• Thread starter Deleted member 4914386
  • Start date

polfrank

Jul 5, 2012
Göteborg
Simple way to Root without installing TWRP recovery...
Tested on Redmi note 8 Pro Global V11.0.1.0-V11.0.2.0 PFGEUXM Android 9
This simple guide requires unlocked bootloader and usb/adb drivers to be installed.
Don't do stupid things and push your lucky to the edge... Be careful and wise with system files and Magisk modules. This TUT for Root not for untested Magisk modules or some testing purposes. Coz I'm not responsible for any demaged or bricked phones :)

1. Download - [TOOL]Minimal ADB and Fastboot(Windows) link and extract.
2. Download Magisk patched boot.img link and copy/move boot.img to extracted ADB and Fastboot folder.
3. Run cmd-here.exe file and put following command fastboot flash boot boot.img and then fastboot reboot.
4. Let device boot and install Magisk manager GitHub link or Xda link.

If you want go back to stock boot.img or got in bootloop here's untouched boot.img from V11.0.1.0PGGEUXM link just
flash with same command in fastboot fastboot flash boot boot.img and you're good to go.

Uploading full rom BEGONIA EEAGlobal_V11.0.1.0.PGGEUXM_32d149b6de_9.0...

Credits: @shimp208 and @topjohnwu
Will this work on Chinese device with PGGEUXM rom?

polfrank

Jul 5, 2012
Göteborg
Hey! I tried this method on my Chinese device with MiUI Global 11.0.2.0 installed, but it failed. After fastboot reboot the phone tries to boot once but after some seconds at the "Redmi Note 8 pro" logo, it reboots to recovery.

The same happened earlier, when I tried to install Magisk through TWRP.

Did you try this method yourself on a Chinese device?

polfrank

Jul 5, 2012
Göteborg
Did you flash Global rom on Miui 10 or 11? Did you got/installed OTA without problems?
Some strange behavior with all these bootloops...
I have installed otas successfully generally.

I have tried rooting both with stock global MiUI 10 or 11 (either with your method or through LRT TWRP) and it fails to boot and reboots to recovery.

I have tried format data + remove force encrypt and then root through TWRP and it succeeds. Phone is then rooted but without encryption, which is a no go for me.

I have tried rooting the xiaomi.eu rom earlier and it succeeds, without losing encryption.

I am so curious though. Why does global device + global rom can be rooted without losing encryption, while Chinese device + chinese/global rom leads to bootloop?