[4.4.4] [CM] [26/11] UltimaMod v2.0.1 [KTU84P] [i9505/G]

Search This thread

ComputerNmyPocket

Nov 30, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Nice Rom. Seems pretty fluid and responsive. I'm unclear though, is V2.0 Linaro optimized? Seems you mentioned the build before that was Linaro, but when you switched to CM11 in V2 you didn't specifically say it was Linaro optimized.

A little tip for those using TWRP; do your wiping first in TWRP, then uncheck the cache partition in the Mount menu, then install the zip selecting "No Wipe". Otherwise if you select wipe in the zip installer, the cache again becomes mounted and the install fails.

Reactions: heblu

MattBooth

Jan 4, 2011
Bradford
mattbooth.dev
The part that fails is the factory reset option. The cache being remounted is fine.

V2.0 isn't Linaro optimised, i haven't had the time to test it (since building takes 1.5 hours each time and errors tend not to occur until late in the build)

Reactions: ComputerNmyPocket

zoleegee

Feb 5, 2011
BUDAPEST
Impresive ROM as allways! I used UltimaROM for my S3 back in the days as well.
Been running this ROM for 4 days now, after a full wipe, no issues whatsoever. Batterywise also great. The only thing I miss is USB fastcharge, as far as I know, current CM kernel has no option/support fir this. On other ROMs I was running alucards kernel and I would like to give it a go. Which alucard kernel is compatible with your ROM?

MattBooth

Jan 4, 2011
Bradford
mattbooth.dev
Impresive ROM as allways! I used UltimaROM for my S3 back in the days as well.
Been running this ROM for 4 days now, after a full wipe, no issues whatsoever. Batterywise also great. The only thing I miss is USB fastcharge, as far as I know, current CM kernel has no option/support fir this. On other ROMs I was running alucards kernel and I would like to give it a go. Which alucard kernel is compatible with your ROM?
Any CM/AOSP kernel of his, I suppose.

Reactions: zoleegee

zoleegee

Feb 5, 2011
BUDAPEST
I haven't got the YouTube issue at all, so that's not the ROM.

I also have problems playing HD videos on youtube, while connected to WIFI. Connection Lost error. On mobile data, no issues though... Tried to uninstall youtube, re-install, same thing. Thought Kernel/wifi driver issue, so I tried also Alucards latest AOSP kernel as well, but same thing. Generally WIFI is good though...
Any suggestions?

dwarfer66

Mar 31, 2014
Perth
I tried to install this rom, and picked the option to do a factory reset, the phone crashed and the rom had been deleted from my SD card! Any ideas what went wrong?

zoleegee

Feb 5, 2011
BUDAPEST
Been on this ROM for more than a week now... A few things I've discovered. Did a full wipe of course, with latest TWRP before flashing... I cannot record any video, I've tried google camera, SNAP camera, and another one, mostly the apps producing FC. I use MX player and/or BSPlayer to watch movies, the x264 encoded videos cannot be played with HW acceleration, only in software mode. The youtube app got updated recently, but the WIFI HD video playback issue (connection terminated) still remains... On mobile net it is fine though... I gave up on that one. Any suggestions? Or anyone else with these issues?

MattBooth

Jan 4, 2011
Bradford
mattbooth.dev
YouTube isn't related, to be honest. If HD works on one there is no reason why it would be caused by the ROM not to work on the other (DRM stuff on the rOM obviously works well enough for Netflix and so on).

The Camera problem is the issue I've been looking at myself. I can't figure out why it's not working, because I haven't changed any camera code, and it works on the CM Nightlys.

I have also notived MX Player only working in Software mode... but I don't know why you assume that is the ROM.

You need ot ask YouTube (Google) and the MX Player team about their issues. I'm working on the camera problem myself (but I've honestly been scratching my head).

Reactions: zoleegee

MattBooth

Jan 4, 2011
Bradford
mattbooth.dev
Ok, we're 99% surely back in business.

Characteristically of me, I've had a whinge, and then fixed the issue.... Or rather figured out who's toe blame and fixed that. The solution is that CyanogenMod's user build for the S4 is broken. I must use userdebug. No more deodex'd builds :/ On the plus side, slightly smaller ROM package up next.

I have a week off this week. So, I'll be releasing soon.

EDIT:

Might even have fixed YouTube as well, since it was an encoder/decoder issue. Haven't checked yet.

Reactions: heblu and popliuc

MattBooth

Jan 4, 2011
Bradford
mattbooth.dev
Updated!

changes.png

UltimaMod v2.0.1 Folkvangr
  • Updated to latest CyanogenMod sources as of build date;Updated Gapps to latest, including Play Store and GSF
  • Added Google Gallery, TTS, Face Unlock and Messenger
  • Removed Google Sheets, Slides, Translate and Device Manager (all are not usual GApps packages)
  • Updated Misc Apps (SwiftKey, etc)
  • Dropbox suggesting there isn’t enough room on the device. Their error. Removed until they fix this
  • Updated SuperSU to 2.16
  • Fixed factory reset installer option
  • Fixed i9505 camera and media recording/codec issues
  • Had to remove Odex option as it was breaking the i9505 build (CyanogenMod have been made aware of this)

Reactions: heblu

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to UltimaMod
    This ROM is based on CyanogenMod with added features that I felt needed adding to the code
    information.png

bullet.png
    If you are coming from ANY other base or source, please factory reset and wipe /system
    bullet.png
    CWM 6.0.4.4+ or TWRP 2.6.X.X+ Required

features.png

Base
    bullet.png
    Forked from CyanogenMod
    bullet.png
    Odexed and Deodexed version available in the same zip
    bullet.png
    Gapps packages in the installer. Many options. Full, lite or custom
    bullet.png
    F-Droid option in the installer, for those who don’t want Google Apps.
    bullet.png
    Runtime choice in installer (ART/Dalvik)
    bullet.png
    Root options in the installer, including none

Mods
    bullet.png
    Theme chooser for certain apps
    bullet.png
    Call recording as default for all devices (Cyanogen limit this per region, which is unnecessary)
    bullet.png
    MP4 encoding format for call recording
    bullet.png
    Traffic Meter and controls
    bullet.png
    Recents panel controls (Clear all button position and RAM bar)
    bullet.png
    Battery color, text and font controls
    bullet.png
    Clock option: AM/PM indicator, colour and day of week
    bullet.png
    Custom battery icon colours (color, level colors, bolt colours, text colors etc)

Apps
    bullet.png
    ACDisplay
    bullet.png
    AdAway
    bullet.png
    DisconnectMobile
    bullet.png
    Dropbox
    bullet.png
    FasterGPS
    bullet.png
    Terminal

thanks.png

@JustArchi - For putting up with my questions
    CyanogenMod - Source
    Any donors - Thanks to you guys as well. You help pay the bills!

Interested in contributing?
    I'm just one guy. I'm very much interested in getting contributions and team members involved in writing code

XDA:DevDB Information
    UltimaMod, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    Kryten2k35
    Source Code: https://github.com/UltimaAOSP

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: CWM 6.0.4.4+ or TWRP 2.7.0.0
    Based On: AOSP, CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v2.0.1
    Stable Release Date: 2014-11-26

Created 2014-03-17
    Last Updated 2014-11-26
    Reserved

downloads.png

QR-CODE:
    [QRCODE]http://www.ultimarom.com[/QRCODE]
    UltimaMod v2.0.1 Folkvangr - 606.8MB

MD5: feee4cd148216eb41922b0e539e9b760

-->>Click here to Download<<--

Notes:

Please do NOT make mirrors - downloads are counted

install.png

1. Copy the UltimaMod file to your Galaxy S4's external SD card.
    2. Turn off your Galaxy S4.
    3. Boot into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons.
    4. [Optional] Make a NANDroid Backup by selecting Backup and Restore. Select Backup.
    5. Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Confirm the action on the next screen.
    6. Unmount /cache
    7. Select Install ZIP from SD card.
    8. Select Choose ZIP from SD card and then select the UltimaROM file.
    9. Follow the on-screen instructions.
    10. Select Reboot System Now.

GApps

You can use any Gapps package with this ROM, however I have taken the time to prepare three versions for you and include them in the installer. You can choose not to install them and instead install your own.

Source Code
    https://github.com/UltimaMod
    Reserved

changes.png

UltimaMod v2.0.1 Folkvangr
    • Updated to latest CyanogenMod sources as of build date;Updated Gapps to latest, including Play Store and GSF
    • Added Google Gallery, TTS, Face Unlock and Messenger
    • Removed Google Sheets, Slides, Translate and Device Manager (all are not usual GApps packages)
    • Updated Misc Apps (SwiftKey, etc)
    • Dropbox suggesting there isn’t enough room on the device. Their error. Removed until they fix this
    • Updated SuperSU to 2.16
    • Fixed factory reset installer option
    • Fixed i9505 camera and media recording/codec issues
    • Had to remove Odex option as it was breaking the i9505 build (CyanogenMod have been made aware of this)

Previous:
    Code:
    [B][COLOR=#33b5e5]UltimaMod v2.0 Folkvangr[/COLOR][/B]
    [list][*] Changed base to CyanogenMod 11 (latest sources as of build time) – Should make for quicker updates
    [*] Odexed and Deodexed version available in the same zip
    [*] Added Gapps packages in the installer. Many options. Full, lite or custom
    [*] Added call recording as default for all devices (Cyanogen limit this per region, which is unnecessary)
    [*] Added MP4 encoding format for call recording
    [*] Added Traffic Meter and controls to SystemUI
    [*] Added Recents panel controls (Clear all button position and RAM bar)
    [*] Added battery color, text and font controls
    [*] Added clock option: AM/PM indicator, colour and day of week
    [*] Added F-Droid option in the installer, for those who don’t want Google Apps.
    [*] Added DisconnectMobile option in the installer
    [*] Added root options in the installer, including none
    [*] Added Runtime choice in installer
    [*] Added custom battery icon colours (color, level colors, bolt colours, text colors etc)
    [*] Fixed some Messaging theming issues[/list]
    [B][COLOR=#33b5e5]UltimaAOSP v1.1.1 Valhalla[/COLOR][/B]
    [LIST]
    [*] Fixed libchromewebview.so and other related problems – this fixes the Google Search and GMail, etc, issues showing web pages.
    [*] Fixed the Battery Text colour on the Battery icon resetting to white after a reboot.
    [/LIST]

Full Changelog can be found here: http://ultimarom.com/roms/ultimaaosp/changelog/

todo.png

• Theme chooser in Email, Contacts, Dialer and Calendar (this is a big job. Will take me some time)
    • Battery bar
    • Custom Carrier label
    • Disable Camera sound option

issues.png

• Only ones that are in CyanogenMod
    Update tomorrow :) v2.0
    Here's my schedule:

1. Update any themed apps I work on
    2. Bring UltimaAOSP up to v1.2 (which will include some stuff that will make it into UltimaROM)
    3. Update UltimaROM to v17, latest available firmware

Don't forget, to check this post on the UR website and cast a vote. Free stuff! http://ultimarom.com/poll-do-you-play-pc-games/