5.1 Update

Search This thread

AndroidTVTech1

Dec 18, 2014
Test The Play Store Sling TV App

Rollin out now. New version LMY47D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
Test the player store version of the Sling TV app, I have been told it will
work with the 5.1 Nexus TV Player version ... You don't need a login account, if doesn't tell you to upgrade, when you first open the app, then it will work ...

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

Test this current version of the Sling TV app, it has leanback launcher Code http://www.mediafire.com/download/qvnxs618mihpfj6/com.sling-1.apk ... Let me know ASAP, if it doesn't ask you for the update/upgrade, when you launch the app ...

Last edited:

TTgowings

Nov 23, 2007
Hastings, MI
No sir, does not seem to work, I get a 2-49 error, I went in and stopped the app and cleared cached, also ran from sideload launcher didnt make a difference. TT>

aborrelli

Mar 29, 2011
I'm not noticing anything. I need to test android cast though the main feature that I felt stunk and always forced me to use my chromecast.

WhiteWidows

Jul 27, 2009
Where is this? Via update? The image hasn't even been posted yet...i hope to god they addressed the multichannel audio pass through for ac3 and DTS, not to mention add mpeg2 hardware decoding

McChen147

Nov 30, 2012
my nexus player auto updated itself. Haven't used it all day and when I just checked it 5.1 was already installed. Android phones/tablets usually require the user to approve, but it looks like android TV will auto update. Perhaps a notification is shown and after awhile if the user doesn't do anything, it auto updates?

Doesn't look like a lot is changed, from a user POV. One thing I did notice is a "restart" option in settings->about, which is nice. No more unplugging and plugging to reboot!

WhiteWidows

Jul 27, 2009
Rollin out now. New version LMY47D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

I'm not noticing anything. I need to test android cast though the main feature that I felt stunk and always forced me to use my chromecast.

my nexus player auto updated itself. Haven't used it all day and when I just checked it 5.1 was already installed. Android phones/tablets usually require the user to approve, but it looks like android TV will auto update. Perhaps a notification is shown and after awhile if the user doesn't do anything, it auto updates?

Doesn't look like a lot is changed, from a user POV. One thing I did notice is a "restart" option in settings->about, which is nice. No more unplugging and plugging to reboot!

Google still hasn't posted factory images for 5.1. Can any of you dump the system, boot and recovery??

FreemanAMG

May 29, 2011
Los Angeles

I've noticed the same thing happens with the apps. They are just magically updated. No questions or manual intervention needed.

Idan73

Jul 19, 2010
I've noticed the same thing happens with the apps. They are just magically updated. No questions or manual intervention needed.

That's because playstore is set to auto update apps by default. If you don't want that behaviour, change the setting.

Note 4 ?

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

Question for those on 5.1.

Does the bluetooth audio function now? Can you pair bt headset, or bluetooth stereo to it?

Note 4 ?

ghus

Jul 1, 2006
Anybody known if the root out there is ok for the new 5.1 update or is there a new file posted somewhere?

Sleeepy2

Dec 9, 2009
Toronto
I believe the existing root still works as there wasn't a new one for my phone Nexus 6 when it went from 5.0.1 to 5.1

ghus

Jul 1, 2006
Perfect will give it a shot. Stuck into a minor issue in the meantime. Cant mount the cache arghhh. Factory image does not include a cache.img partition. Can I use the cache.img from another nexus device?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have a new updated again Sling TV app, that should now work with the just released Nexus TV player 5.1 firmware updated. By the way I want to think you again for being one of my top app testers.
    Pay no attention to the stupid kid crying spam!

Wow. You've resorted to name calling now? That really shows your immaturity. Again... Please stop cluttering up this thread by attempting to promote apps you have added the leanback code to. This thread is about 5.1, not about apps you have modified simply to display an icon on the homescreen. But I do find it amusing how you refer to xda users as your "testers". Stop pretending to be a developer, its sad and funny, all at the same time.
    Nexus Player (Fugu) 5.1 Update URLS

Jduck mentioned you guys are looking for the update URLS so here they are:

If you are going from LRX21M:
    http://android.clients.google.com/p...1.signed-fugu-LMY47D-from-LRX21M.0d44bbf4.zip

And if you are going from LRX21V:
    http://android.clients.google.com/p....signed-fugu-LMY47D-from-LRX21V.b82eb2b1.zip

Thanks,
    Zenofex
    LRX21V link doesn't seem to work from either of my PCs. Can someone up it?

It is the right url but XDA linking appears to be adding some hidden data (%EF%BB%BF) at the end of the link for some reason.

Here is just the plain text of the file location instead of linking to it. Just copy and paste into your brower's navigation bar.
    android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/google_fugu_fugu/b82eb2b1ec2a46fc536c20b4a6f765af1c33da7d.signed-fugu-LMY47D-from-LRX21V.b82eb2b1.zip
    Yup 5.1 didnt bring anything new regarding regarding surround support and pass through. Even with google cast i checked hbo go and netflix but still stereo.

You get tons of freedom though with kodi. You can configure kodi to output pcm and basically decode on its own or configure it with pass-through. It has its own player so its not limited.
    Boom! It's working great! I also used the tool to sideload ES File Explorer, because we can't do that from the Play Store anymore for some reason... Hoping for a fix, but I have it on there now!

MUCH appreciated, sir! (Can I point others here for this also, or do you want to wait until you have a cleaner solution built right into the tool?)
    I will change the procedure in the toolkit tonight so the superuser apk file is automatically installed after the root procedure, that way there will be no knowledge needed to make everything work. I will update the public module to include this and will post back when its done.

Glad everything went smoothly for you.

Mark.