• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[**5.1.1**][ROM] [D85x,LS990,VS985,] Candy5 - Official

Search This thread

hokiealumnus

Recognized Contributor
Nov 5, 2012
www.overclockers.com
*cough* Don't know about other variants, but I randomly checked vs985 downloads today and there was a 10/4 present in the folder!

(Apologies if I'm stealing dev thunder here, just sharing excitement....if you don't want me to do this in the future, say the word!)

Cuzz1369

Jan 25, 2013
Kitchener
*cough* Don't know about other variants, but I randomly checked vs985 downloads today and there was a 10/4 present in the folder!

(Apologies if I'm stealing dev thunder here, just sharing excitement....if you don't want me to do this in the future, say the word!)
It wouldn't be there if I didn't want you to use it...[emoji12]

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

hokiealumnus

Recognized Contributor
Nov 5, 2012
www.overclockers.com
It wouldn't be there if I didn't want you to use it...[emoji12]

Appreciated, thank you. I've run into an install problem unfortunately. I install the ROM (clean, full internal wipe), gapps (tk gapps full) & reboot, like always. After booting up and optimizing apps, then saying "Starting apps...", it soft reboots and re-optimizes everything...then repeats. Over and over.

This is a preliminary vs985 report. I'm going to re-download the ROM and gapps to try again and will report back. If you have thoughts on the mean time, I'm all ears.

dhatch93

Oct 15, 2008
Appreciated, thank you. I've run into an install problem unfortunately. I install the ROM (clean, full internal wipe), gapps (tk gapps full) & reboot, like always. After booting up and optimizing apps, then saying "Starting apps...", it soft reboots and re-optimizes everything...then repeats. Over and over.

This is a preliminary vs985 report. I'm going to re-download the ROM and gapps to try again and will report back. If you have thoughts on the mean time, I'm all ears.

I started to have issues with TKGapps around Candy5 3.4 or 3.5 for whatever reason, so I used the Banks GApps from the OP but even started to get a little weirdness with those too. I'm currently using Slim Gapps so maybe give those a try - or I've seen mention of open Gapps (but haven't tried them). I'm on a D850 so might be something with your/my hardware too... so many variables...

Reactions: hokiealumnus

hokiealumnus

Recognized Contributor
Nov 5, 2012
www.overclockers.com
I started to have issues with TKGapps around Candy5 3.4 or 3.5 for whatever reason, so I used the Banks GApps from the OP but even started to get a little weirdness with those too. I'm currently using Slim Gapps so maybe give those a try - or I've seen mention of open Gapps (but haven't tried them). I'm on a D850 so might be something with your/my hardware too... so many variables...
Very interesting, thanks. Tk was fine on the last build, but much stranger things have happened! I'll give another gapps a try then.

hokiealumnus

Recognized Contributor
Nov 5, 2012
www.overclockers.com
Well, I tried Open gapps and even the ROM by itself with no gapps at all and it had the same behavior each time. Boot up, optimize apps, starting apps....soft reboot. Then back to optimize apps, rinse and repeat.

Open to any other ideas. For now, back to 3.8.

Cuzz1369

Jan 25, 2013
Kitchener
Well, I tried Open gapps and even the ROM by itself with no gapps at all and it had the same behavior each time. Boot up, optimize apps, starting apps....soft reboot. Then back to optimize apps, rinse and repeat.

Open to any other ideas. For now, back to 3.8.
You don't need to flash gapps. Just dirty flash the ROM.

Reactions: hokiealumnus

nicknc

Dec 10, 2009
Dirty flash? What madness is this?? I'm so old and crotchety I never dirty flash.

That said, why not! I'll give it a try tomorrow sometime. I've had enough for one night. Will report back whether that works ok. :)
Be careful. That type of behavior could land you in jail and your name a special list.

Best to dirty flash your own room. Not other peoples' rooms.

hokiealumnus

Recognized Contributor
Nov 5, 2012
www.overclockers.com
You don't need to flash gapps. Just dirty flash the ROM.

Well, regrettably that didn't work either. Dirty flash over the previous version led to the same behavior. I'm happy to try any troubleshooting steps you would like if there is anything left to do, otherwise I'll just wait until the next release. Thankfully my install has never (knock on wood) suffered from the reboot issue, so I'm still quite happy on 3.8.

For a refresher in case it helps, here are the steps I tried on my vs985:
  • Clean flash, wiping internal storage, installed 3.9 & TK Gapps full package.
  • Re-downloaded 3.9, downloaded Open Gapps (in case TK was the issue), clean flash.
  • Clean flashed 3.9 by itself, without any gapps and tried to boot up that way (which is why I now believe it's the ROM and not gapps).
  • Restored my 3.8 install and dirty flashed 3.9.
In each instance, the phone would...
  1. Boot from recovery.
  2. Get into the OS.
  3. Optimize apps.
  4. Say it was "Starting apps..."
  5. Automatically soft-reboot.
  6. Repeat from #2 until I pulled the battery and restored 3.8.

Cuzz1369

Jan 25, 2013
Kitchener
Yeah after reading what you went through, figured it would be best just to go back to 3.8, so thank you for posting your experience.

Go VT

Sent from my SM-T537V using XDA Free mobile app

Well, if nothing else, at least I'm not crazy! [emoji14]

Thanks for the confirmation.
I'll look into it this week but can't see anythu g reason why vs985 is borked... Bad upload maybe. I'll see if I can get you guys a test build tomorrow.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

be9f9a3ce13148bb361a064d6bd05e22.jpg

This is Candy5. Built straight from CyanogenMod source with commits from a variety of different Sources/ROMS. We wanted to give the users a fun, fully customizable ROM.We aim to add more features as this project progresses.

Check us out on the web @The-Candy-Shop

2e8esupa.jpg

@matthew0776 @mar5hal @gimmeitorilltell @BMP7777 @CyberScopes @Cuzz1369 @rc420head @Flashalot @tr1gg3r84 @Venomtester @Darknites @Rapier @NexusPenguin @Alx31TLse @timmytim @Bx16 @Saatvik Shukla @abbychauhan

qy9e6u4u.jpg

ROM
    DEVICES

Disclaimer: We here at The CandyShop are not responsible for any bricks you may obtain. Please follow the thread rules and steps and everything will be gravy. Remember, backing up before flashing is always recommended.

FEATURES
    Candy Interface
    Custom navigation bar
    Battery Percent
    Recents Panel Options
    Clock and Date Options
    Wake Options
    Rotation 360 degrees
    Custom Notification Lights
    Lockscreen Notifications Per App
    IME options from 4.4+
    Disable Ime selector
    Ambient Display
    Live Display
    Gestures anywhere
    Battery Saver mode coloring
    Custom system animations
    Full Sweetner Pack compatible
    Battery bar
    Theme Engine
    Visual improvements
    ALL of Cm's Latest Feature Additions

CHANGELOG

Steps:

Download Candy5.zip
    Download 5.1.+ Gapps (optional)
    Place Candy5.zip on phones memory or SD card
    Boot into recovery (either twrp or cwm)
    Full wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Factory Data Reset)
    Flash Candy5.zip
    Flash Gapps
    Reboot and Enjoy

be9apenu.jpg

Candy5

* Gapps
    * More Gapps
    Or use 5.1 Gapps of choice

* SuperSU

Please give first boot a good few minutes.

Candy5 is in early stages and will inherit CyanogenMod bugs and issues. But some we have resolved ourselves.
    The base has been tested and passed most users needs for a Daily Driver.

Special thanks to CyanogenMod, SlimRoms,for making their source open.
    Sources:

CyanogenMod
    SlimRoms
    LiquidSmooth

XWkqU3e.png

Download

Donations

XDA:DevDB Information
    [D855] Candy5, ROM for the LG G3

Contributors
    Cuzz1369, cuzz1369
    ROM OS Version: 5.1 .x Lollipop
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2014-12-10
    Last Updated 2015-07-07

Kernel Source
    Update should be out in the morning, 8hrs from now for my international friends.

-New: weather temp in statusbar

-New: update SuperSU to 2.49

-New: add kernel Adiutor

-New: EOS Navigation (Thanks @bigrushdog)

-New: DocumentsUI Major improvements (Thanks @bigrushdog and Omni)

-New: Open app when clicking on icon in App Info screen

-Removed: Statusbar ticker

-Up to date with latest from cm-12.1

-Up to date with latest 777-kernel sources.

Working on some cool additions for release this Sunday:

Themes tile
    Kernel Adiutor tile(candy5 exclusive)
    Custom lockscreen wallpaper