[4.4.4]OptiROM [i9070-i9070P]

Search This thread

Exekill

Aug 19, 2014
Capital Federal
I think it has became a common bug in 4.4 roms, I have the same problem with SlimSaber. (After updating the services it gets FC when I use high accuracy)

Same problem on my wife phone using CarbonROM. :(
I updated the Play services to 7.5.73 that was released on June the 5th, cleaned the app (deleted cache and the app data) but it still fc after some hours (clean again, the error goes for some more hours)

Ytsma

Jun 13, 2015
Craching

It's still a problem with me that google play is crashing when gps is activated.

Is there an solution??

omega101

May 24, 2013
Thanks for the reply.
I have already rooted my phone yesterday using shaan's method. Also downloaded the cwm recovery zip file. Used it to wipe dalvik. So, now I should simply use the rom & flash it, right? No need for upgrading the jb
Please bear, I am completely new to these things.:silly:

Even I was a noob once to all these stuff.
Don't worry. Its perfectly safe if you do it the right way. And no need to root your JB to flash any ROM. Just flash CWM temp recovery by shaan and flash custom rom of your choice. All roms are pre-rooted and have a custom recovery pre-installed(except OFFICIAL JB BASED CUSTOM ROMs).
And BTW, this ROM is smooth as silk.

---------- Post added at 04:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 AM ----------

Can someone help me out on how to re-size the quick-launch icons in notification menu. I can only re-arrange them by long-press. And also not able to delete them.

Last edited:
Reactions: #Henkate

marko11071989

May 14, 2014
Even I was a noob once to all these stuff.
Don't worry. Its perfectly safe if you do it the right way. And no need to root your JB to flash any ROM. Just flash CWM temp recovery by shaan and flash custom rom of your choice. All roms are pre-rooted and have a custom recovery pre-installed(except OFFICIAL JB BASED CUSTOM ROMs).
And BTW, this ROM is smooth as silk.

---------- Post added at 04:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 AM ----------

Can someone help me out on how to re-size the quick-launch icons in notification menu. I can only re-arrange them by long-press. And also not able to delete them.

in upper right corner you have icon like 4 small squares, just press it and you can re-arrange and delete quick launch icons, but can't re-size them

Reactions: omega101

utkarshphirke

Jun 23, 2015
WiFi not working

Hi,

I had been using CarbonRom and decided to try this out. I flashed the ROM and the WiFi wont turn on now. When I swipe on the button to turn it ON it simply goes back to OFF again. It seems that it's just me. Can anyone suggest a fix?

X46X

Apr 9, 2008
Prague
Hi, I can't install gapps over it, it gives me Error in recovery Satus 1, don't know what is it. I formating everything like /data /system /cache partition without luck. Can anyone help me? Thank you

Klaas68

Jun 29, 2014
I know this ROM project is probably not maintained anymore just lik ethe other 4.4 ROMS for the I9070. But I installed it in my next attempt to revive my I9070 again because my previous ROM had become terrible slowly for no apparent reason.

So I flashed this ROM (the file OptiROM_08032015.zip) and subsequently the newest version of OpenGapps (open_gapps-arm-4.4-pico-20151225.zip), and after installing my apps, my phone felt almost like new and way faster than ever...

But after a while my worst fear became true again, not for the first time the dreaded message "Google play services has stopped" popped up every seconds and must be clicked away to un-freeze the screen.

The Web gives several solutions to this problem and I tried them all:
-Clearing the caches
-Clearing the application data for Google PLay services and Google PLay services framework
-Resetting app preferences

But none of these could remove the issue for long. I have the impression that the problem occurs after using Google Maps,. but this is an app I use very often and I do not want to remove.

Some post on other fora suggest that this could be a permission issue. If there is a solution or even a workaround I would be very pleased to hear!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OPTIROM
    My intent is to make an optimized rom for janice, wait let me explain my self better.
    After years of hard development (I don't know how to thank TeamCanjica for their awesome work) we have custom roms fully working almost bugless.
    I have used as base the AOSPA sources, in my opinion the best rom for our phone and since android 4.4.4 is not updated anymore, I decided to do this by myself and optimize the code to make the rom smoother, faster and battery friendly as more as possible.
    Forget the crappy stock JB and other ROMS, flash OPTIROM!

Let's start guys!

REQUISITES
    Be almost on JB+ rom rooted with a custom recovery

INSTALLATION
    Wipe data
    Wipe cache and dalvik
    Format system
    Flash rom
    Flash gapps
    Reboot and enjoy!

FEATURES
    All AOSPA features
    Updated to last AOSPA sources
    MKKernel as default kernel

CHANGELOG
    08/03/2015

• First build
      Compiled using gcc 4.8

BUGS
    You may see a graphical bug in the notification bar when expanded, of course this will be fixed in next release

DOWNLOAD
    ROM: OptiROM
    GAPPS: PA_GAPPS

XDA:DevDB Information
    [4.4.4]OptiROM [i9070-i9070P], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070

Contributors
    hastalafiesta, hastalafiesta
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 4.1.2
    Based On: AOSPA

Version Information

Created 2015-03-11
    Last Updated 2015-03-11
    Ok, I have already downloaded this ROM and I wanted to port it to the other phone, but I have question. What is "Zimage" file? Is it boot.img? There is no boot.img file in the rom zip so I'm a bit confused :p

FEATURES
    All AOSPA features
    Updated to last AOSPA sources
    MKKernel as default kernel

As you can see, there's a boot.img inside.

zImage is kernel image without ramdisk (you can't boot Android without a kernel ramdisk)

ramdisk is called initramfs (initial RAM file system), basically it's a cpio archive of the initial file system that gets loaded into RAM during boot process, Linux kernel mounts it as root file system and starts the init process from it

zImage+ramdisk=boot.img

In case of this device, boot.img has zImage+two initramfs: one for normal boot and one for recovery
    Thank U very Much:D
    Which cocafe version will be appropriate? Can u provide the link, please?
    How permanent recovery is obtained with cocafe? Please explain it.
    Also if I first install the optirom & install the kernel later will it be different than otherwise?

There is cocore kernel (made by cocafe) for gingerbread and jellybean. The one for jellybean is called E-Refresh ( can be found under original development section).
    Cocore kernel come with permanent recovery ( it used to be CWM before, but now is TWRP if i remember correctly). When you flash the kernel, you will also get the permanent recovery ( like temporary one, but this one is permanent).
    By the way, roms based on 4.2 / 4.3 / 4.4 come with permanent recovery too.

If you flash cocore kernel over a rom based on android version higher than 4.1.2 , you will get bootloop. It works only on 4.1.2.
    Anyway, all kernels from 4.2 / 4.3 / 4.4 roms has cocore kernel features.

To install opti rom, just flash this Temporary Recovery if you didn't flash cocore kernel yet. Is more easy this way.
    The link for pGapps is broken, is it ok if I install Lollipop Gapps instead from the dev's page?

No, you need Kitkat gapps (e.g. delta-gapps, see signature).
    General thoughts and OptiROM features

Hi there, M on Janice 11-20121214-unofficial-janice rom and was thinking about updating to your rom. Kindly confirm whether i would be able to update directly from your rom?? Could you please explain in noob friendly terms the difference in your rom and the rom i am on?? A complete noob :D

Hi there!

Let's face a simple fact: you're telling that your phone has got a ROM that dates from the year 2012. That's more than two years ago. During such a long period of time, many things use to happen in the IT world. For example, lately, we were told that all versions of android which are 4.3 or below (that's you) have severe security issues because of "WebView". It is a feature of the IT world that it's changing permanently. If you want to keep your phone (quite) safe, you will have (!) to update your phone. If you have strong arguments for keeping the old version of your OS, be aware of those issues and take appropriate precautions.

If you want to catch up on the kind of system that's offerred here, this information and the features of OptiROM could be useful for you.

I found it on my phone's main page.

Perhaps you could even use a briefing on my own problems because (!) there were arguments for the stock ROM.

Hope, I could help a bit :)