4g LTE may not work above Android 8.1

Search This thread

Dogshome

Oct 27, 2021
Hi all, after much flashing of various firmwares via adb, twerp etc I can answer many open threads about non functional LTE 4g on this device.

Crdroid, lineage etc based on 8.1 work. 10 or 11 generally do not. A clean install has never given functional mobile data for me on three or O2.

Performing a sequential flash of lineage 15, then 18, then gapps using twerp "add more" in one go always results in fully functional 4g.

I hope this helps someone still using these old phones.

Last edited:

Dogshome

Oct 27, 2021
Sequential flashing does fix it. The phone has been off, in aircraft mode and generally I tried hard to break it! Its on LTE as I edit this post. :)

You must have noticed this bug before with so many firmwares? Thank you for them, by the way. Much appreciated - using 18.1 at the moment.

robin0800

Jan 22, 2012
Brighton
Sequential flashing does fix it. The phone has been off, in aircraft mode and generally I tried hard to break it! Its on LTE as I edit this post. :)

You must have noticed this bug before with so many firmwares? Thank you for them, by the way. Much appreciated - using 18.1 at the moment.
I did sequential flash it thats why it worked after the first boot but disabling data broke it.

Dogshome

Oct 27, 2021
Strange. If I do a complete wipe and install 18.1 (or17.x or 16.x), 4G never works. Only 15 works every single time....... oh...... poop! I just noticed a typo in my top post!!! Corrected now. 15.1, 15.1.....

Sequential flash 15.1 (8.1) then 18.1 (11)....... 8.1 being the original for the fox.

I just did another wipe and sequential flash again and 4G is happy.

Attachments

• wileyflash.GIF
    wileyflash.GIF
    12.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Dogshome

Oct 27, 2021
I've also noticed the occasional touch screen freeze that the Swift has (I've got two) is almost non-existent on Android 11. Booting from power off state has the occasional hiccup, but apart from that it runs very smoothly.

I had a couple of HTCs and Samsung S5 Mini flashed with Cyanogen when the phones were old in the past. The S5 memory was the limiting factor, but it worked well here and abroad. HTC was always a bit scrappy. This Swift 2 is still usable for the general stuff I use a mobile for and less likely to virus attack (which is why I upgraded the firmware in the first place).

Firmware for Android is always a bit mysterious and based on hands on experience for me. Raspberry Pi clones likewise. All good fun.