[5.1.x]Omni nightlies for Find 7a/7s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

znarf2369

Jun 26, 2011
@maxwen
for quite a while (nightlies since early oktober) my headset button isnt working properly anymore. i used to use it to skip music tracs with a double click or play/pause it by clicking it once. i thought that the button itself broke but one the OPO of a friend it is still working flawlessly. And even the stock Oppo headset isnt working that way at all. But same on the OPO, working there.
I tried to log it, but there is not really much showing in the log.
attached it anyway
maybe you know what the problem might be?

Attachments

• 2015-11-28-13-22-04.txt
    6.8 KB · Views: 6

maxwen

Jun 10, 2012
@maxwen
for quite a while (nightlies since early oktober) my headset button isnt working properly anymore. i used to use it to skip music tracs with a double click or play/pause it by clicking it once. i thought that the button itself broke but one the OPO of a friend it is still working flawlessly. And even the stock Oppo headset isnt working that way at all. But same on the OPO, working there.
attached it anyway
you have cleaned your "headset hole"?

cdysthe

Oct 28, 2008
Gloucester, MA
@maxwen
attached it anyway

Let me just confirm that I am having the same problem. I thought it was my headset button, but when seeing this post I tried with another pair and I had the same problems. I also tried my buds on a Moto X and the button works fine there. I installed an app which is supposed to fix this kind of thing and it's a little bit better and it now gives me a beep when it works. But without it it's a hit and miss. Besides I do not like yet another service running for a little (but for me important) piece of functionality.

maxwen

Jun 10, 2012
any other headsets other then stock are not supported - especially when it comes to mic and buttons. wired headsets are a PITA because there is no standard how buttons are handled. so yes its a miss and hit if they work or not.

e. g working for me: xiaomi piston (full with all buttons)
not working: polk (no mic and no buttons)

But that has prolly not much to do with the post above from @znarf2369 which would be typical for some dust in the headset jacket

Last edited:

cdysthe

Oct 28, 2008
Gloucester, MA
These buds have worked perfectly on this phone with many different ROMs. I'll dig up my Oppo buds and test with those also.

Last edited:

znarf2369

Jun 26, 2011
you have cleaned your "headset hole"?

yes i did, was my first assumption.
but you say every headset apart from stock isnt supported. but even the stock headset button doesnt work on the find7, but as soon as i try it with another device like the OPO it works. just tried it right now. neither stock nor my usual headset works on my find7s on latest nightly, but both work on the opo of my friend. so thats why i conclude that it probably cant be anything hardware related on the headsets itself

maxwen

Jun 10, 2012
but you say every headset apart from stock isnt supported. but even the stock headset button doesnt work on the find7

all the ones that ever worked still work for me :)
therefore I am pretty sure its not a regression in 5.1
but you can try by flashing a different ROM on your find7 to make sure

cause the only remaining reason is prolly not something you want to hear and that
is that the contact responsible for the button handling (the third ring) is defect in the socket
or its something that you messed up in the setup - installed any weired apps lately? :)
factorry reset just to test would allow ruling that out

Last edited:

cdysthe

Oct 28, 2008
Gloucester, MA
all that use CM kernel might work

The Oppo buds didn't work either. Maybe there's some setting or running app OP and I have in common causing this? I've had situations like that in the past. I've also used a certain lockscreen that breaks the headset button functionality so it may not be Omni itself. I just know that it doesn't work. A workaround is using an app for this. I found one that worked.

maxwen

Jun 10, 2012
all the ones that ever worked still work for me :)
therefore I am pretty sure its not a regression in 5.1
but you can try by flashing a different ROM on your find7 to make sure

cause the only remaining reason is prolly not something you want to hear and that
is that the contact responsible for the button handling (the third ring) is defect in the socket
or its something that you messed up in the setup - installed any weired apps lately? :)
factorry reset just to test would allow ruling that out

WAIT :p

znarf2369

Jun 26, 2011
Any chance you can define that more precisely?

i have a very bad memory about that but i think it was early semptember (not ocotber) when i realised it didnt work anymore. what did just came to your mind?

are there any roms you know of out there currently supporting lvm so i can try
if the headset is working or not and make sure that it is (or better hopefully not^^) my devices hardware?

cdysthe

Oct 28, 2008
Gloucester, MA
I think that'll do since stock oppo buds and my Meelec ones seem to behave exactly the same way as far as the button goes. The sound on the other hand... ?

Cookie Ninja

Jan 21, 2010
Firmware packages
Recovery flashable firmware packages created from ColorOS 1.2.x and 2.0.x
http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/?id=7092#downloads
The visual difference is that in 2.0.x there is a small "Powered by android" image on the bottom on booting

If you experience sensor problems after doing the firmware update using this zip
do a full clean flash of ColorOS 2.0.x and then reflash Omni

It says that the firmware are for Find 7A..... Can I use them for my Find 7S (X9076)? Thanks....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts