[5.0+][ROOT][3.6.0] AFWall+ IPTables Firewall [28 AUG 2023]

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 11127699

Hello all,

I have released 3.5.0 beta today on github. I haven't upload it to playstore yet. You can download the version from github.

Thanks

Thank you so much for the effort!

Is issue #1112 (sorry can't post links) fixed in the new release?

Github issue is: Fix crash for different app using DownloadManager#enqueue

ojz0r

Oct 6, 2013
I've got a Question regarding AFWALL+:

I've got a tasker profile that detects a shutdown/reboot of the phone and before that disables mobile data, wifi, and bluetooth so there is no leaking during start up before afwall rules have been applied.
Right now i have to enable the commjnications manually but i've been looking into automating it by detecting rules applied in afwall.
I've looked at the logcat when applying the rules and when disabled i get an entry "AFWALL: -1" and when applied "AFWALL: 1". Are these the correct flags for disabled/enabled afwall?

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013

I've got a tasker profile that detects a shutdown/reboot of the phone and before that disables mobile data, wifi, and bluetooth so there is no leaking during start up before afwall rules have been applied.
Right now i have to enable the commjnications manually but i've been looking into automating it by detecting rules applied in afwall.
I've looked at the logcat when applying the rules and when disabled i get an entry "AFWALL: -1" and when applied "AFWALL: 1". Are these the correct flags for disabled/enabled afwall?

Could you use Tasker's file-modified condition? Also, I thought there was a similar Tasker Condition for a change made to any file in a folder but I cannot find that (or may not remember correctly).

Last edited:

ojz0r

Oct 6, 2013
Could you use Tasker's file-modified condition? Also, I thought there was a similar Tasker Condition for a change made to any file in a folder but I cannot find that (or may not remember correctly).

Well suppose that could work but i don't know the behavior of the file system and may get a false positive.
If there really are no real flags for applied rules then this could serve as a substitute.

nxb

Aug 19, 2010
Trying to get dnscrypt magisk to work. I have run it's provided script and set DNS but the process itself is blocked. How do I explicitly allow the dnscrypt process or open up the ports required. Dnscrypt can't contact the servers, it says request timed out in the log.

cHECKjAM

Aug 28, 2015
Willing to pay bitcoins for anyone that makes afwall GUI actually work for nvidia shieldTV !

$$$

Write me!

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

Willing to pay bitcoins for anyone that makes afwall GUI actually work for nvidia shieldTV !

$$$

Write me!

m0d

Nov 3, 2010
I was having trouble setting up afwall on Android 10 to connect to printer via wifi-direct
It seems that these two settings work,
IMG-20201104-202308.jpg

IMG-20201104-202249.jpg

Whereas in previous Android only allowing LAN was enough to connect to printer.
Is this the case? Or something is off with my settings

Thank you for your time

Bactax

May 6, 2015
I was having trouble setting up afwall on Android 10 to connect to printer via wifi-direct
It seems that these two settings work,
IMG-20201104-202308.jpg

IMG-20201104-202249.jpg

Whereas in previous Android only allowing LAN was enough to connect to printer.
Is this the case? Or something is off with my settings

Thank you for your time

Hi! Have you tried to switch on Log service in the Preferences to see what does the Firewall block?

veekay

May 15, 2008
Is there another log location outside of the app itself as I only see blocked packets in there - that also fails when trying to export.

When I click import I only get a little popup that says /storage/emulated/0 and has the two periods below - cannot navigate to any higher folder, but even when putting the file in the root there is nothing to select. I'm guessing there is some weird storage issue. Removed the app and reinstalled as well.

Export from other phone - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1672FEjWm3rPcXPZEAGTyWSXom6TkCwP6/view?usp=sharing

ukanth

Recognized Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus X
Is there another log location outside of the app itself as I only see blocked packets in there - that also fails when trying to export.

When I click import I only get a little popup that says /storage/emulated/0 and has the two periods below - cannot navigate to any higher folder, but even when putting the file in the root there is nothing to select. I'm guessing there is some weird storage issue. Removed the app and reinstalled as well.

Export from other phone - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1672FEjWm3rPcXPZEAGTyWSXom6TkCwP6/view?usp=sharing

Android version please ?

veekay

May 15, 2008

Edit - I did remove the app again and go back to the last non-beta version and that seems to be working. I lost internet access after doing that, so I have been unable to see if upgrading back will still break things.

Edit 2 - Working now with current beta. Not sure why it wouldn't work with directly downloading that version, but downgrading to regular release and upgrading to latest beta works.

Last edited:

dope77

Aug 8, 2018

I know it's an old post,
but why would you do all of these stuff??
Afwall has a feature that would block all traffic in case afwall is stopped, it will also block all traffic when your phone is rebooted (till afwall service is started). Just go to settings => experimental features and tick Fix Startup Leak

KZekai

Jan 28, 2020
Does anyone know what controls Android's 9 notification "This network has no access to the internet"? I'm not blocking anything system's at all. My logcat also has nothing out of ordinary (sampled starting from WIFI ON up to the notification), I see that connectivitycheck.gstatic.com resolved without any issues. How else can I debug it and figure out what is the problem? My assumptions it is some Google Framework bull**** since it is blocked

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to official support page for AFWall+

Disclaimer - As Usual. I'll not take any responsible if something goes wrong when using AFWall+

Introduction
    AFWall+ is an improved version of DroidWall(front-end application for the powerful iptables Linux firewall). It allows you to restrict which applications are permitted to access your data networks (2G/3G/4G/LTE and/or Wi-Fi and while in roaming).Since the original author of Droidwall
    discontinued the project, I decided to keep the app instead of Avast Firewall. I'll continue to add more features as I can.

Features
    - Supports 5.x to 13.x
    - Import/Export Rules to external storage
    - Search Applications
    - Multiple Profiles with custom names
    - Tasker/Locale support
    - Select All/None/Invert/Clear applications with single click
    - Revamped Rules/Logs Viewer with copy/export to external storage
    - Ability to view the network interfaces
    - Highlight system applications with custom color
    - Notify on new installations
    - Ability to hide application icons( faster loading )
    - Use LockPattern for application protection.
    - Show/Hide application ID.
    - Roaming Control for 3G/Edge
    - VPN Control
    - LAN Control
    - Tether Control
    - IPV6 Control
    - Tor Control
    - Choose able languages
    - Choose able iptables/busybox binary
    - Supports MIPS/x86/ARM
    - DNS Hostname

Changelog - See third Post
    Current Version - 3.6.0

To get Unlocker without Google services - Please follow the instructions here

AFWall+ BETA Program
    1) AFWall+ opt-in for beta program
    2) Install AFWall+ and If you have any issues, just send email from (Menu -> Firewall Rules - > Send error report)

Source Code/Wiki/FAQ
    AFWall+ is an free & opensource application
    Github
    Log an issue
    Frequently Asked Questions
    Many Thanks to @CHEF-KOCH

Translations
    Translations - Please help me with translations in your language.
    http://crowdin.net/project/afwall

Thanks To/Credits
    - German translations by chef@xda & user_99@xda & Gronkdalonka@xda
    - French translations by GermainZ@xda & Looki75@xda
    - Russian translations by Kirhe@xda & YaroslavKa78
    - Spanish translations by spezzino@crowdin
    - Dutch translations by DutchWaG@crowdin
    - Japanese translation by nnnn@crowdin
    - Ukrainian translation by andriykopanytsia@crowdin
    - Slovenian translation by bunga bunga@crowdin
    - Chinese Simplified translation by tianchaoren@crowdin
    - Polish translations by tst,Piotr Kowalski@crowdin
    - Swedish translations by CreepyLinguist@crowdin
    - Greek Translations by mpqo@crowdin
    - Portuguese translations by lemor2008@xda
    - Chinese Traditional by shiuan@crowdin
    - Chinese Simplified by wuwufei,tianchaoren @ crowdin
    - Italian translations by benzo@crowdin
    - Romanian tranlations by mysterys3by-facebook@crowdin
    - Czech translations by Syk3s

Cheers,
    ukanth

XDA:DevDB Information
    AFWall+ [ IPTables Firewall ], App for the Android General

Contributors
    ukanth
    Source Code: https://github.com/ukanth/afwall

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 3.5.3
    Stable Release Date: 2022-06-28
    Current Beta Version:
    Beta Release Date: 2022-06-28

Created 2013-12-03
    Last Updated 2020-09-05
    Version 3.0.1

* Fix: Status toggle widget 1x1
    * Fix: Ability to hide ongoing notification (Stop firewall and restart to hide after disable it in preferences)
    * Fix: Firewall error notification on oreo and above
    * Security: Tile toggle checks for password
    * User reported crashes
    * Updated translations

Previous version 3.0.0

Features:
    * Better support for nougat/oreo and pie.
    * Firewall toggle tile
    * Adaptive Icons
    * Notification channels
    * Tor support

Bugs:
    * General bug fixes and crash reports.
    * Language selection bug
    * Filter selection bug
    * Compatible with magisk 17.x
    * Better handling of background process
    * Drops support for 4.x devices
    * Update languages
    * Updated libraries

Complete Changelog

Hello All,

After careful analysis and testing, I decided not to rewrite the way rules are being applied due to lot of under hood changes required. Instead added few enhancements. Now applying rules from menu will show how many rules are getting applied with progress status. Also when adding/removing few rules , it will apply only those related rules instead of full apply.

Also fixed couple of bugs and enhancements. You can get the full changelog from https://github.com/ukanth/afwall/blob/beta/Changelog.md

This is BETA Version which is not released on playstore. I have been using this for past week and it's stable. But there might be bugs which I haven't encountered. Please test it and report it in case of any issues.

Also I have been following XPrivacy thread on the decision by it's author. Just as FYI, I might fix it for my own usage when I update to nougat, I will share it here if anybody uses it here.

BETA Link - https://www.dropbox.com/s/isvi413qyx6vb4d/AFWall+ 2.9.7-BETA-TESTER.apk?dl=0
    Hello everyone,

I have released 3.0.0 stable on playstore today. It's been a crazy month so far. After going through lot of dilemma of whether to support the existing afwall or write a new one from scratch, finally able to pull myself and release stable version of afwall with lots of bug fixes and new features along with pie support. Since I don't do full time Android development, it was hard to keep track of what's going on with sdk level changes.

Thank you all for your support in AFWall+ development. Without your support it would simply not possible to pull through this.

I will be out for couple of days ( taking off to spend time with my family ) and hopefully will be able to reply to questions once back.

Thanks again and have a great day.
    Hello everyone,

I have released stable version of 3.1.0 to playstore and github. Its live on playstore. You can find the changelog along with md5/sha here

https://github.com/ukanth/afwall/releases/tag/v3.1.0

Thank you all for your continuous support in AFWall+ development.