[4-6-13][ROM] CM10.1 for the evoLTE (jewel)

Search This thread

Va1ha1a

Aug 22, 2011
Bricked?

I've been on 8/15 for a couple of days now and I've been simply loving it. Everything about it is darn near perfect. Plugged my phone in last night, daydream mode was on, and I went to sleep. Woke up this morning and my phone won't turn on at all. Completely dead. Long press power, volume buttons. Plugged in. Unplugged. Nothing. Any thoughts?
I know this has probably already been covered a lot, but sometimes mine puts itself in a coma for a long time. Only solution is to let of charge for a very long time, and than it'll only be at like 3% when I boot up.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

kwdan

May 1, 2011
Redford mi
I can confirm that you can only do simultaneouse and data when connected to WiFi or LTE moment on CM10.2.

mhajii210

I'm currently on topic build and I just called and talked on phone while reading this and replying to this post. I dont know if it makes a difference, buT i have a launch evo. My device hasn't suffered from some of the problems that others have.

Magnum_Enforcer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 14, 2012
Birmingham, AL
I'm currently on topic build and I just called and talked on phone while reading this and replying to this post. I dont know if it makes a difference, buT i have a launch evo. My device hasn't suffered from some of the problems that others have.

The topic build is CM 10.1. The discussion about simultaneous voice and data (SVDO) is in regards to CM 10.2, I believe.

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mhajii210

Sep 19, 2011
CM10.2 data drops

cm-10.2-20130817-NIGHTLY-grouper.zip

HTCQualcommRIL: fix data drops when switching state (android_frameworks_opt_telephony)

I have noticed that sometimes when I receive a call or when I turn off the wi-fi, my data is not properly restored and appears to get stuck. The phone will show 3G, but it's grey and when I try to browse there's no data. I have to toggle airplane mode to correct it. Hopefully we'll get a new unofficial build soon that has the above mentioned data fix! Pretty please with sugar on top?

mhajii210

kwdan

May 1, 2011
Redford mi
cm-10.2-20130817-NIGHTLY-grouper.zip

HTCQommRIL: fita drops when switching state (android_frameworks_opt_thony)

I have noticed that sometimes when I receive a call or wilI turn off the wi-fi, my data is not properly restored and appears to get stuck. The phone will show 3G, but it's grey and when I try to browse there's no data. I have to toggle airplane mode to correct it. Hopefully we'll get a new unofficial build soon that has the above mentioned data fix! Pretty please with sugar on top?

mhajii210

Please forgive me, I'm not trying to be an ass, but that might be the difference. I only use the IRC builds. My voice and data work simultaneously . Text and web. Every device is different though.

mhajii210

Sep 19, 2011
SVDO

Yes.. I know it's about 10.2. It is at the top of the header so I consider it topic also. I have voice and data on 9 ladies.

Did you dirty flash? Are you on LTE or wi-fi when receiving a call? I don't see how it's possible since as far as I know the latest unofficial CM10.2 build does not support SVDO. Anyone else care to test and comment?

mhajii210

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Please forgive me, I'm not trying to be an ass, but that might be the difference. I only use the IRC builds. My voice and data work simultaneously . Text and web. Every device is different though.

I'm running the latest IRC 8-16-13 Unofficial Nightly as well on my HTC EVO 4G LTE. I only posted about the cm-10.2-20130817-NIGHTLY-grouper.zip because there's a very important data drop fix that hopefully we can get to work on our phones as well. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

mhajii210

kwdan

May 1, 2011
Redford mi
Did you dirty flash? Are you on LTE or wi-fi when receiving a call? I don't see how it's possible since as far as I know the latest unofficial CM10.2 build does not support SVDO. Anyone else care to test and comment?

mhajii210

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

I'm running the latest IRC 8-16-13 Unofficial Nightly as well on my HTC EVO 4G LTE. I only posted about the cm-10.2-20130817-NIGHTLY-grouper.zip because there's a very important data drop fix that hopefully we can get to work on our phones as well. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

mhajii210

I clean installed 8/15 then dirty flashed 8/16 over that. If I have any problems( excessive data drops or reboots),then I will clean install 8/16 or whatever is next.

talkincat

Feb 5, 2008
Bluetooth

Am I the only one having substantial issues with bluetooth? Starting in mid July (I'm not sure which specific build) with 10.1 and continuing with 10.2 from 8/16, I get a condition where bluetooth becomes unstable and disconnects. Sometimes I can't get it to come back at all, even by rebooting the phone, but then if I try an hour later it's fine for a while. This happens with both my bluetooth headphones and my car stereo, so I don't think it's related to the source device.

Since I originally had this issue, I have replaced my phone, so I am convinced that this is not a hardware problem. When I flashed to 10.2 I did a clean flash and installed my apps fresh rather than restoring from titanium backup. Is there any way an app could cause this behavior? I'm afraid I am at a bit of a loss at this point.

Does anybody else have similar trouble with bluetooth or otherwise have a suggestion as to how this might be fixed?

Thanks!

kwdan

May 1, 2011
Redford mi
Am I the only one having substantial issues with bluetooth? Starting in mid July (I'm not sure which specific build) with 10.1 and continuing with 10.2 from 8/16, I get a condition where bluetooth becomes unstable and disconnects. Sometimes I can't get it to come back at all, even by rebooting the phone, but then if I try an hour later it's fine for a while. This happens with both my bluetooth headphones and my car stereo, so I don't think it's related to the source device.

Since I originally had this issue, I have replaced my phone, so I am convinced that this is not a hardware problem. When I flashed to 10.2 I did a clean flash and installed my apps fresh rather than restoring from titanium backup. Is there any way an app could cause this behavior? I'm afraid I am at a bit of a loss at this point.

Does anybody else have similar trouble with bluetooth or otherwise have a suggestion as to how this might be fixed?

Thanks!

I also have a few Bluetooth issues,but nothing too bad for me though .

aclem08

Oct 22, 2010
10.2 is amazing it's so smooth and data is working really well. The only issue I have is I can't figure out how to enable the three dot menu overflow button. In 10.1 I think it was under interface but I can't find it anywhere now. Any suggestions?

Joey121215

May 9, 2010
10.2 is amazing it's so smooth and data is working really well. The only issue I have is I can't figure out how to enable the three dot menu overflow button. In 10.1 I think it was under interface but I can't find it anywhere now. Any suggestions?

I believe it's under hardware buttons in setting/system. I'm on PAC now though, so I can't confirm

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Appears to be gone. Why do you need it? Just assign a hardware button to menu.

NeoteriX

Jan 28, 2008
Confirmed that I have a brick. Fortunately I have TEP insurance so it's still going to be expensive, but it could be worse. Filed a claim and should have a new phone early next week. I may not be so quick to point to the 8/15 ROM as the issue, but it does seem awfully strange. Maybe it was just my phone's time to die.
I might be ignorant, but it's not free with TEP?

RandomTask76

Jun 21, 2010
Fix for Microphone Issue

First of all, thanks Deck for an amazing ROM. This has been my daily driver for over a year.

Like several others, I've been having microphone issues for months. People complained that I sounded far away, both using the handset microphone and using my Klipsch S4A headphones. Eventually it got so bad that my microphones stopped working all together - whether I was using the handset on speakerphone or otherwise, and also with my headphones. The only way my mic would work was via bluetooth (I have a Beats by Dre Pill). I'll also note that when my mics went out completely, my the button on my headphone that's used to pause and play music and answer and hang-up calls stopped working.

I tried the build.prop fix (which seemed to work for some) with no luck. I also tried toggling 'Dial pad touch tones' and 'Touch sounds' in Settings>Sounds - no dice there either. Next I started flashing Sense-based ROMs and other AOSP-based ROMs. The only ROM that helped was MeanROM ICS v1.2, which allowed the mic to work when on speaker (it used the top mic) and when using my Klipsch headset. The bottom mic still didn't work. As a note, I always do full wipes (superwipe and then manually wipe cache, dalvik, factory reset, system, android secure) at least once before flashing.

Since an old Sense ROM was the only thing that worked, I figured I'd try on old CM10 ROM. I flashed CM10 (cm-10-20120831-UNOFFICIAL-jewel) and this made my microphone work again - both using the regular headset and on speakerphone (though my headphones didn't work at all when in calls - both audio and mic). I then did a full wipe and flashed the latest CM10.1 at that time (20130723-UNOFFICIAL). The mic still worked, headset and on speakerphone, but headphones still didn't work at all.

I've been using it for a week now, and over the last couple of days I've started to have intermittent issues with mic volume again, but it still works and people can always hear me - even if I do sound far away occasionally. I'm still on 20130723 and haven't tried to flash any new ROMs yet. The button on my Klipsch headset still doesn't work, despite installing their app and toggling all necessary settings.

I figured I'd share this in case it can help someone else or aid in a fix within future versions of the ROM itself. I was almost to the point of buying an HTC One before I found this 'fix.'

Specs: S-ON, HBOOT 1.12, TWRP 2.4.3.

[Update]: Microphone is working great on 10.2 (20130816) - even with headphones.
[Update]: Mic problems ended up coming back after a few weeks. Went back to latest RUU and the problems persisted so I wrote it off as a hardware issue. Already grabbed a new (used) phone, rooted, S-OFF, and flashed the latest 10.2. All is well with the mic(s).

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    These builds will always have some fixes not currently in the nightlies when released. Once fixes are confirmed, they will be merged into the main repos.

Check gerrit and Github.

New:
    fixed foreground apps closing.
    foaf.

Not Working:
    mhl / hdmi output.

Please do not flash if you dont know what you are doing or atleast until OP is redone with proper instructions and whatnot.

*Note*
    calm down and relax.

Download:
    http://d-h.st/12p

Gapps:
    http://d-h.st/AZF

Nightlies: - on hold.
    http://get.cm

all source is on cyanogenmod's and/or my github for the device tree and kernel.
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/
    https://github.com/kushdeck/

follow me on twitter @kushdeck for the latest and most up to date progress.
    -deck

Donations are VERY much appreciated.
    deck
    toastcfh

irc.freenode.net
    #htc-evo-4g-lte | #htc-evo-3d | #dev-host

Please show your support and click thanks below on 2nd post as well. toastcfh is teh man!
    yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11ONEone
    When is he going to get HDMI output working? This is ridiculous. It's been months since he brought this out and yet he can't get one of the core functions working? I get it: don't tell the developer what to do, it's harder than you think, it's a ton of work, yada yada yada, but why is this so difficult? He hasn't even explained why it can't be done, and yet it's the biggest missing feature of this ROM. Get started on it already!

never now thanks to you. have a good one, and please dont use or support my work. thanks.
    bump! happy easter. find the eggs in the OP.

-deck
    Re: [2-9-13][ROM] CM10.1 for the evoLTE (jewel)

If you get a chance feel free to send me a pm with that hott stuff :D:thumbup:

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Nah I'll just post it here ;)

http://d-h.st/lkq