5.1.1 LG G2 VanirAOSP L51 Branch - Lollipop Based ROM CAF Builds

Search This thread

goast

Aug 18, 2012
Hinesville, Ga
@goast my bro... whats up? I have 2 more L51 builds since your post & one L5 build too. Try the freshest L51 build. I don't have mobile data, but I still set my Wireless Settings to Global, set CDMA Mode, & set the APN... I see a full signal. But that means nothing really, cause I can't check 4G data or anything like that... but make sure you check those settings when you try the latest build.... which reminds me... that is another thing that I need to fix... The mobile data <switchPreference does nothing... it just takes you to wireless_settings. I need to fix that so clicking the switch turns it on & off and then anywhere else in the box opens the settings. Hopefully your data is improved!
@sudosurootdev hey bud i have tried both the latest builds, what im seeing is this, in the initial setup its not seeing our sim cards...my guess is because its defaults to wdcdmca preferred or whatever its called lol... so therefore we don't get that intilal data connection that you need for it to lock things in on the initial setup process... reason i say that is because after one reboot...no data...i tried flashing jb baseband again, an efs backup... nothing worked... so my bet at least for the sprint and verizon since they are both cdma is to get them both to read the sim by having the correct network started in mobile network settings and maybe that will fix the issue...but then again i don't know anything about building lol could b rils or binaries....just my thoughts...hit me up if u need a live tester before u drop..i know u have the sprint variant but arent actually on the network..maybe i can help u get it straightened out

Last edited:
Reactions: bricky23

bricky23

Apr 6, 2010
Akron
Xiaomi Poco F3
Google Pixel 6a
@sudosurootdev hey bud i have tried both the latest builds, what im seeing is this, in the initial setup its not seeing our sim cards...my guess is because its defaults to wdcdmca preferred or whatever its called lol... so therefore we don't get that intilal data connection that you need for it to lock things in on the initial setup process... reason i say that is because after one reboot...no data...i tried flashing jb baseband again, an efs backup... nothing worked... so my bet at least for the sprint and verizon since they are both cdma is to get them both to read the sim by having the correct network started in mobile network settings and maybe that will fix the issue...but then again i don't know anything about building lol could b rils or binaries....just my thoughts...hit me up if u need a live tester before u drop..i know u have the sprint variant but arent actually on the network..maybe i can help u get it straightened out

After going into network settings and changing network type and setting apn to sprint lte, I had the proper signal. And cell service and data. In other 5.1 both would work, but the signal showed nothing. Was so excited. But after a reboot......nothing. And changing settings does nothing.:crying:

HueyT

Apr 3, 2014
New Albany, IN
OnePlus 7T
After going into network settings and changing network type and setting apn to sprint lte, I had the proper signal. And cell service and data. In other 5.1 both would work, but the signal showed nothing. Was so excited. But after a reboot......nothing. And changing settings does nothing.:crying:

Seems like 5.1 needs WiFi connection and/or several reboots to get needed APN info to activate LTE/cellular data (at least for CDMA Verizon)

jozef710i

May 4, 2011
Can i install with lollipop bootloader? Im asking because i can't install CM since im on LP bootloader.

Sent from my LG-D802

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
So flashing jb bootloader will benefit it? If so one from here?

I wouldn't say benefit it, its the only way to flash the ROM.

The 4.4 bootloader requires bump, and that doesn't work with 4.2 based kernels as they don't match up. If you try to flash the ROM on a 4.4 bootloader, it will give you the Loki binary error and not flash.

Reactions: PunkUnity

KpKi

Dec 14, 2013
In my log cat it shows '04-13 19:49:59.915 E/art (21894): dlopen("/data/app/com.skype.raider-1/lib/arm/libcodecs.so", RTLD_LAZY) failed: dlopen failed: "libstlport_shared.so" has unexpected e_machine: 3'

When Skype fail calling, any idea what's this ?
Cheers

b1g.p0ppa

Feb 26, 2011
Roam
That's the bug. Thus, turning off both DT2W and L2W let the phone sleep in peace. I use volume button to turn screen on.

5.0 did the same thing and Chris fixed it. I reported this issue on his site but I'm sure he has much bigger issues prioritized above this. I too use the volume buttons to turn the phone on.

jagman96

That's the bug. Thus, turning off both DT2W and L2W let the phone sleep in peace. I use volume button to turn screen on.
I turned both off and the bug was gone but none of the features could be used. I then re-enabled dt2w and kept l2w disabled... and it worked :). That was last night. Since then dt2w has worked fine and l2w hasn't come on once that I've seen!

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

Sudosurootdev....

I have a request that may or may not be beyond your control. Please try to include Google's new trusted sources lock screen disablers (BT, WiFi, on-body, trusted voice, etc.). If not that would be a hell of an Xposed module. Thanks for your hard work and consideration.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    20479606we.png

DISCLAIMER: We are not responsible for any issues, problems, or broken phones, which may have come from using any data or information you receive from this thread. Using anything here, will most likely violate your cell phone's warranty or contract. That is also your 100% responsibility, to know, and your responsibilty if you do. If you don't know what you are doing, or you think you do, and you brick your phone, or something POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE changes with your phone, it is all 100% your responsibility. Use the following data, information, and links at YOUR OWN RISK!

As a VanirAOSP developer, and the VanirAOSP LG G2 device & kernel maintainer:
    I, sudosurootdev, AKA Chris, make all of these ROMs on my own, on my time, working hard everyday to bring you a great build everyday. I do also maintain the LG G2 devices & kernel.

However I just switched to the CAF Modem, Bootstack, and Kernel Provided by the wonderful AMAZING LG-Devs: @Rashad97 & @Drgravy They saved us on some serious issues that we have been dealing with and trying to fix!!! The only thing my phone does now, is you have to tap it 5 times fast to WAKE IT!!! IT DT2S VERY WELL!!!! THANK YOU LG-DEVS!!! You guys please send a round of donations their way!!! Or 50/50... I still gotta pay my server but they are due some serious PROPS!!! Thanks guys!!!!

Sources:
    All of my builds contain my "VanirAOSP based" Framework, Settings, G2-common, device variant repos, kernel, and a few of my extras including an sqlite database vacuum & reindex script that runs every week, and a calibrate-battery command. These few extras, are located in my vendor_vanir-private repo.
    My frameworks_base & packages_apps_Settings are all open source, and all device repos and kernel work is pushed to VanirAOSP's Github repos as soon as I test my changes.
    Those can be viewed here: kernel_lge_msm8974 & device_lge_g2-common or each variant's repo.
    If you have any quetion about the sources that I am using, you can view my manifest at: https://github.com/sudosurootdev/platform_manifest/tree/L5 or ask me at anytime!​

I also build each of these ROM builds with my dedicated server, which does cost me a pretty good chunk of money every month, especially for someone who has no income except what you are willing to give out of appreciation... hint, hint, hint

Right now I have to pay the server fee which is $130 every month. I would like to start making things easier and better for you all including adding OTA updates from VanirUpdater, to serve my builds... but I would need to be able to increase the storage space on my server to do this now. That would cost more money. So you all would have to decide whether you want this feature now, and donate enough for me to increase.

Plus because I have a public website: https://sudosurootdev.com (PLEASE BOOKMARK IT) on the server which is used for these builds and for communicating to you all, I have other fees and costs that are needed as well. Other costs include my GitHub paid account for private repos, which is where I keep my code while I am working on it. Once I am finished, and everything builds and works just fine, then everything gets pushed to the links above.

Do to the costs above, and other costs which I pay every month to make these builds happen... even including my internet service, because I do not have a job right now. My family or my girlfriend usually helps out with that, but these are things that cost money, which I need to have to keep bringing you daily builds.

So if you like my builds, you want them to continue, and you can afford to do so... please feel free to make a donation to help me with my costs & time. Most of you know that I sometimes work constantly. I spend hundreds of hours to bring these builds to you all. You will find the donation info at the bottom of this post, in my signature, my profile, or on my website on the following page: https://sudosurootdev.com/index.php/donations/

I am trying to move a lot of the communication between all of the users of my builds (YOU GUYS), and myself, to my website https://sudosurootdev.com. That way I have a central place for everyone, and you can read it anytime. Plus it is helping to reach more LG G2 users, by being indexed by all search engines, and I apply a LOT of SEO techniques. I tried other options like the spreadsheet for issue reporting, but it is difficult, with all of the work I am already doing, programming for these builds, building these builds, and then checking my PMs and the Posts here, plus on Vanir's Google+ Community, and a spreadsheet every single day at least once, preferably more than once per day. So, I have a contact form on the "About Me" Page of my website: https://sudosurootdev.com/index.php/about-me/ and I have comment sections below every post that I post and every page!!! I have a specific page for feature requests, and if the issues are plenty, I will add an issue report page... Right now, as it is, with very few issues, just send me a message on the "CONTACT ME" page's Contact Form.

What can I expect here?
    Daily Android Lollipop 5.1 VanirAOSP's L51 branch builds for all LG G2 Variants.
    Builds are always up to date with VanirAOSP's current sources.
    High optimization and customization.
    Open Source.
    Excellent Support.
    Great Work!!!
    Pride Taken In Every Build!!!
    And a lot more!!!
    I hope you enjoy them!!!

Features List: (Full Feature List, per branch, Coming Soon!)
    Customizable Navbar
    Customizable Statusbar
    Customizable Power Menu
    Customizable Quick Settings Panel
    Customizable LCD Density
    Heads Up (floating) Notifications
    Long Press Quick Settings Header Shortcuts (Long Press Locations: Date, Time, Weather, & Battery)
    Expanded Desktop Option with Per App Settings
    Terminal App - Needs to be enable in Developer Settings
    ScreenShot - Power + Volume Down
    Advanced Reboot - Enable in Developer Settings
    QuickBoot - Enable in Developer Settings
    System Profiles - Turn WiFi, GPS, & other features on or off when you enter or leave trigger wifi signal
    Hardware Menu with Kernel Processor & I/O scheduler settings
    CM Themes in Settings
    Daily Builds (As long as donations support my build server costs)
    much more ...with plenty more coming daily!

BUILDS:
    My profile link: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=profile&uid=23329332407574102
    You can always go there & click on G2, on the right, to get to all builds.

Download my the LP BootStack, My builds & My GAPPs for your variant:
    Build & GAPPS: https://sudosurootdev.com/builds/

Installation:
    You MUST have ROOT access & a custom recovery installed. (TWRP, CWM, PhilZ CWM, CM Recovery, or AOSP bootable/recovery... NO STOCK RECOVERY!!!)
    Download the correct Rom build, from either VanirAOSP L5 branch or VanirAOSP EXODUS branch, for your Phone's Model. (D800, D801, D802, D803, VS980, LS980).
    Download Gapps. (Full or Minimalist version)
    (Optional): Flashable SuperSU. (Or just download from Play Store after booting ROM build)
    Transfer the files to your phone (or if you plan to sideload skip to next step)
    Reboot into recovery.
    Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache and System (VERY IMPORTANT!!! With PhilZ Touch CWM Recovery, and maybe others, there is an option which says "Clean to install a new ROM")
    (You can dirty flash, once you are already running VanirAOSP ROM. If you dirty flash make sure that you flash GAPPs FIRST, then ROM, in order to keep your currently installed apps... so the following 2 setps will be reversed. REMINDER: THIS IS ONLY DONE IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND ARE ALREADY RUNNING VanirAOSP ROM... NEVER ON FIRST FLASH!!!
    Install Rom.
    Install Gapps. (MAKE SURE TO USE THEGAPPS. They are listed on my website's Builds Page:
    https://sudosurootdev.com/builds/
    Install Bootstacks LAST
    https://github.com/lg-devs/bootstacks
    (Optional): Flash SuperSu... if using flashable version.
    Reboot and enjoy!!!

NOTE: LS980 requires ZV7 or ZV8 Modem & VS980 requires 12B Modem. Make sure you are using the Jelly Bean Modem!!!
    All Modems for the LG G2 can be downloaded from this XDA thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2451426
    Thanks to: autoprime

Modem, Bootstack, and Kernel Provided by the wonderful AMAZING LG-Devs: @Rashad97 & @Drgravy

PhilZ Touch CWM Recovery LG G2 build of Final Version 6.59.0 (Flashable zips that I built for you all):
    Download PhilZ Touch CWM Recovery 6.59.0 for LG G2

What do I do if I have any problems? :confused:
    CLEAN FLASH, THEN PULL A LOGCAT WHILE YOU REPEAT THE PROBLEM AT LEAST ONCE!!!

Use: adb logcat -v long | tee -a logcat.txt ...on Linux and adb logcat -v long -d > logcat.txt ...on Windows.

Then send me a copy of that FULL logcat, with a description of the issue, through the Contact Form on the "About Me" page of my website here: https://sudosurootdev.com/index.php/about-me/
    I will get to fixing it as soon as possible!!!
    Thank You!!!​

How can i pull a logcat?
    Explained above, but in more detail here: http://www.vanir.co/word/diy/capturing-a-logcat/

Here is a little overview video made by @Yamahar6riding. Thanks Buddy!!
    Vanir L5 5.0.2 on LG G2

Thank You Very Much & Enjoy!!!​

VanirAOSP Developer Credits:
    @sudosurootdev
    DHO (Derek)
    NuclearMistake (Eric)
    ...and plenty of others! One Bad Ass Team!!!​

Donations are accepted & encouraged!!! If you want these builds to continue, and to keep improving... I have costs & fees which I cannot afford on my own... the largest cost is my server which is a few hundred dollars per month and if I don't receive enough donations to continue that service till the next month, then this may come to an end!!! None of us want that!!!

Also, I may start adding other devices to my list of VanirAOSP devices which I build daily, on their own threads, once I get all issues worked out with the LG G2 builds.

NOTE: LG G3 builds Started 05/28/15

YOU CAN DONATE TOWARD MY SERVER COSTS BY USING ONE OF THE FOLLOWING METHODS:

Donations:
    https://wallet.google.com
    ...and send to sudosurootdev@gmail.com

or you can send through PayPal:
    CLICK HERE

OR I HAVE AN ENCRYPTED PAYPAL BUTTON ON MY WEBSITE ON:
    https://sudosurootdev.com/index.php/donations/

I also have this information on my website at:
    https://sudosurootdev.com/index.php/donations/

...or any method on my Profile Page:
    http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=5683755

Thank you! Your donations, support, and feedback are always greatly appreciated!
    Thanks again!!!

Props due to the following kernel developers:
    In February builds, commits used from:
    @RenderBroken
    Also special thanks to Dorimanx, NeoBuddy, and other kernel developers who have provide RenderBroken with sources.

XDA:DevDB Information
    5.1.1 LG G2 VanirAOSP L51 Branch CAF Kernel Builds, ROM for the LG G2

Contributors
    sudosurootdev, fritzcola, rootlinux
    Source Code: https://github.com/VanirAOSP/platform_manifest

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: JellyBean Radio
    Based On: https://github.com/VanirAOSP

Version Information

Created 2015-01-09
    Last Updated 2015-09-13
    Update

I see you guys have been wondering what I've been up to, huh??? Do not worry I would never abandon you guys, you guys are the best and are what keeps me going... knowing that there are people who want, and are waiting for my builds... I was going to wait until I was finished and all builds were posted before I shared this with everyone... I have been working non-stop... with about 8 hours sleep this morning... and one day 2 days ago... that's it in the past week... anyway on with the update Chris... :)

I got my website up, https://sudosurootdev.com ...on my server. I apologize for not answering and checking in here, but I was literally working non-stop. I wanted to finish so bad, that I would not stop. I was planning on posting this when the builds were complete, but I decided that since they are almost ready I would post it here now, so you guys can read what I've been doing, and so everyone knows that there will be builds posted a little bit later. The good news is that when I post them, every one of the audio issues should be fixed for good!!! You can read about everything that I have been doing on my website... including a little fact finding to set some things straight :D that I decided to share with everyone. So let everyone with a G2 know that builds will be posted a little bit later today, with the STOCK KERNEL!!! That's right! Anyway I have to get back to check on my build that is running now.

By the way, I saw a post from Vanir's changelog... that revert you saw was because I moved gps.conf into device directories a long time ago, then I saw Nuke merged upstream CM changes into the D800 D801 D802 & VS980 ...which did that same thing but under a configs subdirectory... and so there were 2 gps.conf in each of those devices... I just had to fix that when I saw it. :)

I will post back here soon, when my completed builds are posted.
    I hope you guys are getting issues, or questions figured out the best you can. I'm working my ass of for you. ? I just wanted to take a break for a second and touch base with everyone, to let you know what I've been up to.

I've been working on the kernel all day long. Actually 2 versions... Wait no actually 7 versions... Yes I said 7 versions! ?

I've been updating and working on the sound for the kernel that I've been using, so that I can hopefully fix the audio issues... which can be a pain in the butt because audio functions tie into video functions and one change requires another and another and so on... and then I decided, screw everyone else's work, and everyone else's kernel... I'm starting fresh!

So I have the stock ls980 ZVC kernel, which I'm going to update myself. But I realized that will just bring me some of the issues that I've seen before with everyone who has a stock based kernel... Many are based on a D800 kernel or D802 kernel and they had issues with ls980 or vs980, etc... So most likely if I used the ls980 kernel for all, then the d800's & vs980 variants would have issues.

So my solution is that I'm going to have a separate kernel for each variant to avoid these problems. I'm downloading the stock kernels now. And then the fun begins! A LOT OF WORK! Most of the work will be the same to all variants, but having the correct base for all will reduce the risk of problems on one or two variants. So, it may be a little bit before they are ready, until then I'll keep building with the current kernel... and working to fix that kernel's audio too.

If I get time, and I'm not too tired, once I get those all downloaded and pushed to my Github repo, each on its own branch (makes it simpler to sync that way), then I'll checkout my current L5 branch and try to get some fresh builds posted. If not tonight (it is 12:32 am now), I'll definitely post builds tomorrow.

Sent from my LS980 4G using Tapatalk
    Sorry about the delay. You may have noticed that my website is down also. I went to delete a directory and what was in the directory I was in `rm -rf *`, as root, and I accidentally hit the forward slash before the asterisk... `rm -rf /*` which deleted everything... /bin /etc /var /usr ...I tried to hit CTRL + C as soon as I did it but because my server is so fast it was all gone instantly. I had no ls no wget no curl no nothing to try to fix it... all I could do was cd. Thank God for Github!!! So they re-installed Ubuntu for me real quick. I've got everything set up to build now, I just finished syncing, and I'm going to start building now... then after the builds are finished I'll have to rebuild my website... it sucks that I lost my posts... I was liking posting blog updates like that... and I had it set up decent. So, I've got to get back to it and then I'll let you guys know when everything is ready.
    Good Things Coming!

Hey guys, I finished the builds early this morning/late last night. I just updated the kernel a bit, and I'm testing now. But I've been thinking a lot...

I know it has been a little while since I've been able to look through the posts here, and apply specific fixes, feature requests, etc... which I don't like. I want to be able to stay active in the thread, and get feedback from you guys, about any issues that you have or any features that you want to see... it is nice knowing I'm building something that works for you and that you all like. So I have kind of come up with a plan, a way to reduce a lot of my work, and also solve my server issues. I was looking around trying to figure out what I am going to do regarding build servers, because the two servers that I have running are going to be shut off at any time (I'm surprised they aren't already).

So, I've realized that I need a dedicated server. It is a lot cheaper (overall - you pay per month ahead), still real powerful or more (depending on cost), I pay up front which I like better than paying by how much I use (that adds up TOO FAST), and the LAST BUT DEFINITELY NOT LEAST reason... a dedicated server is more permanent to me!!!

That is what got me thinking a lot. I am going to set it up to automate as much as possible... add build scripts, which build each build, every night, for each device, using cron jobs to start them up. It will sync my sources, then build each, and I will even have them put the builds on AndroidFileHost with sftp... all I will have to do is move them from my account there to the public G2 devices. That will save me a lot of time, frustration, and a lot of LATE LIGHTS! That will free up time for me to focus on the code, focus on you guys, and on what you want!!! And take a lot of stress out of my life... which makes the days & the work easier!!!

I've found a great discount that I'm using to get 15% off every month for life on a 16 core dedicated AMD server. (I had the same server with 64 cores and max everything about a year ago... now that was fast!!!)

So, with current donations from both Paypal and Google Wallet, plus my cash, I think I can afford it. As always, any help is appreciated. There are a few options most of you know SSD vs HDD, amount of RAM, etc... but those are the 2 changes that depend on how much I can afford. So, I may have to go with HHD, where I would prefer SSD (Solid State Drive) when building and dealing with complex data that is used in Android builds. We'll just have to see, where I am when I get their email that it is ready. I should get the email from them today to finalize everything and get it paid for and then start setting it up. I'd like to start setting it up before they shut down the others, so I can setup the build scripts, test it, and still have those as back up, if I'm not ready.

So, just to let you all know... I am not going away!!! I will be here till no one owns a G2... LOL!!! And like I said I'll be here more... It may take me a day or two, to get the new server set up, but this will allow me to focus on what you guys want.... which is what I want! A build that has what all users want!!! :)