• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[4.4] Omni nightlies for the Oppo N1

Search This thread

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
This is the thread for Omni on the Oppo N1.

For the time being, this is mostly a placeholder, I will add more content to this post soon.

The goods - http://dl.omnirom.org/n1/
gapps - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2397942 - Use the "full modular" package

Flash with TWRP.

XDA:DevDB Information
Oppo N1 Omni, a ROM for the Oppo N1

Contributors
Entropy512, xplodwild, maxwen
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2013-12-17
Last Updated 2013-12-17

maxwen

Jun 10, 2012
Just to add some news here

Oppo N1 offscreen gesture support has been implemented
so you can expect this to be included soon in the nightlies

To all who dont know what that is all about:
The N1 (and also the find5) touchscreen supports gestures
drawing while screen is off. Aside from the "well-known"
"double tap to wake" there are

• drawing a "V" will toggle the torch
  • drawing a circle will start the camera
  • II, > and < can be used to control music playback

All of this doesnt have any effect on battery cause this is
built-in into the touchscreen firmware. So it will stay in low power mode
until such a gesture is fully detected.

Harfainx

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 10, 2010
I'll likely use this for some customization until I can get ColorOS on KitKat.

Sent from my N1 using Tapatalk

trialsrider1

Nov 10, 2010
Nothing has been posted either here, nor on the oppoforums official thread, have the latest nightlies been showing good improvement? I just got my N1 and haven't had a chance to check much out either with this or CM.

Harfainx

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 10, 2010
Nothing has been posted either here, nor on the oppoforums official thread, have the latest nightlies been showing good improvement? I just got my N1 and haven't had a chance to check much out either with this or CM.

Both Omni and CM are working very well on the N1. CM hasn't really taken off for the newest builds, but we should have CM11 soon. We're still on CM 10.2 at this point, but Omni is on KitKat, so that's a little nicer at this point.

trialsrider1

Nov 10, 2010
Both Omni and CM are working very well on the N1. CM hasn't really taken off for the newest builds, but we should have CM11 soon. We're still on CM 10.2 at this point, but Omni is on KitKat, so that's a little nicer at this point.

Thanks you for the reply. I'll have to give both a shot just to see how they run. What's the custom kernels looking like? Think there will be any? Want to try out an aosp rom. My music soon will not open at all on CoS

Sent from my N1 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Entropy512

Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Nothing custom released yet (that I've seen anyway). I'm sure we'll see more activity on that as more phones get into the wild.

We've got a pretty decent kernel as it is thanks to maxwen. Unlike other devices where there are gloryhounds lone-wolfing, nearly everyone working on the N1 is working together (other than Cyanogen, Inc - they're on their own.)

Thomaslje

Oct 26, 2008
Hello Entropy512. Is it posible to get a list of features that are working and not so I know what I will miss when installing the nightlight.

Entropy512

Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Hello Entropy512. Is it posible to get a list of features that are working and not so I know what I will miss when installing the nightlight.

Everything is working except:
Host Card Emulation (this is a kitkat-specific feature so you won't "lose" it - you just won't gain it)
O-Touch (back touch panel) integration is still in review on gerrit. The solution CM used is OK but a little flaky - it fails in many cases (Chrome, reading an email). Right now IF you enable the back touch panel in device specific settings, it acts exactly like a secondary touchscreen, which can get annoying.
Maxwen is working on integrating O-Click support. It's not included yet I believe.
In some cases, there are some weird graphics issues in Chrome (extreeeeemely slow refresh of the screen) - not always. It's one of my top priority issues right now.

Everything else should be working, it's my daily driver device.

Thomaslje

Oct 26, 2008
Host Card Emulation (this is a kitkat-specific feature so you won't "lose" it - you just won't gain it)
O-Touch (back touch panel) integration is still in review on gerrit. The solution CM used is OK but a little flaky - it fails in many cases (Chrome, reading an email). Right now IF you enable the back touch panel in device specific settings, it acts exactly like a secondary touchscreen, which can get annoying.
Maxwen is working on integrating O-Click support. It's not included yet I believe.
In some cases, there are some weird graphics issues in Chrome (extreeeeemely slow refresh of the screen) - not always. It's one of my top priority issues right now.

thx dude, so as I see it no major downside with running this.

giuliano rigon

Oct 17, 2011

While your idea of loading gapps in system has merita i still prefer loading very few of them.. Ad in banks gapps minimal.. But some problems are reported in the banks gapps forum with omni .. Are they solved for the n1 .. Or do you think a less extensive working package exists somewhere..
I would love to delete things like maps play books talkback.. What deletes are inoffensive in tour opinion i use google sync playstore YouTube and chrome beta never ever the rest of the bunch.. Flashing other launchers in system was a thing i appreciated with other handsets i am thinking of nova or themer right now.. Thanks for tour time

Thomaslje

Oct 26, 2008
No gallery

Hello. You says to install "full modular" package of gapps but there is no gallery and camera included, så how do I get that or is it included in the rom.

Entropy512

Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
While your idea of loading gapps in system has merita i still prefer loading very few of them.. Ad in banks gapps minimal.. But some problems are reported in the banks gapps forum with omni .. Are they solved for the n1 .. Or do you think a less extensive working package exists somewhere..
I would love to delete things like maps play books talkback.. What deletes are inoffensive in tour opinion i use google sync playstore YouTube and chrome beta never ever the rest of the bunch.. Flashing other launchers in system was a thing i appreciated with other handsets i am thinking of nova or themer right now.. Thanks for tour time
Use "mini" gapps.

Hello. You says to install "full modular" package of gapps but there is no gallery and camera included, så how do I get that or is it included in the rom.

Included in omni. Gapps with cam/gallery are only for Nexus devices

Reactions: Thomaslje

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the thread for Omni on the Oppo N1.

For the time being, this is mostly a placeholder, I will add more content to this post soon.

The goods - http://dl.omnirom.org/n1/
    gapps - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2397942 - Use the "full modular" package

Flash with TWRP.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Oppo N1 Omni, a ROM for the Oppo N1

Contributors
    Entropy512, xplodwild, maxwen
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2013-12-17
    Last Updated 2013-12-17
    i'll comback again if google camera and slow shutter in the rom , thanks thread

Slow shutter is there for weeks

Sent from my N1 using Tapatalk
    Just to add some news here

Oppo N1 offscreen gesture support has been implemented
    so you can expect this to be included soon in the nightlies

To all who dont know what that is all about:
    The N1 (and also the find5) touchscreen supports gestures
    drawing while screen is off. Aside from the "well-known"
    "double tap to wake" there are

• drawing a "V" will toggle the torch
    • drawing a circle will start the camera
    • II, > and < can be used to control music playback

All of this doesnt have any effect on battery cause this is
    built-in into the touchscreen firmware. So it will stay in low power mode
    until such a gesture is fully detected.
    Updated version of OmniClick
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/sl0rct56v8as0/OmniClick

New features:

music control
    -double click will start/pause music
    -single click will skip to next song

-find phone ringtone now configurable

To make it easier there is now also a recovery flashable zip
    else the apk must be moved to /system/priv-app
    Battery life is better on omni versus cm11 in my opinion. Pissibly due to a better kernel, i can set lower CPU speeds in omni and use the interactive and noop governor. I never play games so fast clocks are useless to me.. What would you suggest ad regards battery life.. What are you using? Thanks giuliano rigon

Yes omni kernel has some "specials" :)
    1) it has an integrated CPU hotplugging governor different to standard
    qcom mpdecision to better manage CPU cores based on the system load

2) smartmax governor
    This is a derivate of smartass and depending on your typical
    usecase can help to reduce battery usage.

To make the device still "snappy" there is synchronized
    touch boost support for CPU governor and CPU hotplugging

Just do me one favour :)
    Dont know what your opinion on benchmarks like antutu is
    but if you really want to "show off" with a useless high score
    dont use the default settings :)