***5.0 Brick Solution*** Asus Memo Pad 7 ME176CX

applerulez1

Jan 15, 2012
Adamstown
For the people out there who for some reason had there devices bricked when updating to lollipop. Whenever I was going to flash the WW_5.0_ME176C/X update I would get this error. "This package is for "K013" devices; this is a "K013_1"." I was bricked for a week because of a random device "name change?" Well here are the steps I took to make a flashable lollipop that wouldnt brick me. What you are doing here is telling the script that does the update that it does not need to verify your tablet model since it is wrong anyways.

Step 1: Download 7-zip. Download Notepad++. Download the TEMP CWM. Install the first two and hold onto the TEMP CWM for later. (Links Below)

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.7.9.html
http://www.7-zip.org/download.html
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=60770086&postcount=352

Step 2: Download the latest update from asus on your device's page (UL-K013-WW-12.10.1.17_KK.zip in my case). Extract the download into a new folder. If there is another .zip inside the new folder just make another folder and extract it once more.

Step 3: In the folder you extracted the .zip to, navigate to \META-INF\com\google\android. Open updater-script in Notepad++. Delete lines 1 and 2 and Save.

Step 4: Go back to the extracted folder and select all of the files in the folder. Right click and choose "Add to archive..." Make sure the "Archive format:" is "zip" and the "Compression level" is set to "Normal". Name it update.zip

Step 5: Put update.zip in the root of your micro sd card. Insert your micro sd into your tablet.

Step 6: "Open IntelAndroid-FBRL-05-16-2015-PTR" and the folder inside that. Open "launcher.bat".

Step 7: Power off the tablet. Hold the Volume-Down key in, while holding the Volume-Down press and hold the Power button until the screen says Asus, release the Power button at this point. You should be in recovery. Plug your tablet into your pc.

Step 8: In the cmd window that popped up from the "launcher.bat" type "ACCEPT" and when the next prompt appears type "T4".

Step 9: Wait until the cwm recovery fully loads and go to "Install a zip..." then go to "choose zip from external sdcard". When installing it may look like it froze, LEAVE IT BE! It is actually installing.

Step 10: You may get an error about /system not wanting to mount, ignore this and reboot your device, let it go and it will boot into lollipop. (Give your tablet 15mins to boot)

After a week of hurting my tablet and my tablet hurting my feelings I figured out this workaround, let me know if it worked for you! Enjoy 5.0!!! :D

Last edited:

Maeke.fr

Jun 8, 2015
For the people out there who for some reason had there devices bricked when updating to lollipop. Whenever I was going to flash the WW_5.0_ME176C/X update I would get this error. "This package is for "K013" devices; this is a "K013_1"." I was bricked for a week because of a random device "name change?" Well here are the steps I took to make a flashable lollipop that wouldnt brick me. What you are doing here is telling the script that does the update that it does not need to verify your tablet model since it is wrong anyways.

Step 1: Download 7-zip. Download Notepad++. Download the TEMP CWM. Install the first two and hold onto the TEMP CWM for later. (Links Below)

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.7.9.html
http://www.7-zip.org/download.html
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=60770086&postcount=352

Step 2: Download the latest update from asus on your device's page (UL-K013-WW-12.10.1.17_KK.zip in my case). Extract the download into a new folder. If there is another .zip inside the new folder just make another folder and extract it once more.

Step 3: In the folder you extracted the .zip to, navigate to \META-INF\com\google\android. Open updater-script in Notepad++. Delete lines 1 and 2 and Save.

Step 4: Go back to the extracted folder and select all of the files in the folder. Right click and choose "Add to archive..." Make sure the "Archive format:" is "zip" and the "Compression level" is set to "Store". Name it update.zip

Step 5: Put update.zip in the root of your micro sd card. Insert your micro sd into your tablet.

Step 6: "Open IntelAndroid-FBRL-05-16-2015-PTR" and the folder inside that. Open "launcher.bat".

Step 7: Power off the tablet. Hold the Volume-Down key in, while holding the Volume-Down press and hold the Power button until the screen says Asus, release the Power button at this point. You should be in recovery. Plug your tablet into your pc.

Step 8: In the cmd window that popped up from the "launcher.bat" type "ACCEPT" and when the next prompt appears type "T4".

Step 9: Wait until the cwm recovery fully loads and go to "Install a zip..." then go to "choose zip from external sdcard". When installing it may look like it froze, LEAVE IT BE! It is actually installing.

Step 10: You may get an error about /system not wanting to mount, ignore this and reboot your device, let it go and it will boot into lollipop. (Give your tablet 15mins to boot)

After a week of hurting my tablet and my tablet hurting my feelings I figured out this workaround, let me know if it worked for you! Enjoy 5.0!!! :D
I've done it and obtein an 1.4GB archive,is it normal?

MIKENEWWPHONE

Jun 6, 2015
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG MY TABLET WORKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS AGAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN 1000000000000000000000000000000000000 THANKS MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN RESPECTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT :good:

Reactions: applerulez1

Maeke.fr

Jun 8, 2015
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG MY TABLET WORKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS AGAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN 1000000000000000000000000000000000000 THANKS MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN RESPECTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT :good:
good job!

hurolural2

Jun 20, 2015
Hi.
my device 176cx. lollipop 5.0. Only run at black screen (fastboot and adb)

1. update.zip delete first 2 line. ok.
2. update.zip goto microsd card. ok.
3. open fastbboot menu.
4. start launcher.bat.

error:

FASTBOOT TETHERED RECOVERY LAUNCHER 05-16-2015-PTR

=======================================================================

DEVICE STATUS: FASTBOOT-ONLINE

DEVICE INFORMATION: Baytrail024D1F20 fastboot

copy needed files to our device
sending '/tmp/recovery.zip' (3477 KB)...
FAILED (data transfer failure (Unknown error))
finished. total time: 5.131s
sending '/tmp/recovery.launcher' (400 KB)...
FAILED (command write failed (No such device or address))
finished. total time: 0.022s
we need to stop logcat before replacing it
FAILED (command write failed (Unknown error))
finished. total time: 5.010s
sending '/system/bin/logcat' (178 KB)...
finished. total time: 0.017s

issue fastboot oem "stop_partitioning" command to start cwm recovery:

Reactions: mustafa 146

applerulez1

Jan 15, 2012
Adamstown
Hi.
my device 176cx. lollipop 5.0. Only run at black screen (fastboot and adb)

1. update.zip delete first 2 line. ok.
2. update.zip goto microsd card. ok.
3. open fastbboot menu.
4. start launcher.bat.

error:

FASTBOOT TETHERED RECOVERY LAUNCHER 05-16-2015-PTR

DEVICE STATUS: FASTBOOT-ONLINE

DEVICE INFORMATION: Baytrail024D1F20 fastboot

copy needed files to our device
sending '/tmp/recovery.zip' (3477 KB)...
FAILED (data transfer failure (Unknown error))
finished. total time: 5.131s
sending '/tmp/recovery.launcher' (400 KB)...
finished. total time: 0.022s
we need to stop logcat before replacing it
FAILED (command write failed (Unknown error))
finished. total time: 5.010s
sending '/system/bin/logcat' (178 KB)...
finished. total time: 0.017s

issue fastboot oem "stop_partitioning" command to start cwm recovery:
Mine is in the same situation because I tried restoring my recovery. idk how to fix this issue yet.

A_L_O_N

Mar 28, 2015

Cant get into recovery mode,
i have K01A tablet,
the combo keys dosent work at all, I can get in somting when im doing the same prosses but with volume-up key instade
then i get to Doidboot provision OS
i can select reboot droidboot
reboot
wipe data
recovery
power off

when i select recovery it seems like it rebooting into recovery but it automaticly says installing system update, then ERROR, then reboot itself

PLEASE HELP :|

Vlado.99

Apr 28, 2010
Hello.

I tried to use Your steps to to write WW .182 ROM (from this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/memo-pad-7/general/me176c-x-collection-roms-updates-t3012965), but I can't. I wiped everything, tried again and failed again (see picture). What's wrong? How can I revert my me176cx from lollipop back to kitkat?

Thank You for help!

Attachments

applerulez1

Jan 15, 2012
Adamstown

vampman05

Jul 30, 2013
cheers for this :highfive:

I found on my ME176CX device that i had to press vol up instead of vol down. Also, when i got to installing the update.zip it did not "see" my external sdcard at all, so to over come this i put it in the /0/download/ folder.

At the moment it's updating as i type this :victory:

edit:- :crying: it's in a bootloop :crying:

Last edited:

T_I

Mar 22, 2012
Thanks for the info, this totally worked for me. A warning to other owners with this tablet, don't install the .24 version of lollipop, or be very cautious. I too this version as it was the newest, but now I've reinstalled it almost 6 times just to get a 'simple' app as facebook to install.

Install teh modified version, place the unmodified version on ext. sd, so update finds it and when it wants to, let it install this one. After these steps, root if you want to and reinstall all apps. (with me the restores from the .17 apps gave some issues, but so did installing those via play store)

dexter20082001

Aug 29, 2011
Tempe
Everything worked up until installing the update. It failed at installing the flash_esp_update. Now it is still stuck at the Asus logo rebooting every few minutes. Any help?