[5.1.x]Omni nightlies for Find 7a/7s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

maxwen

Jun 10, 2012
Please confirm if VOOC charging works with the latest version
So the "real VOOC" - if you have one of the newer chargers you will see it on the green LED on the charger

EDIT: ok forget it - seems there has been some dirt or dust in my USB jack disabling correct contact :p

Last edited:

cdysthe

Oct 28, 2008
Gloucester, MA
Please confirm if VOOC charging works with the latest version
So the "real VOOC" - if you have one of the newer chargers you will see it on the green LED on the charger

EDIT: ok forget it - seems there has been some dirt or dust in my USB jack disabling correct contact :p

Is there no way, through logs or otherwise, to see if VOOC works? What I have noticed is that the time to full charge on the lock screen is much shorter when I have the VOOC charger connection. With other chargers the time to full charge is often not indicated at all, it just says "charging".

Cookie Ninja

Jan 21, 2010
Running latest nightly on my X9076. Beautiful and better than COS 1.2.9 and Spectrum. One request.....can anyone help me with a walk around to Unify / LVM my internal SD card? Always seem to be running into some or other problems (no SD card) after flashing unify/wipe script. Currently on classic partition.

Reactions: arellupin

cdysthe

Oct 28, 2008
Gloucester, MA
Is it possible that the changes that made the the headset buttons work better have been reversed? Over the last couple of day play/pause is back to being slow or non responsive.

cdysthe

Oct 28, 2008
Gloucester, MA
The last few days I've have had to wait for full Dalvik creation after nightly updates. Any idea why that may be and if I can avoid it? Normal reboots are uneventful. I'm on a Find 7 X9076

Update: I'm back to having to do Dalvik after the nightly updates. It takes a loooong time so I would like to figure out what's going on. Any way I can find out why the Dalvik cache has to be re-created every time?

Last edited:

Cookie Ninja

Jan 21, 2010
Running latest nightly on my X9076. Beautiful and better than COS 1.2.9 and Spectrum. One request.....can anyone help me with a walk around to Unify / LVM my internal SD card? Always seem to be running into some or other problems (no SD card) after flashing unify/wipe script. Currently on classic partition.

Bump!!!
Any answers??? Anyone?

Dead Cookies leave no trails...

javier.pc

Mar 23, 2010
Valencia
Bump!!!
Any answers??? Anyone?

Dead Cookies leave no trails...

Regarding LVM, perhaps I can give some advices based in my experience. Although it is really easy to set up, it can sometimes arise a problem that can complicate things.

1. Starting from a no LVM situation, first step is to download both setuplvm_find7_FULL_WIPE_10282014.zip and removelvm_find7_FULL_WIPE.zip. Refer to these posts to find them:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=55187001&postcount=558
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=55081626&postcount=546
Copy both files to the external SD. Warning! to the EXTERNAL SD; the setup process completely wipes internal memory AND internal sdcard, so these files need to be located in the external card.

2. Make sure you had backed up of your data to a safe place (not internal SD, of course), then reboot into recovery; a note about this: I always have used official TWRP (actually 2.8.7.2), and never had problems. No need to wipe data because LVM setup reformats data and sdcard partitions, or it should ... I've setup and removed LVM several times and once, after setting up LVM, when installing the ROM, got lots of error messages. After investigating a bit, I realized that the /data partition had no format, so I formatted it from the TWRP menu and then everything worked as expected.
Select INSTALL and locate setuplvm_find7_FULL_WIPE_10282014.zip file, confirm and let TWRP work. After flashing, reboot to recovery again.

3. As an extra precaution, you can wipe partitions, to be completely sure that everything is installed as expected. Be careful! Don't touch raw_ partitions!! This could result in loss of the LVM configuration.

4. Finally, you can install ROM as usual: flash ROM, SU, GAPPS ...

5. Reboot, configure and you're done.

Hope this helps.

Tapatalkeado desde mi ME173X

Last edited:

cdysthe

Oct 28, 2008
Gloucester, MA
This Dalvik creation after every nightly that started a couple of weeks ago is something I would like to figure out. Should I simply factory reset or even reflash, or is there another way for me to figure out what is causing it?

maxwen

Jun 10, 2012
This Dalvik creation after every nightly that started a couple of weeks ago is something I would like to figure out. Should I simply factory reset or even reflash, or is there another way for me to figure out what is causing it?
lets start with providing a full logcat from a boot. But DONT do it on the device or after booting is complete. Use adb logcat sarted right after rebooting to get ALL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts