[5.0.x] [SM-T520] CyanogenMod 12.0 Nightlies for the Tab Pro 10.1 Wifi (picassowifi)

Search This thread

barnabe42

May 24, 2010
@barnabe42
last twrp is 2.8.6.0
pa_gapps is allways functional (choose pico to start but stock is ok)
to install you need partial wipes: cache & dalwick cache
important what is you tablet
regards

I have updated TWRP to 2.8.6.0.
After that I have tried to install pa_gapps which is for the version 5.1 so I got some errors while installing.
I had a closer look at the package I previously downloaded.
I have noticed that I have downloaded the wrong version gapps-lpmr1 instead of gapps-lp.

I was then able to start the tablet without any errors.
Thanks a lot,

Rybber

Dec 23, 2012
Guys, what's the general consensus regarding overheating?
Seems some folk have issues playing games, do others not?
Personally, the ROM performs for very well apart from this heat issue. i can't play games without the battery getting rinsed out in minutes .

Are other users not just getting any overheating at all ? or just not using their tabs for games, would be interesting to hear.

Yup, gets hot and battery plummets when playing graphic intensive / 3D games :( Reboot and it will have "gained" some of the lost battery.

Too bad, otherwise great rom.

andy_pp

Nov 7, 2006
london
It was interesting looking at all the NMEA messages, even though there were no traces of satellites in them. Then in the car today, it picked up a satellite! Now it can get a 3D fix. All seems to be well again. Thanks everyone.

jericko

Dec 8, 2009
Hello, is CM12 for the Tab Pro 10.1 fully stable and everything working? Any major bugs/issues?

I see people are talking about CM12.1 coming soon, what is the difference?

Thank you!

simonvfr

Jun 9, 2014
CM 12.1 - Not a runner yet!

CM12.1 first nightly installed fine. Flashed 5.1 GAPPs at same time.

Usual lengthy first boot, and then . . . . not much! Launcher/home screen not working. Screen rotation not working. Soft buttons visible. Notification drawer visible and working, but setttings won't open. Wifi and Bluetooth seem to be working normally. Playstore working in background and I was able to download and install the offered app updates.

Tried a re-boot, with same result. Can't take a log because no app drawer or settings accessible.

EDIT
After a full wipe / factory reset, I have been able to install the 12.1 nightly and then flash 5.1 GAPPS.

It seems that dirty flashing was the problem for my device, even though the CM blog says it should work.

Last edited:

RagingHarry

Jan 8, 2012
Havelte
Google Pixel 5
Dirty flashed with PaGapps 5.1, no problems on homescreen, settings open just fine and auto rotation is working as it should.
The rest seems fine also, but didn't have time to test everything.

petty500

Jan 22, 2011
version 20150418 from today, Google Play Store stopped

I installed the 20150418 after 20150416.
Then Google Plza Store is not working anymore.

Grtz.
Petty.

simonvfr

Jun 9, 2014
After a full wipe / factory reset, I have been able to install the 12.1 nightly and then flash 5.1 GAPPS.

It seems that dirty flashing was the problem for my device, even though the CM blog says it should work.

Don't know why dirty flashing didn't work for me. Perhaps I should have flashed the CM12.1 rebooted and then flashed GAPPS 5.1? (rather than simply flash both before rebooting)

Anyway, after a factory reset, installation of 12.1 went fine. All is now working well, and I have yet to find any bugs. All smooth, and I'm glad to have the various UI improvements that come with 5.1 Android. It'll be interesting to see the impact on memory use, and battery life.

Last edited:

crpalmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2011

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.0.x (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

First time flashing CyanogenMod 12.0 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    Download the zip(s).
    Install a compatible Recovery
    Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    Flash CyanogenMod.
    Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Known Issues

* None

Other Issues?

Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
    You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking.
    If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    Make sure your post is relevant to this thread. "I'm having problems rooting/unlocking" is NOT relevant here.
    LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: SysLog by Tortel

Experience issues?

* Nightlies: bug reports are not accepted. You are relying on yourself and your peers in this thread for support!
    * M-series: file a bug in Jira.

Download Links

CyanogenMod: download.cyanogenmod.org

Google apps addon:
    Download: http://d-h.st/users/dhacker29/?fld_id=27426 (use latest lp gapps)

Useful Links

Unofficial changelog
    Picassowifi wiki

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 12.0 for PicassoWifi (Tab Pro 10.1), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, 10.1, 8.4

Contributors
    crpalmer
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop

Version Information

Created 2015-01-07
    Last Updated 2015-01-08

When the first 12.1 builds are released, picassowifi should be one of them.
    GPS should be working on tomorrow's build.

FYI to all, saying something is no longer working and not providing logs doesn't motivate me to investigate it. Please provide logs.
    Apps2sd should be working "again" in today's build. I say "again" because last time I fixed it and at the same time someone changed the frameworks to fix their device which then broke our device. The framework has been changed to keep both of us happy and as of yesterday it was working for me.

Let me know if you have any problems with it.
    This would be a good time to remind people that I am not interested in bug reports or logs that include Xposed being installed.

Xposed is a framework that allows random people to write packages that change how the core internals of android work. I spend my time testing the software that I build. Xposed makes that software work differently and I'm not interested in figuring out if the problem is related to the software I built or because it was randomly changed after I tested it.

So please uninstall Xposed if you are going to report a problem (and provide logs, of course).