4 Way Multiwindows for Galaxy Tab S! (Root Req)

Search This thread

Itchiee

Sep 30, 2007
Somewhere Else
This was the greatest hack for the Samsung Note 2014 which was lifted from the 12" Samsung tablets...

You'll need to have root.....

Download the tools.zip file below:
Inside are 3 files:

com.sec.feature.multiwindow.freestylelaunch
com.sec.feature.multiwindow.quadview
com.sec.feature.multiwindow.scaleapp

Place these three files in System/Etc/Permissions with the permissions of rw-r--r-- and reboot

Next download MW Apps Manager from the Play Store to add more multiwindow apps
- Add the programs you'll want to multitask with (some work better then others), save then reboot

Winning tablet!

(credits)
These files were originally provided by Samsung for use on their tablets.
To xperiacle for creating MultiWindow PLUS which these files are pulled from.
And to thachosenone for creating a zip file of the above persons work.

Attachments

• multiview.jpg
    multiview.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 13,101
  • Tools.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 4,466
Last edited:

narvel

Jun 30, 2010
I gave this a try and for the most part it is working on my 8.4 S. An issue I see in comparison to your screenshot is that I do not have the "blue-dot." When I open a window it opens just like a window. Did I set something up incorrectly?

Reactions: AlienDroid

Itchiee

Sep 30, 2007
Somewhere Else
I dunno, if you did what was listed then no. Perhaps the 8.4 is setup differently then the 10.5? It would be nice if others can give this a try to confirm.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

will6316

Mar 11, 2008
I gave this a try and for the most part it is working on my 8.4 S. An issue I see in comparison to your screenshot is that I do not have the "blue-dot." When I open a window it opens just like a window. Did I set something up incorrectly?

I have the 8.4. I think that set up is different as I have no problems. I get the blue dot. I think youre in windows view not multi view.

Reactions: Itchiee

David.Dunbar

Nov 3, 2012
Houston
Fantastic! I donated to the MWM developer and requested Tab S support and it's here in quads! I see no reason to research tablets further as a 32GB version of the Tab S is now in radar lock.

thachosenone

Dec 20, 2010
This was the greatest hack for the Samsung Note 2014 which was lifted from the 12" Samsung tablets...

Download the Quad-Multi file below
Inside are 3 files:

Place these three files in System/Etc/Permissions with the permissions of rw-r--r-- and reboot

- Add the programs you'll want to multitask with (some work better then others), save then reboot

Winning tablet!

All credit and inspiration belongs to this thread which made it possible.
I'd be nice to get the proper credit. Check where you got it. I was the one who posted the zip

lair@nc.rr.com

Sep 7, 2011
How to get the four windows?

Got root. Changed permissions. Put files where directed. Have multiwindow app. Rebooted.

But...how do you get more than two windows? Dragging a third or fourth app from Multiwindow toolbar does not seem to work for me.

A bit of help, please! Thanks.

thachosenone

Dec 20, 2010
If you're rooted, you don't need multi window plus, just install xposed framework, and wanam xposed. Wanam xposed has the option to add things in multi window.

lair@nc.rr.com

Sep 7, 2011
I have Multi WIndow App manager, but when I tried to install Multiwindow Plus, it gave me an error saying it was not compatible with my ROM. I see where it had the four window option, but it just would not install (tried several times)

Will the four windows pop up automatically? Do I start with two and then drag more on the screen, or what?

BTW, I did copy the files to the folder and then changed permissions to rw-r-r, and then did reboot.

I will try the other methodology, but still was wondering why I could not get this to work as in the directions.

Recheck your work, if not then try again.

Apply permissions once the files are in place, reboot.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab S

Itchiee

Sep 30, 2007
Somewhere Else
You wouldn't need the multiwindow plus app if you just installed these files.
You'll only need the app manager to add more apps to the sidebar.

Roll it all back and start over

lordnorth4

Jul 23, 2014
You wouldn't need the multiwindow plus app if you just installed these files.
You'll only need the app manager to add more apps to the sidebar.

Roll it all back and start over

I just got my Galaxy Tab S 10.5 and have read a few posts online saying people had mixed success with rooting. I would really like to avoid bricking my device. Does anyone have explicit instructions that they have done to root their galaxy tab s 10.5? Perhaps this is not the right thread, but I can't seem to find it on the forum.

Thanks in advance

Reactions: Soundwave_Rider

Itchiee

Sep 30, 2007
Somewhere Else
I just got my Galaxy Tab S 10.5 and have read a few posts online saying people had mixed success with rooting. I would really like to avoid bricking my device. Does anyone have explicit instructions that they have done to root their galaxy tab s 10.5? Perhaps this is not the right thread, but I can't seem to find it on the forum.

Thanks in advance

Here is the thread you need with instructions:
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-s/development/root-cf-autoroot-t800-t2802916

Reactions: The Poetic Vampire

WarLion

Jan 4, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Hey guys I can't find Apps Manager on the store I'm from mexico and is a pain in the arsh to fins somethimes apps
Any help with the link

Edit never mind guys I found it thanks work great thanks a lot

ghjZ53C.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jonho77

xdafox

Mar 1, 2014
Wow! Wow! Wow! (Kate Bush theme song)

Wow! Its unbelievable.

Brilliant trick. I can understand why they limit this - the RAM requirements for 4 apps may exceed what devices have when they have <2GB RAM. Having 3GB RAM was a great decision (by me ! when I decided to go for the tab-s).

Now I can enjoy having lots of windows to stare out of.

Superb work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Download the tools.zip file below:
    Inside are 3 files:

Winning tablet!

(credits)
    These files were originally provided by Samsung for use on their tablets.
    To xperiacle for creating MultiWindow PLUS which these files are pulled from.
    And to thachosenone for creating a zip file of the above persons work.
    Hi,

Thank you for this trick.
    I just made a flashable zip with zipme app from playstore.

Tried it and flashed well with TWRP.
    Any chance on this being updated when lollipop comes out? Thanks!

Pssst.... Guess what? This mod still works on Lollipop! :good:

Download the Quad-Multi file below
    Inside are 3 files:

Winning tablet!

All credit and inspiration belongs to this thread which made it possible.
    I'd be nice to get the proper credit. Check where you got it. I was the one who posted the zip