimations and music (along with a lot more) in the next week or so. Just putting on finishing touches to final version 1.0. I've probably flashed 30 ROMS this way and still have my KNOX intact and the same bootloaders I started with. So no worries about voiding warranty by triggering KNOX cause U WONT if DONE RIGHT!!!
4. Vote 5 Stars, Donate, Thank in person or give a +1 if you enjoy the ROM!!!
5. FLASH EITHER THE KEYGUARD REMOVAL.ZIP IN SAFESTRAP OR THE KEYGUARD FIX.ZIP PLEASE! NEW VERSION WILL COME +1s pleas continue to post bugs or issues.

Thanks,
gogolie / gigilie
v1

PS This ROM has my added Theme's pack that ill be releasing shortly to change the theme from settings on home Launcher3 choose Themes and wala.... something like 10 at least to choose from. I know right, your welcome :)

As a precautionary measure after installing thru safestrap or custom recovery before restarting the ROM flash SuperSu and then go into your system / priv-app / directory and find the file KeyGuard.apk and delete it... i'll be releasing an updated version soon

Last edited:

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
i installed this and got a Keyguard FC, wont let me do anything...

I need more info than that bro. was it a clean install (wiped/formated first?) and was it on safestrap or mdk? sounds like possibly u had a rom underneath this install but i dont know as i havent heard from any other users. it works fine for me tho... keyguard was one of the first things i had to replace with the verizon one in order to port it.... no worries tho i can do a patch if thats an issue

jcs33

Oct 12, 2010
I did a clean install, wiped everything except SD and installed everything just like you said using safestrap 3.72.(i wiped data but did not format data) It boots up good but Gives the keyguard FC persistently..

mitzael

Jan 15, 2013
La Vega
I need more info than that bro. was it a clean install (wiped/formated first?) and was it on safestrap or mdk? sounds like possibly u had a rom underneath this install but i dont know as i havent heard from any other users. it works fine for me tho... keyguard was one of the first things i had to replace with the verizon one in order to port it.... no worries tho i can do a patch if thats an issue

Man! NC5 Stock Rooted (Surges method), Stock or new slot??? Instructions have confused me.

aknotts415

May 6, 2014
Pretty sure u cant install to slots on 3.72 on vzn. Only stock.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 05:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 AM ----------

2. Install your version of the ROM in Safestrap 3.72 under the Stock slot.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
I did a clean install, wiped everything except SD and installed everything just like you said using safestrap 3.72.(i wiped data but did not format data) It boots up good but Gives the keyguard FC persistently..

ok for the time being until i get a fix up... easiest way to quick patch yourself would be restart to safestrap then enter advanced (first make sure system is mounted under mounts) then file explorer and then /system/priv-app/ find keyguard.apk and delete it. this rom comes with its own keyguard so this wont affect the experience or ROM itself. sorry for the trouble thanks for spotting the bug :) sucks on my phone I had it working with my own version of S5's Particle Effect on that keyguard.... next release. u guys check out all the themes yet?

TW - Main Menu - Themes choose theme. i included a but load of new themes lemme know how they work

Dont flash to anything but stock slot. safestrap doesnt support slots on 4.4.2 yet.

Last edited:

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
Can't get past the FoxHound boot animation. Got the music too, but it just goes round and round after that.

make sure your flashing on a clean system.... or flash over official NC2 or NC5 rom. then upgrade using my methods. use an odin all in one pack for NC2 or NC5 (my vote is NC2 its betr)

judging by your boot symptoms i'm hoping thats what it is maybe a cache flash would fix it too.

Last edited:

Zooandbio4me

Sep 17, 2013
ok for the time being until i get a fix up... easiest way to quick patch yourself would be restart to safestrap then enter advanced (first make sure system is mounted under mounts) then file explorer and then /system/priv-app/ find keyguard.apk and delete it. this rom comes with its own keyguard so this wont affect the experience or ROM itself. sorry for the trouble thanks for spotting the bug :) sucks on my phone I had it working with my own version of S5's Particle Effect on that keyguard.... next release. u guys check out all the themes yet?

TW - Main Menu - Themes choose theme. i included a but load of new themes lemme know how they work

Dont flash to anything but stock slot. safestrap doesnt support slots on 4.4.2 yet.

I did exactly this, I was stoked too because this seems like a sweeeeeeet rom. After reboot I got an even quicker, constant "System UI FC"

:(

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

put those keyguard fixes online one will remove it the other will remove it and install a different one.. lemme know :)
Thanks much for the fixes, even though Ive spent hours trying... haha jk mang I really do appreciate ya.
But the link for keyguard removal needs to be updated ;)

mitzael

Jan 15, 2013
La Vega
Installed on NC5 Stock...after 12 hours still slow and warming the phone, Wifi is not working, battery drain very fast...speed is a pain...otherwise the rom looks pretty good with great features

Zooandbio4me

Sep 17, 2013
Neither of them work... Still just the same fc... I unzipped another rom and replaced the apk in ss file manager... same problem :(

I did a full wipe, redownloaded both fixes, tried again in several combinations, chmod'ing, etc etc etc. to no avail.... love you ya giglie mothafu**** please help :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FoxHound Ground Zeroes v1.0 for Verizon S4 - NCx (NC2 / NC5 +) based off of Foxhound 4.7 International

HELLO FELLOW ROM LOVERS,
    Here is another present from me... I present to you the first NC2 / NC5 Custom Rom built on and for the new Verizon 4.4.2 updates. This was tested on both but primarily NC2 and my upgrading methods were used and worked the best.

Kids dont flash ROMs without your parents consent. People don't hold the handicapped dude hostage if this messes up your phone. ITs been tested up and down but some ppl got bad luck... so don't hold me or XDA or anyone that flashes or developers or Verizon responsible for anything bad that happens to your phone from here out.... ok u can try to hold verizon its kinda their fault anyway.

LINK TO ORIGINAL ROM THREAD (Screenshots and descriptions for now until I have time to update this OP)

How to Install:
    0. If you have 4.4.2 and Safestrap already installed just flash the ROM and SuperSu and RESET BAM YOUR DONE. Otherwise Follow bellow guide!!!
    1. Download the ROM
    along with these files: SuperSu1.94, gogOdin3.10(the newest Odin brought to u by mua 1st:), QuickUpgrade NC2 Safestrap (or other custom recovery) flashable file, NC2 WiFi Fix (only flash if broken wifi in ROM),NC2 Boot.img Only.tar Odin Flashable and pickup and install Safestrap 3.72 found in AT&T S4 thread.
    2. Install your version of the ROM in Safestrap 3.72 under the Stock slot. This is a dirty Flash (no wipe) so you may need to wipe the System 1st. After installing the ROM flash the NC2 QuickUpgrade then the NC2 WiFi Fix the SuperSu194 zip then (you can link the installs together so SS flashes all 4 at once.) Now instead of normal resetting go to "Reboot" under main menu of Safestrap. Choose Download Mode (or just restart and hold Vol-Down) when your into Download mode plug phone into the Computer and load up Odin 3.10 and insert the NC2 Boot img.tar into the AP slot and press Start.
    3. Phone will restart, give it a minute or two if you don't hear music its not working perfectly. In this situation you'll need to download: NC2 Hlos/Modem and this NC2 Full Upgrade no Bootloaders.tar (both are flashable only in Odin 3.10) now restart phone to download mode again and flash these with the Full Upgrade in the AP slot and the hlos in the CP and press start. Phone will start once before entering Recovery automatically, don't panic completely normal its flashing the cache update now... Phone will restart automatically and now if you don't see the bootanimation or hear music you either need to start completely over. Sorry about the music if its not your personal preference I've got a tool that will easily modify bootanimations and music (along with a lot more) in the next week or so. Just putting on finishing touches to final version 1.0. I've probably flashed 30 ROMS this way and still have my KNOX intact and the same bootloaders I started with. So no worries about voiding warranty by triggering KNOX cause U WONT if DONE RIGHT!!!
    4. Vote 5 Stars, Donate, Thank in person or give a +1 if you enjoy the ROM!!!
    5. FLASH EITHER THE KEYGUARD REMOVAL.ZIP IN SAFESTRAP OR THE KEYGUARD FIX.ZIP PLEASE! NEW VERSION WILL COME +1s pleas continue to post bugs or issues.

Thanks,
    gogolie / gigilie
    v1

PS This ROM has my added Theme's pack that ill be releasing shortly to change the theme from settings on home Launcher3 choose Themes and wala.... something like 10 at least to choose from. I know right, your welcome :)

As a precautionary measure after installing thru safestrap or custom recovery before restarting the ROM flash SuperSu and then go into your system / priv-app / directory and find the file KeyGuard.apk and delete it... i'll be releasing an updated version soon
    this is for my...........................
    I'm stuck in a boot loop. would flashing to stock in odin work? I'm very confused I have the rom animation and sound and it does not boot. i came from mk2 4.3 tried to upgrade using your directions. I tried a dirty flash first over my 4.3 rom. Probably what I did wrong. But I followed the directions.

always at least wipe your system if that doesnt work then backup data to sdcard and do full wipe and install. if those options dont work then u can try to go dirty over stock or another custom rom that works whatever... but it should be your last option when trying a custom rom. the following are directions from a buddy in a different thread that uses FH with no problems.

instructions via @jake.99x3 from the 4.4.2 SAFEUp&Downgrade thread
    try this for instructions to install starting in safestrap
    0. Wipe System
    1. Flash ROM
    2. Flash quick upgrade, WiFi fix and super su at once using add to que.
    3. Reboot to download
    4. In odin flash the nc2 upgrade boot.
    You should then be good to go
    I went back to the OP and the last update is showing May 24...am I missing something? Could you please share where you saw the update? Thanks in advance.
    Go to his Androidfilehost.com page and it's in 4.4 and then 4.4 roms

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone