Question 40W Charger not working

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think this one does not have PPS.
    If you're not testing your charger with a usb C meter of some sort, you're almost certainly not getting 30W.

These pixels appear to have an apple style restriction on chargers. Something many people are missing is that not all PPS chargers are created equally. Google specifies 21v whereas most of the pps chargers on the market top out at 11v.

I've tried 3 different 65W 11v PPS chargers and they all top out at 18-20W.

I then specifically bought a 21v capable charger and still it tops out at 18-20W.

I'm extremely disappointed Google decided to take this anti consumer approach. The chargers I have tried are by all means technologically superior to Google's charger in every way and yet this arbitrary restriction means I'm forced to buy Google's if I want 30W charging.

I can include links/photos/videos if anyone is curious.
    If the Pixel needs exactly 21V at 1.5A or 11V at 3A, the latter of which my Warp Charge 65T should be able to do, that seems to break the promise of PPS.

The whole point of PPS is the handshake between phone and charger to negotiate the fastest possible speed that both support. The voltage is supposed to be variable, not one or two stepping stones and that's it.
    If the Pixel needs exactly 21V at 1.5A or 11V at 3A, the latter of which my Warp Charge 65T should be able to do, that seems to break the promise of PPS.

The whole point of PPS is the handshake between phone and charger to negotiate the fastest possible speed that both support. The voltage is supposed to be variable, not one or two stepping stones and that's it.
    Exactly this, couldn't agree more. I've contacted google about it and they simply said "we don't comment on third party chargers" and then they recommended I buy the official one. Piss off lol.
    I did some basic comparison between the Samsung 25w Travel Adaptor with PPS and my other QC/PD chargers
    The Samsung PPS averaged 2.9A charge rate and average temp 23.5c degrees
    For the other chargers:
    USB-C ports managed around 3/3.1A and 29c
    USB-A port managed around 1A and 26c

So, it seems that whilst the PPS may not give the highest charge rate, the battery stays a relatively cool - around 13% cooler than the 1A rate and 26% cooler than the 3.1A rate.

For reference the other chargers were:
    Tronsmart U5P (60w multiport charger)
    Q34U2Q CHOETECH USB C PD charger.
    Tronsmart W2PTU with USB-C port