[5.0+] Iven News Reader - A simple Android News Reader v.3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
Overall good app. Pages load quickly, no gui issues. Content is limited but I'm aware it's a new app. One issue did occur however. After about ten to fifteen min of reading the images failed to load on all threads. I had to force close the app, clear cache and restart it. Afterwards the images appeared as they should. It only happend once but it may be something to look into. Thanks for a excellent reader.

I

ivn888

Overall good app. Pages load quickly, no gui issues. Content is limited but I'm aware it's a new app. One issue did occur however. After about ten to fifteen min of reading the images failed to load on all threads. I had to force close the app, clear cache and restart it. Afterwards the images appeared as they should. It only happend once but it may be something to look into. Thanks for a excellent reader.

Thank You for the feedback
Gonna investigate about this issue :cowboy:

I

ivn888

Hi

https://github.com/enricocid/iven-feed-reader/commit/c7791c7d1e4677fa1e7837f88814ca4ce35e8446

I've added this to clear cache programatically when onDestroy the listactivity, so when You click on a feed it will start with new cache:) this should be enough to avoid crashes related to the cache garbage collection
it will included the next update

I

ivn888

New version 6.2 is up
Changes:
  • Fix immersive mode on window focus change
  • Add right titles to toolbar
  • Fix toolbar not themed when dark theme is applied
  • Navigation drawer revision
  • Disabled glide's disk caching to avoid cache garbage collection
  • Added a button to clear app cache

armourcore9brker

Jan 14, 2012
The app is really smooth and nicely designed.

That said, Feedly support would be greatly appreciated!
Also a way to mark what has been read and what hasn't would make it easier to use long term.

Reactions: P1nGu1n_

crazyraiga

Jun 24, 2013
wow. I love the UI. much smooth. are you planning to add feature/function that will enable users add/remove feed manually not from feedly(I see a request above)? would love to keep this app.

homescreen widget would be the best. i will switch to this app as soon as i can customize the feeds. thanks.

Reactions: alphahere

xdagee

• Sep 4, 2012
    Accra
    kowofa.me
    this is cool, lightweight and it does the job pretty well.
    To those asking for 3rd party plugin support, I guess you should hold on.
    As this is early development, I believe Ivan will add all those features.
    The most important thing is getting stable first, :)

I

ivn888

ooXNmHt.png
    brppO3e.png
    BBU9h0D.png

Iven news reader 6.4 released with great news:

Implement custom feeds right-to-left drawer layout (please use RSS 2.0 feedburner format)

Thanks to a dynamic list, and a fab button which will autohide when list is scrolling, it is possible now to add all the feeds You want. Feeds will be stored into a sqlite database and saved on memory. Furthermore You can also delete them from the list

- Resources clean

I'm going to release the update also on GooglePlay and Github!:)

Last edited:
    I

ivn888

Iven News Reader 6.4.1 released!

Changelog:
    - Use placeholder image when loading the feeds list (removed images disable option to avoid exceptions)
    - Simplify navigation drawer menu, remove some feeds since there are now custom ones
    - Simplify rss dialog
    - Fix NullPointerExceptions

I

ivn888

The code is now explained

you can read comments from github from now

i also added a link to xda university to getting started with as

I

ivn888

version 6.5!

Article ui tweaks
    Allow users to set a url and a name for custom feeds
    Add share and continue reading buttons to toolbar
    Use a toolbar, instead of a fab button, containing add and remove buttons
    Code cleaning
    Update libs

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Looks promising! Will it be possible to add Feedly integration?
      The app is really smooth and nicely designed.

That said, Feedly support would be greatly appreciated!
      Also a way to mark what has been read and what hasn't would make it easier to use long term.
      wow. I love the UI. much smooth. are you planning to add feature/function that will enable users add/remove feed manually not from feedly(I see a request above)? would love to keep this app.

homescreen widget would be the best. i will switch to this app as soon as i can customize the feeds. thanks.