• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

General 4k/60fps with gcam

Search This thread

craftandbuild

May 14, 2015
I have very good news. I spent a few hours "playing" with Gcam. I was able to turn on stabilization at 60 fps in FHD and 4K resolutions - main camera. I made a few more improvements for better photo quality. If you want to enjoy video stabilization:
1. Install the latest version of BSG. I used this: https://1-dontsharethislink.celsoazevedo.com/file/filesc/MGC_8.1.101_A9_GVy_ENG.apk
2. Change Gcam settings with my file arkadia_Gcam_settings.xml
This works for me on global miui!
So whats the verdict???

Has anyone tried Hardware info apps to see what the sensor is reporting??
I have both X3 Pro and F3, want to open one and sell other
I tried device info hw and it shows imx582_i. I have no idea from where that is read though. It might just be that they used whichever of the two sensors was cheaper, if the only difference is the max 4k framerate.

Reactions: ollie2012

ollie2012

May 26, 2014
I tried device info hw and it shows imx582_i. I have no idea from where that is read though. It might just be that they used whichever of the two sensors was cheaper, if the only difference is the max 4k framerate.
yeah you have to trust what the vendor (sony is putting into their hardware in reporting to android)

Sony clearly improved the IMX582 but they just want to lock the fps to force OEM's in buying more expensive hardware

If you can unlock the fps, thats great!!!

So which do I open??? Poco X3 Pro or Poco F3???? No SD card is a bummer

EDIT: i Would prefer 1080p 960fps or 360fps though, 4k is a bit like 5G at the moment

Last edited:

biopuerto

Jun 15, 2010
I have very good news. I spent a few hours "playing" with Gcam. I was able to turn on stabilization at 60 fps in FHD and 4K resolutions - main camera. I made a few more improvements for better photo quality. If you want to enjoy video stabilization:
1. Install the latest version of BSG. I used this: https://1-dontsharethislink.celsoazevedo.com/file/filesc/MGC_8.1.101_A9_GVy_ENG.apk

Sample photos and video with my settings. Of course, to see them in original quality, you need to download them to your computer.
Link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1XaZGahpfqDgPyTn6nfptoevUk2COmQc2?usp=sharing

Awesome job, congrats.
I really impressed with the quality for video and picts.
Do you mind if i share your improvements to Spanish forum?

Best regards

XpellCZ

Aug 22, 2016
Prague
Xiaomi Poco F3

arkadia_1969

Apr 4, 2017
Awesome job, congrats.
I really impressed with the quality for video and picts.
Do you mind if i share your improvements to Spanish forum?

Best regards
You can share with whoever you want. I'm glad you like my job and that I can help. I only focused on the rear cameras. I didn't deal with the selfie camera because I don't use it on a daily basis. Have a nice day.
Send some nice photo from warm Spain :)
Unfortunately, in Poland, where I live, it is still cold :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Neronivs

manisa236

Nov 10, 2006
Den Haag
Great work! Thank you. What did you do to enable EIS? To my eyes attached config file has slightly better dynamic range and details but EIS does not work. I'm using GVx_libs (libs are set to default Google). EIS works with your config file.

Attachments

• mgcgvxlibs2.xml
    10.9 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: Perru

Jing Arjay87

Feb 23, 2018

Sample photos and video with my settings. Of course, to see them in original quality, you need to download them to your computer.
Link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1XaZGahpfqDgPyTn6nfptoevUk2COmQc2?usp=sharing
Nice! 4k60 works stabilization is looking pretty good, autofocus is not great though. Have you managed to get 1080p60 with the ultrawide?(IMX355) not sure if hardware supports it though,there's no data sheet for this sensor.

Jing Arjay87

Feb 23, 2018
So whats the verdict???

Has anyone tried Hardware info apps to see what the sensor is reporting??
I have both X3 Pro and F3, want to open one and sell other
Screenshot_2021-05-29-10-06-24-239_ru.andr7e.deviceinfohw.jpg

The sensor reports as a IMX582, now I wonder if it's possible that xiaomi just spoofed it in software?

• Wow
Reactions: ollie2012

arkadia_1969

Apr 4, 2017
Great work! Thank you. What did you do to enable EIS? To my eyes attached config file has slightly better dynamic range and details but EIS does not work. I'm using GVx_libs (libs are set to default Google). EIS works with your config file.
This is your XML file. I turned on stabilization on all cameras except the macro camera. In the selfie camera, the stabilization works only in a horizontal position.

Attachments

• mgcgvxlibs2-stabilizacion.xml
    12.3 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

arkadia_1969

Apr 4, 2017

New XML file. I turned on stabilization on all cameras except the macro camera. In the selfie camera, the stabilization works only in the horizontal position.

Attachments

• arkadia_Gcam_settings_ver2.xml
    17.3 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Reactions: VijayaBaskar

arkadia_1969

Apr 4, 2017
Nice! 4k60 works stabilization is looking pretty good, autofocus is not great though. Have you managed to get 1080p60 with the ultrawide?(IMX355) not sure if hardware supports it though,there's no data sheet for this sensor.
I have no influence on the operation of autofocus. Note that the same problem occurs in the XIAOMI default application at 60 fps. Ultrawide does not support 60 fps.

Jing Arjay87

Feb 23, 2018
I have no influence on the operation of autofocus. Note that the same problem occurs in the XIAOMI default application at 60 fps. Ultrawide does not support 60 fps.
Well that sucks, but still nice getting 4k60 with EIS. Also the EIS is somehow better than stock(1080p30) at low light which blew my mind.

ollie2012

May 26, 2014
60fps is a hardware limitation, EIS is a software limitation!!???

BUT if the focus is out of whack, then those features are kinda less useful??

ollie2012

May 26, 2014
FYI
Sensor rankings are here
#36 Sony IMX582 Exmor RS (Main)
#51 Samsung S5K3T2 (Selfie)
The others are throwaways, dont waste time energy fixing them

Get good lenses for the main

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts