[5.1.1][ROM][TW][OE6] Blck/TW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

eousphoros

Feb 8, 2010
San Francisco
Please make sure you have a recent back up of your phone. Also doubly make sure to backup your /efs folder and your /dev/block/platform/15570000.ufs/by-name/RADIO device. There is a risk of permanently bricking your device if the radio upgrade fails. Remember this is all at your own risk. I promise no function or fitness of use. This will probably cause your phone to blow up and start a thermonuclear war and trip your Knox counter

From the moderator ~~~ The op has stated that these links are to be removed and thread closed ........

Contributors
@eousphoros - Flashable zip
@Sunderwear - Awesome guy who provided us with the partition dumps
ROM OS Version: 5.1.1 Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.61

Last edited by a moderator:

eousphoros

Feb 8, 2010
San Francisco
What is the best way to do the efs etc. Backup?

Thanks

AC

Sent from my SM-G925T using XDA Free mobile app

Since its such a precious folder I would do this

tar cf /data/local/tmp/efs.tar /efs/*
dd if=/dev/block/platform/15570000.ufs/by-name/EFS of=/data/local/tmp/efs.img

then adb pull those files to your computer and put them in a safe place

Aou

Aug 4, 2008
Arizona
What changes, if any, have been made to the original dump that @Sunderwear provided? I assume you replaced the app_process files, but any other changes?

Aou

Aug 4, 2008
Arizona
+1 I just wanted people to aware of the potential risk. Everything went fine for me but I don't want to give people a false sense of security.

Understood, flashing Radios is srs bsns.

In other news, the updater-binary isn't working for me. ... Using TWRP.
E: Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/blck_tw_511_samsung_oe6.zip'

eousphoros

Feb 8, 2010
San Francisco
Understood, flashing Radios is srs bsns.

In other news, the updater-binary isn't working for me. ... Using TWRP.
E: Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/blck_tw_511_samsung_oe6.zip'

Are you using the twrp posted in the op? Are you doing sideload or straight from the device (fwiw I only tested sideload) gimme a second and I'll add a md5sum

EDIT: MD5 (blck_tw_511_samsung_oe6.zip) = 6a96ab53a25ff76fb263a06a7efa256f

EDIT2: Just downloaded from mega and the file matches the original's md5

Last edited:
Reactions: wase4711

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
I say the first bricked phone will happen within 2 hours..

Folks, if you dont REALLY know what you are doing, please reconsider flashing this. And, if you dont know what ADB is, or what sideloading means, do NOT flash this...

And, mega thanks to the OP for putting this out there for the early adopters! :good::good:

Reactions: sum1one

dominante58

May 24, 2011
South Florida
Since its such a precious folder I would do this

tar cf /data/local/tmp/efs.tar /efs/*
dd if=/dev/block/platform/15570000.ufs/by-name/EFS of=/data/local/tmp/efs.img

then adb pull those files to your computer and put them in a safe place

Can you expand a bit on what this exactly means- the two lines of script you posted here- are those the ADB pull lines we would use?
Just want to be completely clear on what we have to do to backup before we flash this ROM. Step by Step would be great.

Thanks again for all your work on this!

Reactions: Mayho

Aou

Aug 4, 2008
Arizona
Working so far...

A6pSGwE.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please make sure you have a recent back up of your phone. Also doubly make sure to backup your /efs folder and your /dev/block/platform/15570000.ufs/by-name/RADIO device. There is a risk of permanently bricking your device if the radio upgrade fails. Remember this is all at your own risk. I promise no function or fitness of use. This will probably cause your phone to blow up and start a thermonuclear war and trip your Knox counter

From the moderator ~~~ The op has stated that these links are to be removed and thread closed ........

Contributors
    @eousphoros - Flashable zip
    @Sunderwear - Awesome guy who provided us with the partition dumps
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.1 Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.61
    I'm secretly hoping that the work I've done will encourage others to contribute. Only reason I did 5.1.1 was; I did the work already for myself and wanted to share. :)

I'm working on stock deodex base right now thanks to your build here! Hoping to have a working base soon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
    might upload the 5.1.1 build for tmo for regular s6..but idk samsung secret service might come after me now haha
    From the Moderator

OK, People

Too much poor behavior.......

BE ADVISED ••• DISRESPECTING ANYONE IN XDA Will Not Be Tolerated !

So, remember this ... the Devs do this for free and out of their love for developing....

....Being rude and poor mannered...... gets you nothing but maybe...

One less Dev making Roms for your phone .....if you can do better show us your work...... yeah you don't have any........

......Keep that in mind when you feel like you have some lame commentary or demand to make.....

PLEASE..... Follow the Rules..... This is how we keep a thread productive and calm.

.............Be Kind when posting, be helpful ..........
    Awesome, thanks for putting this together!

Sent from my SM-G925T using XDA Free mobile app

Never thought I would put out a touch wiz rom. Though I'm having a hard time motivating myself to work on aosp. The stock rom is just too damn nice. (With a few small tweaks and debloating. I will probably cut an optimized debloated rom for the community this weekend)