Question 4.5 Gb update. brick

Search This thread

edulcorante1

Member
Mar 4, 2020
24
3
It has stayed on this screen, it does not allow access to: volume down / up + power, volume down+power, volume up+power.
No fastboot access. Mode BROM Yes.
Logo screen turns on and off, but you can't turn off the phone.
 
Last edited:

ivabellini

New member
Apr 4, 2016
2
0
Help me in this problem!
I have boot.img pached with Magisk and i have updated my Oneplus Nord 2
now the phone is in bootloop
no access in fastboot volume + and power
 

ivoh95

Senior Member
Mar 14, 2012
185
43
I also had a problem with the latest update, oxygenos 12 auto installed itself on my Nord 2 EU. This broke fastboot and removed root.

The phone still works, but trying to boot into fastboot gives a serial error and the phone reboots back into the os. Any suggestions? Did anyone manage to snag a copy of the update zip?
 

edulcorante1

Member
Mar 4, 2020
24
3
I have copied the 4.5 Gb update on the computer.
My knowledge is very limited and with this phone I am very angry. I use google translate.
 

ivoh95

Senior Member
Mar 14, 2012
185
43
I used the re_livdvdv5 with the MTK client to reroot mine, pulled the stock boot.img, patched with magisk, and wrote it back to the phone, worked fine for me to reroot. To recover your phone, i suspect you can probably flash that zip image with the mtk client, or downgrade back to os 11
 

Zombnombs

Senior Member
If you have BROM then you can use MTKclient to flash what you need to unbrick your device, regardless of what's wrong with it

Download the ready-to-use Live DvD file from here https://github.com/bkerler/mtkclient#use-re-livedvd-everything-ready-to-go-based-on-ubuntu and use Rufus to make a bootable USB thumbdrive from https://rufus.ie/en/

Once you have MTKclient setup and working you will have a functioning method to flash any .img files needed to recover your phone, check out the details in the thread I embedded below, it is likely you will need a stock recovery.img file, a stock vbmeta.img file, and then you will need to track down the stock boot.img for the current operating system of your phone.

As always, make sure to use mtkclient or the Partitions backup tool to backup everything you can, especially the persist.img which contains calibration data unique to your own device, if you wipe your own data in this partition by accident no one will be able to help you. There are also other partitions with similarly unique data that should also be backed up (full ist of these are: seccfg, nvcfg, nvdata, nvram, persist, proinfo, protect1 and protect2 partitions)

As your error happened in the middle of an update, I would suggest you grab multiple boot.img files for both the previous and new version that your phone was trying to install, as you can't be fully certain if the update was succesful, so just try flashing multiple versions of the boot.img file for all the various versions, only the correct version will unbrick your device.

Luckily, to the best of my knowledge, the recovery.img and vbmeta.img should be the same across both versions.

Good luck. You can post in the following thread as well if you run into issues with the unbrick method, but getting MTKclient working and sourcing the correct .img files to flash is 99% of the difficulty here, with the remaining 1% the trial and error flashing various boot files to see which one works for you.

 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: albysprx

Zombnombs

Senior Member
My partition userdata 107.12 Gb.
Can i delete it directly?
During the unbrick process you will be reformatting/wiping your device so you will lose all your data. If you wish to keep your data, you can back it up, or if you're willing to lose it all and install and setup all your data again, it's up to you.

You don't need to back it up if you don't want to, but it'll contain all your old apps, appdata, and photos/videos etc
 

Top Liked Posts

  • There are no posts matching your filters.
  • 1
    If you have BROM then you can use MTKclient to flash what you need to unbrick your device, regardless of what's wrong with it

    Download the ready-to-use Live DvD file from here https://github.com/bkerler/mtkclient#use-re-livedvd-everything-ready-to-go-based-on-ubuntu and use Rufus to make a bootable USB thumbdrive from https://rufus.ie/en/

    Once you have MTKclient setup and working you will have a functioning method to flash any .img files needed to recover your phone, check out the details in the thread I embedded below, it is likely you will need a stock recovery.img file, a stock vbmeta.img file, and then you will need to track down the stock boot.img for the current operating system of your phone.

    As always, make sure to use mtkclient or the Partitions backup tool to backup everything you can, especially the persist.img which contains calibration data unique to your own device, if you wipe your own data in this partition by accident no one will be able to help you. There are also other partitions with similarly unique data that should also be backed up (full ist of these are: seccfg, nvcfg, nvdata, nvram, persist, proinfo, protect1 and protect2 partitions)

    As your error happened in the middle of an update, I would suggest you grab multiple boot.img files for both the previous and new version that your phone was trying to install, as you can't be fully certain if the update was succesful, so just try flashing multiple versions of the boot.img file for all the various versions, only the correct version will unbrick your device.

    Luckily, to the best of my knowledge, the recovery.img and vbmeta.img should be the same across both versions.

    Good luck. You can post in the following thread as well if you run into issues with the unbrick method, but getting MTKclient working and sourcing the correct .img files to flash is 99% of the difficulty here, with the remaining 1% the trial and error flashing various boot files to see which one works for you.