4G not working

Search This thread

wsoxfan1214

Jan 7, 2013
So. My 4G data (Sprint, S4. Rooted, but stock ROM and such) stopped working. Updated PRL and Profile. It works for a minute and stops. Restore backup. It works then stops after 5 mins. Update prl and profile in the Sprint app, it works and then stops 1 minute later.

Did a factory reset (still rooted) and it worked for a while. Came home, connected to wifi. Decide to try it now and it's out.

I also had the hotspot mod installed. Used it a bit last night.

Could it be the hotspot mod or root? Or an app issue?

Burtonrider

Jun 6, 2013
Chicago
So. My 4G data (Sprint, S4. Rooted, but stock ROM and such) stopped working. Updated PRL and Profile. It works for a minute and stops. Restore backup. It works then stops after 5 mins. Update prl and profile in the Sprint app, it works and then stops 1 minute later.

Did a factory reset (still rooted) and it worked for a while. Came home, connected to wifi. Decide to try it now and it's out.

I also had the hotspot mod installed. Used it a bit last night.

Could it be the hotspot mod or root? Or an app issue?

Oh good, I'm not the only one! Happened to me today as well, exact same setup (rooted, stock ROM, hotspot mod). I also factory reset and got it working again, but mine is still connecting, it's just slow as ****.

If you find a reason/solution elsewhere, please LMK.

wsoxfan1214

Jan 7, 2013
If it matters, I am now showing as Custom in status and in download mode.

To above, are you as well?

I unrooted. Going to factory reset now. Is there any way to get back to stock recovery?

Edit: Also, to above: do you have TWRP installed as well?

Last edited:

nicotheandroidguy

Dec 4, 2012
Los Angeles
To get back to stock recovery flash the recovery.IMG from the development forum with Odin. What stock firmware are you on MDC or MDL?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda premium

wsoxfan1214

Jan 7, 2013
To get back to stock recovery flash the recovery.IMG from the development forum with Odin. What stock firmware are you on MDC or MDL?

MDL. Updated in the Sprint store at first. I can't find the file for MDL. I assume I would place it in... PDA? Which slot in odin?

So now that I'm unrooted, I would flash that first? Is there a stock MDL to flash?

In other words, on MDL, can I just use the one click MDC package after unrooting to go back to that? It appears that it restores stock recovery too.

Last edited:

nicotheandroidguy

Dec 4, 2012
Los Angeles
Here is a link to stock recovery http://d-h.st/Ube flash in Odin use the pda option auto reboot and f reset time. Then boot in to recovery by powering off and holding power and volume up until you see recovery booting in the left corner then let go. Then do a factory reset and cache wipe. If all else fails once booted up in android dial ##72786# it will reactivate your phone it fixed some of my connectivity issues.

wsoxfan1214

Jan 7, 2013
Here is a link to stock recovery http://d-h.st/Ube flash in Odin use the pda option auto reboot and f reset time. Then boot in to recovery by powering off and holding power and volume up until you see recovery booting in the left corner then let go. Then do a factory reset and cache wipe. If all else fails once booted up in android dial ##72786# it will reactivate your phone it fixed some of my connectivity issues.

And how do I wipe the cache in stock recovery?

nicotheandroidguy

Dec 4, 2012
Los Angeles
You will still be on mdl and to reroot use the cf auto root method found here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2291827

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

In recovery use volume keys to move up and down make sure wipe cache is highlighted then press power to start the process.

wsoxfan1214

Jan 7, 2013
You will still be on mdl and to reroot use the cf auto root method found here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2291827

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

In recovery use volume keys to move up and down make sure wipe cache is highlighted then press power to start the process.

Okay, will try and report back. Will a factory reset likely reverse what the hotspot mod did or no?

nicotheandroidguy

Dec 4, 2012
Los Angeles
Yes it will. If you don't want to just dial ##72786# and it will reactivate your phone that could fix it try that first if that fails do the factory reset and dial that again to reactivate it.

Reactions: mrzood

nicotheandroidguy

Dec 4, 2012
Los Angeles
Then you don't need stock recovery just do a factory reset cache wipe and then once it boots dial ##72786# to reactivate the phone again after the setup process. Odin doesn't flash. Img files sorry for the confussion.

wsoxfan1214

Jan 7, 2013
Then you don't need stock recovery just do a factory reset cache wipe and then once it boots dial ##72786# to reactivate the phone again after the setup process. Odin doesn't flash. Img files sorry for the confussion.

Alright, I'll do this and then report back tomorrow as to whether 4G is working.

eskomo

May 13, 2008
Michigan
Bad phone bud. I don't think it's hotspot mod or root. Just a bad radio most likely.

Sent from my SGS4.

Last edited:

eskomo

May 13, 2008
Michigan
Same areas? Maybe towers are going through maintenance. I know my tower near my house did. I was at dinner in a high 4g signal area and I only had1 bar of 3g. Very unusual for this area. As I left the restaurant it took forever to update to more bars and wouldn't connect to 4g for a few miles. Same issue? Idk. I'm in Michigan. I do know towers are still under testing phase here. Maybe for you guys too? Just because you have 4g doesn't mean the tower is official and out of test phase.

Sent from my SGS4. Go Blue!! Buck the Fuc keyes!!

Reactions: amwworks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes it will. If you don't want to just dial ##72786# and it will reactivate your phone that could fix it try that first if that fails do the factory reset and dial that again to reactivate it.

Same areas? Maybe towers are going through maintenance. I know my tower near my house did. I was at dinner in a high 4g signal area and I only had1 bar of 3g. Very unusual for this area. As I left the restaurant it took forever to update to more bars and wouldn't connect to 4g for a few miles. Same issue? Idk. I'm in Michigan. I do know towers are still under testing phase here. Maybe for you guys too? Just because you have 4g doesn't mean the tower is official and out of test phase.

Sent from my SGS4. Go Blue!! Buck the Fuc keyes!!