[4g fix] on Fulmics Rom for verizon VS985

Search This thread

akki7636

Apr 5, 2015
Hisar
Four things to note before proceeding...

1. This only works for users having vs985 model outside the US or not on verizon network.

2. I'm beginner im not responsible for any harm to your phone , I'm just sharing what i did to attain 4g services.

3. May be you already know all the things in the post but it can be useful for beginners like me .

4. Sorry for the english as its not my native language.

So Hi guys i installed this rom and as usually i was not getting any 4G or lte network.
Then i go to my network provider's website to check on which Band or frequency 4g services are active. ( for this i just googled 'idea 4g band' and i am redirected to my network provider's website. Here 'idea' is the name of network provider.)
So i found that in my region 4g services are active on Band3
Different careers use different Bands to provide 4g services such as band40 , band17 etc

Then i go to phone's hidden menu by the Advanced Menu of Fulmics Tweaks.
In hidden menu i select Modem Protocol > LTE Band Selection
There i select Band3 but i got "Fail' message on screen , however when i select band4 it gave me a 'success' message.
It means on my phone band4 is active but not band3.
All this information of Bands are stored in Modem or Bootstack section of our phone.
May be fulmics rom is having a band concerned with international rom So now i need a modem on which Band3 can be activated by going to hidden menu.
So i just flashed 35b Bootstack compiled by @xdabbeb.
Which can be found in this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-lg-g3/development/xdabbeb-s-vs980-2-0-0-t3231279

After flashing when i tried to select band3 in hidden menu it gave a 'success' message . It means Band3 is activated on my phone. And now when i searched for all networks in Networks Menu of Phone Setting. I got my network listed and i successfully registered on it. And got 4G NETWORK.

So first of all you should know on which band your network is working and then try flashing different bootstacks on which your 4g Band can be activated.
Flashing wrong Bootstack can brick your phone

""Do not flash any bootstack above 35b. Custom roms are still not compatible with bootstacks above 35b""

You can try 24b , 12b. (But im sure only about 35b as i tried only this)

Again I'm not responsible for any harm to your phone. Use your mind and search thoroughly before taking any step.

Last edited:

mopartonyg

Jan 19, 2011
L.A. Area
Three things to note before proceeding...
1. I'm beginner im not responsible for any harm to your phone , I'm just sharing what i did to attain 4g services.

2. May be you already know all the things in the post but it can be useful for beginners like me .

3. Sorry for the english as its not my native language.

So Hi guys i installed this rom and as usually i was not getting any 4G or lte network.
Then i go to my network provider's website to check on which Band or frequency 4g services are active. ( for this i just googled 'idea 4g band' and i am redirected to my network provider's website. Here 'idea' is the name of network provider.)
Different careers use different Bands to provide 4g services such as band40 , band17 etc

There i select Band3 but i got "Fail' message on screen , however when i select band4 it gave me a 'success' message.
All this information of Bands are stored in Modem or Bootstack section of our phone.
May be fulmics rom is having a band concerned with international rom So now i need a modem on which Band3 can be activated by going to hidden menu.
Which can be found in this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-lg-g3/development/xdabbeb-s-vs980-2-0-0-t3231279

After flashing when i tried to select band3 in hidden menu it gave a 'success' message . It means Band3 is activated on my phone. And now when i searched for all networks in Networks Menu of Phone Setting. I got my network listed and i successfully registered on it. And got 4G NETWORK.

So first of all you should know on which band your network is working and then try flashing different bootstacks on which your 4g Band can be activated.

""Do not flash any bootstack above 35b. Custom roms are still not compatible with bootstacks above 35b""

Again I'm not responsible for any harm to your phone. Use your mind and search thoroughly before taking any step.

Hi there, thanks for the info. What area are you in and where did you find what band you needed? I have tried numerous times with all the bootstacks and never had consistent 4G.

akki7636

Apr 5, 2015
Hisar
@mopartonyg
I'm in India and i just checked my career's website to know which band they are using. However in USA Verizon wireless uses Band12 as Primary Band and Band2 , Band4 as Secondary band to strengthen the signal in densely populated urban area. So if you are verizon user in USA band 12,4,2 must be activated. I can't say anything about consistency as it varies from place to place. :)

Reactions: mopartonyg

TheLoonyRebel

Mar 20, 2010
Actually Verizon uses band 13 for it's primary along with bands 4 and 2. Not having any luck getting data to work on Fulmics with this method. I select band 13 and band 4 (as band 2 is not in my area) yet even with that I still can't get data at all on Verizon with Fulmics.

b00ster23

Feb 19, 2016
same boat here... actually the only band I can get working is 4. I have to assume the design of the international rom with the band they are designed around, just don't play nice with our CDMA harware/modem partition. I would suspect that the international roms would require some engineering for them to really work properly. not sure if just porting them over and chaning settings is going to get the job done. :) perhaps someone more intelligent than I could share some light, but there certainly is a conflict with how these roms communicates across the CDMA bands in the US

Sent from my VS985 4G using XDA-Developers mobile app

akki7636

Apr 5, 2015
Hisar
@b00ster23@AngryManMLS
One thing i noticed here... that only Verizon sim users are facing problem regarding 4G whereas other international users like me ( and some of my friends in China are free to select any network ). So may be verizon is creating restrictions as when i was on Stock vs985 verizon Rom ( unrooted) , i was not getting any official ota updates. It always says your software is up to date. But then i found a statement in Verizon's website that you will not get any official updates if you are not having verizon sim.
So verizon knows what Rom and what sim we are using.

Sry 4 english

SignatureBoy

Dec 26, 2014
Karachi, Pakistan
@b00ster23@AngryManMLS
One thing i noticed here... that only Verizon sim users are facing problem regarding 4G whereas other international users like me ( and some of my friends in China are free to select any network ). So may be verizon is creating restrictions as when i was on Stock vs985 verizon Rom ( unrooted) , i was not getting any official ota updates. It always says your software is up to date. But then i found a statement in Verizon's website that you will not get any official updates if you are not having verizon sim.

Sry 4 english

I agree with this statement even i am getting 4G with Warid Telecom here in Pakistan.

b00ster23

Feb 19, 2016
@b00ster23@AngryManMLS

Sry 4 english

A couple of good approaches to the issue. Although it needs to be noted 4G is directly related to the band on each carrier (VZW, TMO, etc) See Below
Carrier 4G LTE Bands Frequencies
Verizon Wireless 2, 4, 13 1900, 1700 f, 700 c
T-Mobile 2, 4, 12 1900, 1700 def, 700 a
Sprint 25, 26, 41 1900 g, 850, 2500
Europe 3, 7, 20 1800, 2600, 800

If a specific ROM cannot be set to the correct bands above, it would make sense to me that Verizon wouldn't work in Europe on a stock VZW ROM. It would not be able to use the channels in Europe.

And vice versa, that Verizon wouldn't work in the states on an international ROM in the US. Whether the Verizon SIM is blocking that band, or the design of the ROM, would be a better question for the developers.

I agree with this statement even i am getting 4G with Warid Telecom here in Pakistan.

Warid's approved devices will definitely work with Warid's LTE network. For our "Warid LTE Approved' devices please visit the "Warid's LTE devices" section. You can also purchase LTE devices that support 1800 MHz (FDD-LTE Bands 3) from other sources. However, Warid doesn't take responsibility for these devices if they do not work on Warid's LTE network http://www.waridtel.com/lte/faqs

So it makes sense that if BAND 3 works international (see above) that you get 4G :)

Reactions: akki7636

TheLoonyRebel

Mar 20, 2010
The one thing I noticed after activating bands 13 and 4 (with the proper VS985 35B bootstack) in the hidden settings is when I searched for my network under network settings it does bring up Verizon but it fails authentication. So it's like there is something missing in Fulmics ROM itself that would get it to where the ROM will work with Verizon's network. So is it a matter of lifting whatever files from say 47A/47B into Fulmics that have the Verizon VS985 specific info to get it to work perhaps?

Reactions: b00ster23

akki7636

Apr 5, 2015
Hisar
The one thing I noticed after activating bands 13 and 4 (with the proper VS985 35B bootstack) in the hidden settings is when I searched for my network under network settings it does bring up Verizon but it fails authentication. So it's like there is something missing in Fulmics ROM itself that would get it to where the ROM will work with Verizon's network. So is it a matter of lifting whatever files from say 47A/47B into Fulmics that have the Verizon VS985 specific info to get it to work perhaps?
I think now its not a matter of bootstack. Because even when Required Band is activated we can't register to the Verizon. Xpirt mentioned in a post that he is working to resolve network issues in Verizon models. We can hope that this problem will be solved in next version :) However xdabbeb shared that the 47A modem won't work without the corresponding 47A secondary bootloader (sbl1). Unfortunately, the 47A sbl1 doesn't play nice with the last bump-exploitable Android bootloader (aboot) we have from 12b. If you use that pairing, you'll put your device into 9008 bulk mode(Hard brick).

Reactions: TheLoonyRebel

TheLoonyRebel

Mar 20, 2010
I think now its not a matter of bootstack. Because even when Required Band is activated we can't register to the Verizon. Xpirt mentioned in a post that he is working to resolve network issues in Verizon models. We can hope that this problem will be solved in next version :) However xdabbeb shared that the 47A modem won't work without the corresponding 47A secondary bootloader (sbl1). Unfortunately, the 47A sbl1 doesn't play nice with the last bump-exploitable Android bootloader (aboot) we have from 12b. If you use that pairing, you'll put your device into 9008 bulk mode(Hard brick).

The good news is we do have 47A ROMs that are using the 35B modem so there is potential that Xpirt could use that as a source for a fix with the authentication issue. So @xpirt if you need anyone to beta test fixes my VS985 is ready to help!

DJRobBlaze

Mar 22, 2015
Ohio, USA
The good news is we do have 47A ROMs that are using the 35B modem so there is potential that Xpirt could use that as a source for a fix with the authentication issue. So @xpirt if you need anyone to beta test fixes my VS985 is ready to help!
This is good to hear and I second that!
Looking forward to getting it fixed and use it as my daily driver. It would totally be worth a big donation, thanks to everyone working on making this available to so many.

b00ster23

Feb 19, 2016
Great discussion towards the development of the International ROM's for our VS985. I was able to get 4G with Andy's 30A ported ROM...although the signal bars never came up on my phone, I was able to get the 4G speeds. I noticed that the APN XML was filled with Chinese... :) So for whatever reason and way, my phone was able to grab "somebody's" 4G tower. I'm hoping the RIL (Radio Interface Layer) and libraries were pulled over and perhaps this could provide some more insight to @Xspirit

akki7636

Apr 5, 2015
Hisar
Great discussion towards the development of the International ROM's for our VS985. I was able to get 4G with Andy's 30A ported ROM...although the signal bars never came up on my phone, I was able to get the 4G speeds. I noticed that the APN XML was filled with Chinese... :) So for whatever reason and way, my phone was able to grab "somebody's" 4G tower. I'm hoping the RIL (Radio Interface Layer) and libraries were pulled over and perhaps this could provide some more insight to @Xspirit
Cool buddy... I think our vs985 will be on 4g Speed very soon. :)

Reactions: rippedwarrior69

netookska05

Jan 28, 2013
Albuquerque
I am on BlackSoulxxx latest LG G3 Tekcafe v5.3 D85530A-Full G5 ROM. Here's what I did to get the bars with 4g data. I tested it out in areas where there is no cell service and in areas where there is 1x or 3g and the 4g came back. I even made a backup of the ROM wiped and installed another marshmallow aosp rom and others. I then went to restore BlackSoulxxx ROM and 4g signal still came back.

Steps I did.
1. Tot'd back to stock 10b and rooted and installed twrp.

2. Flashed LG_G3_Flash2BackupEFS.zip of the 10b rom.

3. Wiped stock 10b and flashed the 10b G3_EFS_Flashable_Restore.zip that was created from the the LG_G3_Flash2BackupEFS.zip.

4. Flashed BlackSoulxxx rom and after it booted up I had signals but not data until I entered the Verizon APN manually see picture of what to enter. If mobile network is greyed out flash 35b bootstack.

5. I entered the verizon APN and selected CDMA then global I got the 4g icon with signal bars I changed the icon with a buildprop edit.

I just don't get signals while in 1x or 3g but data does work still and it will get 4g again if your in a 4g area. The phone does say T-CDMA 64. Here's a https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-EyVOQK1xDAa0VmbERXcUlrV1U/view?usp=sharing to change it to Verizon Wireless courtesy of @xpirt.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-07-08-14-40-04.png
    Screenshot_2016-07-08-14-40-04.png
    193.3 KB · Views: 1,687
  • Screenshot_2016-07-08-14-39-30.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-07-08-14-39-30.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 1,645
  • Screenshot_2016-07-08-14-49-19-1.png
    Screenshot_2016-07-08-14-49-19-1.png
    162.7 KB · Views: 1,685
Last edited:

b00ster23

Feb 19, 2016
I am on BlackSoulxxx latest LG G3 Tekcafe v5.3 D85530A-Full G5 ROM. Here's what I did to get the bars with 4g data. I tested it out in areas where there is no cell service and in areas where there is 1x or 3g and the 4g came back. I even made a backup of the ROM wiped and installed another marshmallow aosp rom and others. I then went to restore BlackSoulxxx ROM and 4g signal still came back.

Steps I did.
1. Tot'd back to stock 12b and rooted and installed twrp.

2. Flashed LG_G3_Flash2BackupEFS.zip of the 12b rom.

3. Wiped stock 12b and flashed the 12b G3_EFS_Flashable_Restore.zip that was created from the the LG_G3_Flash2BackupEFS.zip.

4. Flashed BlackSoulxxx rom and after it booted up I had signals but not data until I entered the Verizon APN manually see picture of what to enter. If mobile network is greyed out flash 35b bootstack.

5. I entered the verizon APN and selected CDMA then global I got the 4g icon with signal bars I changed the icon with a buildprop edit.

I just don't get signals while in 1x or 3g but data does work still and it will get 4g again if your in a 4g area. The phone does say T-CDMA 64. Here's a https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-EyVOQK1xDAa0VmbERXcUlrV1U/view?usp=sharing to change it to Verizon Wireless courtesy of @xpirt.
Great job posting your step by step instructions. I've been able to achieve all of the same on a host of international ROMS however with a couple of caveots. I can either have SMS/MMS working properly, or break SMS/MMS and have internet with signal bars. Question about the file above. This will just modify the header, or will it specifically put you on the Verizon network?

netookska05

Jan 28, 2013
Albuquerque
Great job posting your step by step instructions. I've been able to achieve all of the same on a host of international ROMS however with a couple of caveots. I can either have SMS/MMS working properly, or break SMS/MMS and have internet with signal bars. Question about the file above. This will just modify the header, or will it specifically put you on the Verizon network?

It'll change just the ROM from saying T-CDMA 64 to Verizon Wireless for Verizon users (VS985).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Four things to note before proceeding...

1. This only works for users having vs985 model outside the US or not on verizon network.

2. I'm beginner im not responsible for any harm to your phone , I'm just sharing what i did to attain 4g services.

3. May be you already know all the things in the post but it can be useful for beginners like me .

4. Sorry for the english as its not my native language.

For anyone following this thread, with Fulmics 6.0 now released, I'm curious if anyone would like to work with me bringing stability to the VS985 inside and outside of the US. I'm on VZW, and I've currently moved away from the Fulmics ROM as it was getting too muddy. I've done some tweaking and was able to achieve 4G with calling, but had lost 3G connectivity. I've tweaked the build.prop and now have achieved 4G and 3G connectivity on VZW. I'm getting 1 error when dialing out stating "Can't find your country" So I'm hashing thru.... Anyone interested ?
    @b00ster23@AngryManMLS

Sry 4 english

With the latest 6.0 update I was able to achieve 4G on the Verizon SIM here in the states. You can find the post in the fulmics thread.

Yes and LTE issues as well

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Well, not sure I would say that the issues have been "fixed" Default clean install gave me the following error when trying call. Similar as before, I can have data or I can have calling, just can't seem to get both going together. I will try the install again, and apply a few other tweaks. FTR...I'm using a VZW SIM in the US. (Yes, I flashed the 35B bootstack) ;)

EDIT #1
    Was able to get SMS/Voice working together by switching to CDMA+LTE/EVDO mode. However, MMS still is not functioning... Will try GLOBAL and tweak the VZW APN and report back

EDIT #2
    GLOBAL mode allows voice to work and SMS as well. MMS fails with "Message not sent: invalid destination address" Have to assume the MMS PORT and MMSC address are not set correctly in the APN. Will continue to test and report back.

EDIT#3
    I've changed the APN settings, as well GLOBAL vs. CDMA/LTE, etc The best case scenario I can achieve is that I can get voice/internet/sms/MMS RX. I still cannot TX MMS... Extremely close here and it does appear that the APN settings are hard coded. @xpirit if we could hard code the MMS settings into the current APN, we may have a good chance of 100% operational.

EDIT #4
    Although I stand behind my original findings in EDIT#3....I did find a work around. The stock app will not send MMS...in addition neither will Google's SMS app from the playStore. However, I can finally say SUCCESS.!!!! Textra will TX and RX MMS/SMS Also, my current settings will allow 4G signal and voice calls. I can post all of my settings if anyone is interested. But the biggest key is to use a different SMS app, like Textra... I'm thinking of now opening another thread specifically for the VS985 variant and tweaks necessary for Verizon services and apps. Please let me know if anyone is interested.

EDIT #5
    I thought I would put a step by step instructions list of the things I did to be successful. Perhaps this will assist in some of the longer search times.

1.) Wipe
    2.) Flash Fulmics 6.0 zip
    3.) Flash BlueTooth Fix here https://mega.nz/#!6N1TiYJL!JuQlv0H4fX2WZoZwqWGvDxeJeHvbhtDx7K1ZfSCv-T0 from @xpirit fix posted here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=68236373&postcount=16041
    4.) Flash the 35B bootstack here from https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347843993 from @xdabbeb http://forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-lg-g3/development/xdabbeb-s-vs980-2-0-0-t3231279
    5.) Replace the APN attached-set perms on the file, like the rest of the files located in system/etc. Reset APN to default in Mobile Networks and choose the first APN option. Set to GLOBAL.- REBOOT You may need to add an APN and set the MMS port to 80.
    6.) Install 3rd party SMS app that allows MMS sends, as the stock SMS/MMS app is not able to send MMS at this time. I used Textra....

Steps I did.
    1. Tot'd back to stock 10b and rooted and installed twrp.

2. Flashed LG_G3_Flash2BackupEFS.zip of the 10b rom.

3. Wiped stock 10b and flashed the 10b G3_EFS_Flashable_Restore.zip that was created from the the LG_G3_Flash2BackupEFS.zip.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone