• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

4g/LTE help on PX5 w/Android 10

Search This thread

scrilla

May 18, 2007
Looking for some help. I have a ZTE MF833V that works great w/my Mint (tmobile) SIM when plugged into a Win10 PC. I'm having trouble getting it recognized on my IB80A4AL (octa core 64GB android 10). I've tried a few things, and where I am at presently is I have tried to root the head unit. SuperSU reports its not rooted, but after following these instructions here:

I was able to get connected via ADB over wifi, copy the files, and change ownership of the directories listed. PPP widget 3 pops up and says it sees the ZTE modem and asks if I want to use it, and no longer says I need root access, but it errors out with "could not determine system device path for modem" in the logs. I'm outdated in regards to rooting procedures, what is/isn't possible/working in the current android arena, so I apologize for the spotty post. Just hoping someone might guide me to a link, or have some suggestions on the right direction to go to get this USB modem to be detected as a 4g connection device. I also tried kingoroot with no luck. I thought if I could get TWRP loaded, maybe I could try SuperSU or Magisk, but figured I better ask for guidance at this point before I brick something.

Thanks for any help.

scrilla

May 18, 2007
Been reading some more, appears maybe I have missed a step, and wound up down a rabbit hole:

Going to play around with changing the connection mode in DC unlocker and see what happens.

scrilla

May 18, 2007
Making progress. Plugging in the modem now, the head unit is recognized and I get the little "cell connectivity" icon. Only issue now is that it is staying solid blue, indicating its connected to the LTE network, but not transferring any data. Any idea what I might be missing at this point?

Thanks

FransUrbo

Jul 26, 2021
Bristol, UK
I have one with WiFi on it, it only takes power through USB.. It worked fine for me, however I had the same issue as you - it wouldn't download anything.

There's a setting in Android somewhere which say that it won't download anything on WiFi or 3/4G etc. I just set it to "Always allow" or similar..

I can go look for the exact setting if you need, but that should keep you busy for a while, looking for it :D.