• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Search This thread

gekkehenkie11

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Sure, no problem, how do I get? I am not rooted.

It's very easy, no root needed. First enable developer options: http://www.androidcentral.com/android-50-lollipop-basics-how-turn-developer-settings then enable the android debugging interface (adb) in those developer options. And then use the 15 second ADB installer: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=48915118#post48915118

That's it. Then you can go to the windows command prompt and issue the adb command like I explained on the previous page of this thread.

Last edited:

POLO_i780

Jun 15, 2008
It's very easy, no root needed. First enable developer options: http://www.androidcentral.com/android-50-lollipop-basics-how-turn-developer-settings then enable the android debugging interface (adb) in those developer options. And then use the 15 second ADB installer: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=48915118#post48915118

That's it. Then you can go to the windows command prompt and issue the adb command like I explained on the previous page of this thread.

Urrgh, it requires a PC? I'll do it on my laptop tomorrow, not plugging my phone into anything tonight until I go to bed.

gekkehenkie11

Dec 9, 2010

Urrgh, it requires a PC? I'll do it on my laptop tomorrow, not plugging my phone into anything tonight until I go to bed.

Ok sure. But until you post that log I assume you're BS-ing. Cause really, 8 hours SoT with normal usage and normal system parameters is just impossible if you do the math. It's really that simple. So you must either be doing something other than what most people do during screen on time, like staring at some screen without anything happening, or you are using some tool that changes your cpu frequencies. Cause 8 hours SoT with things like web browsing, gaming, movie watching, that's just impossible. I can show you why btw if you're interested, I did post the calculations before, would have to look up my post.

With that log we can see exactly what happens here and why you are attaining those 8 hours. But I can promise you now that it wont be with normal web browsing :)

POLO_i780

Jun 15, 2008
Lol, my BS-ing. I have been a member here far too long to even try.
I am not going to go out my way to prove anything to you, the worst I do is use CPU Power Saving in Samsung's own power saving menu as I said in the previous page. I will do the Dumpsys tomorrow, I am sure even that will not be enough for you though, so I will be prepared for an entertaining response from you :) . I have had the Note 4 since launch and my stats have consistently been great since the week I got it, go ahead and check my posts in the Battery Thread :D

I am probably going to burnout before I even hit 8hours SOT today, but here are my stats right now:
50% battery left
Just over 4hours SOT
Over 13hours off charge
GdAzwgQ.jpg

oacDv3O.jpg

g0AxzzS.jpg

lfjIIZE.jpg

POLO_i780

Jun 15, 2008
As per usual, the phone has out lasted me, I am off to bed. I will take it off charge earlier tomorrow, do more on it when at work.
As you can see, it has comfortably crossed 5hours SOT with 39% battery still left, over 14hours off charge, I actually take this for granted despite us having planned power outages here in South Africa, some of you may have heard of Load Shedding, so there are days where we have a good 4hours of power outage in different areas in different times, we have apps in our smartphones that warn us of the Stage and Area of Load Shedding and despite having a 6000mAh Carbon Amped Power Bank JUST in case, I barely use it, this phone always makes it.

Dk5ZjNh.jpg

pMsiQVi.jpg

5fuz6rh.jpg

4ddBTz0.jpg

Fw2sW5w.jpg

Drizzy xS

Apr 8, 2012
Derby
As per usual, the phone has out lasted me, I am off to bed. I will take it off charge earlier tomorrow, do more on it when at work.
As you can see, it has comfortably crossed 5hours SOT with 39% battery still left, over 14hours off charge, I actually take this for granted despite us having planned power outages here in South Africa, some of you may have heard of Load Shedding, so there are days where we have a good 4hours of power outage in different areas in different times, we have apps in our smartphones that warn us of the Stage and Area of Load Shedding and despite having a 6000mAh Carbon Amped Power Bank JUST in case, I barely use it, this phone always makes it.

Dk5ZjNh.jpg

pMsiQVi.jpg

5fuz6rh.jpg

4ddBTz0.jpg

Fw2sW5w.jpg
I genuinely don't understand how you do this! My phone died today at 5 pm today just like every other day only WiFi low brightness, just whatsapp and stuff nothing else I can't even scrape 4 hours sot anymore... Lollipop has completely and utterly ****ed up my battery

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Jovan1997

Oct 6, 2012
he dont use stock battery -.-

nvm i dont care for ur batt life but,i can bet u do something impossible :p :D

go down cpu-z and shom me ur batt stat :p :p
*will be show heath:SUPER
and capacity:6000mAh :D

So gg...and this not thread about batt...I waiting 5.1.1 on my device...

Braxos

Nov 18, 2011
I genuinely don't understand how you do this! My phone died today at 5 pm today just like every other day only WiFi low brightness, just whatsapp and stuff nothing else I can't even scrape 4 hours sot anymore... Lollipop has completely and utterly ****ed up my battery

Did you try samsung reflash option? (Don't remember how it is called on switch) I had the same issue from 4.4.4 to 5.0.1 had to reflash 5.0.1 to be near the SOT of 4.4.4 . That you will never get on lollipop, had over 9 hours SoT with over 10% battery still . On lollipop I am happy if I hit over 7 hours normal I am at 6 hours but had once a near 8 hours SoT.

Gl with it since you can't compare one phone to other on same person, how can you compare phones from different ppl and living area and reception and hardware.

P.S. you can fix your phone before someone gets 5.1.1 on a international note 4.

Drizzy xS

Apr 8, 2012
Derby
Did you try samsung reflash option? (Don't remember how it is called on switch) I had the same issue from 4.4.4 to 5.0.1 had to reflash 5.0.1 to be near the SOT of 4.4.4 . That you will never get on lollipop, had over 9 hours SoT with over 10% battery still . On lollipop I am happy if I hit over 7 hours normal I am at 6 hours but had once a near 8 hours SoT.

Gl with it since you can't compare one phone to other on same person, how can you compare phones from different ppl and living area and reception and hardware.

P.S. you can fix your phone before someone gets 5.1.1 on a international note 4.
Idk what to do mate I always assumed it was the battery as it used to be good but I just checked cpu z and the battery health is good apparently?! Either way I have ordered a new battery, I'm just clueless what to do really this battery is atrocious, idk if 5.1.1 is coming soon for international and I pray to God that it sorts the battery out cause lollipop is a train wreck
Also just to let you know the battery on lollipop used to be okay! Like I could make it to 12am or whatever and then it'd die with good sot but recently I don't know what the hell has happened I always assumed it was root so I unrooted but nope same problem. It's embarrassing that Samsung charged 650 pound for this phone and less than a year later this is how it holds up, it's nothing to do with the hardware either it's something a simple software update could fix lags and all

Last edited:

gekkehenkie11

Dec 9, 2010
the worst I do is use CPU Power Saving in Samsung's own power saving menu as I said in the previous page.

Ok missed that part. Anyway that solves it. Like I said:

Cause really, 8 hours SoT with normal usage and normal system parameters is just impossible if you do the math. It's really that simple. So you must either be doing something other than what most people do during screen on time, like staring at some screen without anything happening, or you are using some tool that changes your cpu frequencies.

Sure if you limit your CPU then 8 hours should be possible. And you're running a VPN with compressed data (opera max), so you'll have less WIFI usage (which eats battery) but will also have less quality pics in webbrowsers for example due to that compression (and I personally would never run all my data through a VPN, that's a huge security risk if you ask me). And I'm sure you'll run your screen at low brightness and maybe have the touchscreen lights disabled too.

Anyway if I would want to limit my CPU speed I would probably just have bought a slower phone in the first place. But to each their own.

So this solves it, no need to post ADB output.

Last edited:

xxSTARBUCKSxx

Apr 20, 2013
Melbourne
Prepare for a locked bootloader on 5.1.1 and a new build.prop with tightened dm-verity lines. I wouldnt take the OTA for your variant until a tar is available.

Reports of faster, no lag, better battery, and 'lightning-fast' recents phone otherwise.

Last edited:
Reactions: tweeny80 and LMMT

namfat

Feb 10, 2007
VietNam
tpb.vn
Yes, it my forum. We are also waiting for OTA update right now.
May be tomorrow we will have it. We guest that 2 country XEO or SER will have first OTA Update.

POLO_i780

Jun 15, 2008
Ok missed that part. Anyway that solves it. Like I said:

Sure if you limit your CPU then 8 hours should be possible. And you're running a VPN with compressed data (opera max), so you'll have less WIFI usage (which eats battery) but will also have less quality pics in webbrowsers for example due to that compression (and I personally would never run all my data through a VPN, that's a huge security risk if you ask me). And I'm sure you'll run your screen at low brightness and maybe have the touchscreen lights disabled too.

Anyway if I would want to limit my CPU speed I would probably just have bought a slower phone in the first place. But to each their own.

So this solves it, no need to post ADB output.

You clearly didn't read my post where I detailed what I did.

Screen: 30% brightnes, I switch to Auto (5) when outside.
I set CPU Power Saving, the phone is no slower unless you play very intense games. Why buy a slower phone? CPU Power Saving has the phone running at normal speed, I was even able to play GTA3 with it with no slowdowns, now if you are into very intense games then just switch off CPU Power Saving, simple. You asking why I didn't buy a slower phone is like someone asking why did you buy a Samsung if you're going to Disable a lot of apps and use a custom ROM.

As for Touchscreen lights, they sare set to Always On
I began using Opera Max recently and only have it saving data in Mobile Data, I get the same battery stats without it, I'll run without it today. If anything, with Opera Max running in the background I find the phone goes through the battery quicker than it used to.
If you did what I told you and looked at my previous stats you would see that I didn't have Opera Max, I have had the Note 4 since two days before the global Launch, got it that week on a Wednesday, and my battery stats have always reflected above 7hours of SOT, to 8hours SOT. I posted my usage within days of getting the phone. Maybe I just got lucky and got a very good unit.

LMAO! Its hilarious how you just assume stuff :D and you are wrong.
I will have to do the Dumpsys as otherwise your claims and assumptions will get wilder and wilder, although they have been entertaining to read.

Last edited:

xManMythLegend

Dec 1, 2008
NYC
Not ROM begging honest question. How long has it taken for newer Note features to be ported to previous models.
Ex. How long before Note 2 got note 3 features and Note 3 got Note 4 features.
Since Note 5 looks terrible I at least want the software.

ravijani

Jan 19, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Note II
Moto G
Not ROM begging honest question. How long has it taken for newer Note features to be ported to previous models.
Ex. How long before Note 2 got note 3 features and Note 3 got Note 4 features.
Since Note 5 looks terrible I at least want the software.
couple of months depends on 64bit libs for some functions as well. so dont think all will be ported.

Cryss

Sep 13, 2011
Barnsley
www.soundmasters.22web.org

Did you heared of image resize ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wasn't this a thread about the android version 5.1.1 and not to fight who has the best battery life xd
    Some real drama queens around here. You know what is funny about updates? If they arrive quickly they are usually buggy and people complain OR they arrive slowly with minimal bugs and guess what? People complain.

Samsung has not given a proper date of when 5.1.1 will arrive, end of July was not an official statement at all.

I am on NEE POF2 5.0.1 on my N910F and it is running beautifully, no lag, battery is great even when using Download Booster with LTE & WiFi. The phone is stable.

My mother's month old S6 has just died and may require a motherboard replacement, same with her colleagues S6 Edge, both on 5.0.2, yet my Note 4 has been with me since launch with very usage and abuse and not yet failed me.

Blame Google, as even 5.1.1 doesn't fix most of the 5.0 Bugs, so I am guessing that Samsung is trying to patch everything up themselves.

We have not been abandoned.
    Once when u root,knox going 0x1 and samsung know :) so yea,thay can 'detect' :/

Maybe some1 know how to back knox into 0x0 but i m not sure...
    @Sapphire999 may be can help for warranty... He talking in one thread(i dont remb) he have some trick for that.

I will not talk a long story.
    1) You cann't resent KNOX, cauze it's being written it seems into a CPU/Chipset and is unresetable.
    2) Once you restore original firmware(FULLY including modem/ROM/bootloader/etc) there's no proof of root being used. Knox status only tells it had some software issues, that can also be caused to KIES update failure etc.
    3) There are other options, but, I no longer going to provide that information, cauze I don't want to feel guilt or something for helping people to fool Samsung or any other company.

So sorry, but the last question I got today was the last one I answered. Not going to help people to do things they even don't feel guilty about.

If it's meant to be your luck, you can try setting back factory default original firmware, and if you have a good karma, they will even not look into your KNOX status. Even if they reveal it, told you, that root isn't the only thing, that can trigger it. If you fail and they refuse replacing device or it's parts, it's like about 15 eurs to pay for diagnostics etc and revealing your fault. Not a big loss, actually. But I will no longer help anyone cheating hard with devices and so on. Don't wanna make bad karma to myself. So sorry, no longer PM accepted on that related things. And if you still wanna do something - search the web. The one who searches - will always find, but it will be already your own personal guilt, if you do something immoral.

PS. I know I promised not to tell a long story, but still. Let's look at it in more detailed way. When you got a device, you should test it for about 2-3 month at least that it's really ok. More over, I don't believe you got it rooted on custom ROM on it without a warning of loosing warranty etc and that from that moment it's your own responsibility. I don't defend Samsung. I don't defend anyone's side at all. It's just a question about being honest. Yeah, that KNOX trigger seems to be unfair, but that's only one point of view. Take a look at even this forum, at custom kernels and people playing with CPU/GPU voltages, overcloaking etc. As you understand, device was not meant for such working conditions and everyone was warned about it being dangerous. But people still play with fire. More over, even if after using overcloacking and voltage changes they try to get warranty still, arguing, that it's Samsung's fault. But be honest - it isn't. And till such situations exist, I don't defend Samsung, but I can understand why they place KNOX trigger on their devices. If you were the one who manufacture that devices, wouldn't you try to act the same? Wouldn't you think it's unfair that you have to repair at your own costs customer's faults? We easily say Samsung being a garbage company... But ask yourself honestly, why did buy their device then, if you think Samsung being a mess? Even using my advices, ask yourself first, if your soul telling you that you're right and you feel no gult. Cauze any kind of crap we do gets returned in some time back. It was you, who flashed custom ROM/kernel/Root/or whatever. You've been warned. So if you agreed to risk, take a personal responsibility too. Yeah, I got one rooted device replaced, but I still paid 15 eur for diagnostics and warranty refuse in first service center and some 40 eur more expenses + much of personal time, nerves etc. I have a working phone now(replaced over warranty terms). But to be honest, not looking at device being deffective from the start(I simply didn't pay attention about mainboard deffect, mean it being short-circuited somewhere), it's still MY OWN fault, that I didn't test it before rooting. And believe me, even I got new device, I had to waste named ~55 eurs + lots of nerves and time, that I could use for better business. So if you are not ready to take personal responsibility of what you do, then maybe it's better to leave it as it is?(mean not to root it etc and keep natural warranty). If you afraid of risks and responsibility - simply don't do it in a first place. I believe it's being honest, no matter if you like what I said or not. And finally, GN4 is no longer some kind of know-how or brand new phone, as long as GN5 is soon going to come out. So parts, especially used ones will be very cheap soon. And it's maybe more expensive in money case to replace parts at your own or ask a friends(if you have some, who can replace parts at their own), but it's more nerves and time friendly, then trying to get warranty at any cost avoiding money being paid. As I told you before, for all actions we do - the only one who's responsible, are we and noone else. You can fool Samsung, get your warranty etc. You maybe don't pay any single cent for replacement works, but you'll pay then by your time, nerves or something else. You cann't do any crap to anyone without getting it back, no matter how long it will take to return to you. The same story, if that wasn't your guilt and you paid at your own, then you'll get something good back in return. All you give away - returns to you. Ask even delevopers here, who can do their work for free of charge of a free donation. Even if they get no money for that, they still get something, like friends, respect or something else.

OP, please excuse me of offtopic, but didn't stay from reply. Hope you understand me.
    Come on, I have 4 bars 4G ALL the time when I am home. I turn off wifi and have used debloater tool to turn loads of stuff off, and I still can't get more than perhaps a bit over 4 hours of screen on time. And you claim 7-8? Allow me to not believe you and I'm rather sure noone else does. You are without a doubt the only one in the world to experience that, which is why I am note believing you. People who get GOOD SOT claims 5-6 hours, and that's with customized ROMS.
    I'm sure if you do the math, battery capacity, the rate at which the screen draws power at certain brightness levels, heat, modem, processor, blah blah blah, you'll find that it is actually impossible to get 8 hours screen on time. 6 is doable with some sacrifices, but 8 hours with real usage? Nope. Of course, you can set the Gallery fullscreen on a black image and turn off radios and probably get even more hours.
    I think it's a common phenomenon for people to overstate their experience, it gives them a feeling of superiority, I suppose. Most of the times, I just ignore such claims. All they can do is drive you crazy. ;)
    Sprint already released 5.1.1 that contains StageFright fixes acording to this guy here:
    https://plus.google.com/118419062718537330645/posts/LTMt5PfMHZD

To late for me. I have sold my N4... I had enough lag and frustration..waiting like 15-20 seconds to review a photo I took (while the phone locks itself due to screen timeout settings I put there to get some more battery time) going over to LG..G4 and Wear from Gear S and Note 4 snapdragon.