• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[5.1.x] [SM-P600] CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightlies for the Note 10.1 2014 Wifi (lt03wifi)

Search This thread

Stogie87

Oct 3, 2015
Berlin
Has anyone confirmed screen cast option working with smart tv...?
I tested it before 20 minutes because i was also interested. It's hardly to say but i don't realize any improvement since the first Nightly was released. Things only become more worse. Screen Mirroring still doesn't work, still sound crackeling on my device, display sometimes doesn't react if i press the homebutton and the display is off.
I also got a black screen during first configuration process after a complete clean fresh installation. I think it is useless to wait for a stable release of this rom. The much better solution is CM 13 by joshndroid.

Stogie87

Oct 3, 2015
Berlin
It's ok but i don't use it as a daily driver because of the spen bug and miracast shows only a black screen. I need both. Joshndroid still works on the batterylifetime. The only stable solution with very good batterylifetime is the b6 stock rom by enotar in batterysaving mode.

I recommend to install Nova Launcher on stock rom because it is similar to trebuchet Launcher from Cyanogenmod but you have much more possibilities to customize your dashboard and you can change your app icons.

Last edited:

TruThug407

Apr 16, 2015
Yea I was using enotar's b6 but he said he was using da cm13 by joshandroid now so he probably ain't gna be doin any more work on it plus I like to customize theme system wide an I can't customize da stock ROMs theme system wide until I get a better computer an I don't think anyone else is doin any work on da stock ROM theme wise or customizing....

Stogie87

Oct 3, 2015
Berlin
Yes i also like it to customize and for this CM is great, but i use nova launcher even for CM because you can customize some things you even can not do with trebuchet launcher. And for the Brightnessbar i use the AOSP Theme by supergrobi94. Enotar is only testing CM 13 and he will finish his work on beta6 if he find time. We still need a kernel with permissive rights and i am sure he won't end his work until he has a rom with such a kernel.
-> be patient :)

Last edited:

TruThug407

Apr 16, 2015
Yes i also like it to customize and for this CM is great, but i use nova launcher even for CM because you can customize some things you even can not do with trebuchet launcher. And for the Brightnessbar i use the AOSP Theme by supergrobi94. Enotar is only testing CM 13 and he will finish his work on beta6 if he find time. We still need a kernel with permissive rights and i am sure he won't end his work until he has a rom with such a kernel.
-> be patient :)
Yea u rite, I'm patient tho dis is wat we do just wanna further my exp in development myself too so I can help out wit some of dis stuff I pretty much stay on my note 10.1 trying to get sbreen94 to update da hyperdrive ROM to 5.1.1 DAT would be nice....

joshndroid

Jun 22, 2011
Tbh I have neglected cm12.1 since getting it to nightly status. Cm13.0 was already a thing and that has been all I cared about.

Probably the last Samsung device I'll have once this dies and my note 3.. My daily devices are nexus and Samsung really just doesn't care about the dev community.

TruThug407

Apr 16, 2015
Tbh I have neglected cm12.1 since getting it to nightly status. Cm13.0 was already a thing and that has been all I cared about.

Probably the last Samsung device I'll have once this dies and my note 3.. My daily devices are nexus and Samsung really just doesn't care about the dev community.
Yeah u rite I just don't wanna give up on dis note tab it's still a pretty decent tab but as long as we have devs like u it will live on I'm just gna stick wit your cm13 bcuz u stay on top of it an it really does run a lot better than dis nightly 12.1, don't give up on it we appreciate your hard work....

gavilan2010

Mar 14, 2011
Yeah u rite I just don't wanna give up on dis note tab it's still a pretty decent tab but as long as we have devs like u it will live on I'm just gna stick wit your cm13 bcuz u stay on top of it an it really does run a lot better than dis nightly 12.1, don't give up on it we appreciate your hard work....

+1

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk 2

Stevethegreat

Nov 28, 2010

While I can see the point of (it) not being enjoyable to support a device with so little documentation IMO it's also the kind of devices that actually *need* the most support.

Most of us either lack the knowledge or the time to begin developing for such devices (I can scarcely find the time support my patchy Linux solution), so -it seems to me that- it makes the work of yours or Orion's or Valera's all the more important...

joshndroid

Jun 22, 2011
While I can see the point of (it) not being enjoyable to support a device with so little documentation IMO it's also the kind of devices that actually *need* the most support.

Most of us either lack the knowledge or the time to begin developing for such devices (I can scarcely find the time support my patchy Linux solution), so -it seems to me that- it makes the work of yours or Orion's or Valera's all the more important...

I see where your coming from, but I have also witnessed the mass exodus of good quality devs over to devices with better support, devs far far better than I. Why drop 800$+ on a device when the 'openess' of android isn't there by the manufacturer. You either have to 'try' do everything yourself and come up with hacky solutions that end in thread posts consisting of the same issue over and over. Manufacturers understand sales, and sales alone, they only support something as long as they get something out of it, dollars. I'm not saying don't buy them, but I'm just pointing out I am not necessarily willing to fork out my hard earned cash on a device where even the manufacturer couldn't give 2 poops about supporting us. At the end of the day, I guarantee you, it would not be so hard for a manufacturer to release good quality and consistent source code, they have to generate it anyway in house to get the device to work, slap it in a tree, hell you could slap it in a tree before you release it as a package to the public.

Again im not ditching the device, TBH the only action the device is seeing at the moment is being flashed multiple times a day, I work on it 5 times as much as I do any other device. I'm just highlighting once it dies I wont be rushing out to buy another.

joshndroid

Jun 22, 2011
I see where your coming from, but I have also witnessed the mass exodus of good quality devs over to devices with better support, devs far far better than I. Why drop 800$+ on a device when the 'openess' of android isn't there by the manufacturer. You either have to 'try' do everything yourself and come up with hacky solutions that end in thread posts consisting of the same issue over and over. Manufacturers understand sales, and sales alone, they only support something as long as they get something out of it, dollars. I'm not saying don't buy them, but I'm just pointing out I am not necessarily willing to fork out my hard earned cash on a device where even the manufacturer couldn't give 2 poops about supporting us. At the end of the day, I guarantee you, it would not be so hard for a manufacturer to release good quality and consistent source code, they have to generate it anyway in house to get the device to work, slap it in a tree, hell you could slap it in a tree before you release it as a package to the public.

Again im not ditching the device, TBH the only action the device is seeing at the moment is being flashed multiple times a day, I work on it 5 times as much as I do any other device. I'm just highlighting once it dies I wont be rushing out to buy another.
well here is a beta version of cm13.0 stock rom.

stable enough to use s a daily.

make sure u have updated gapps package for 6.0

https://s.basketbuild.com/devs/Joshndroid/CM13.0/lt03wifi

Stevethegreat

Nov 28, 2010
t the end of the day, I guarantee you, it would not be so hard for a manufacturer to release good quality and consistent source code, they have to generate it anyway in house to get the device to work, slap it in a tree, hell you could slap it in a tree before you release it as a package to the public.

Of course it's easy to them. But they don't, partly because they don't want to. Android is a semi-closed system. Apart from AOSP most of everything (and everyone) else is proprietary. I'm sure companies like Samsung only release their half-arsed code only to be compliant with GPL and avoid legal battles, *nothing else*. Of course and they don't care about the community or supporting their devices for long. How else are you going to buy their next device?

All I'm saying is that for better or worse some of the best hardware is manufactured by companies that literally drive away the community. The community (IMO rightly) stops development, but then we're all left with one solution. Google products. Which as you may well know are not for everyone. Android increasingly becomes like iOS (one real player) and it saddens me, because it used to be that much more vibrant (in choice and support) a few years back. If everybody moves to a Nexus product, I may as well move to iOS and jailbreak it...

I do think that those that develop for non Google-based product -still- do the most important job because they retain the hardware choice that android used to have semi-alive... Then again it's a hurdle for them, and they should be compensated by the community (in whatever ways possible).

Anyway, enough with the off-topic. Keep up with the good work and thanks :good:

goldman60

Oct 18, 2010
San Luis Obispo, CA
The beta seems to run pretty well for the most part, especially considering its a first build. Great work!

Issues I've run into so far:
  • Major: Tablet runs hot (Bottom right corner gets uncomfortably warm, I'm still trying to figure out what's causing this as it might just be my setup)
  • Camera doesn't work
  • Screencasting does not work (casting to Chromecast 2 and Nexus Player)
  • Minor: Bluetooth identifies the tablet as an SM-P601 by default

Edit: Just remembered I dirty flashed over CM12.1, so I'll have to see if the running hot issue is resolved by resetting the tablet

Edit^2: Many issues fixed in newer build below!

Last edited:

joshndroid

Jun 22, 2011
The beta seems to run pretty well for the most part, especially considering its a first build. Great work!

Issues I've run into so far:
  • Major: Tablet runs hot (Bottom right corner gets uncomfortably warm, I'm still trying to figure out what's causing this as it might just be my setup)
  • Camera doesn't work
  • Screencasting does not work (casting to Chromecast 2 and Nexus Player)
  • Minor: Bluetooth identifies the tablet as an SM-P601 by default

Edit: Just remembered I dirty flashed over CM12.1, so I'll have to see if the running hot issue is resolved by resetting the tablet
Base is the same as my temasek (temasek tree gets a few more additions/optimizations) so issues pretty much going to be the same.

Will have a new build up, have not worked on anything tree related tho been away last couple days

thirdcoastraised

Apr 29, 2012
Austin
You guys want cm 13, we want cm 13...but we need your help. I am sure you are now wondering what we need from you...Right? Well, we need none other than some MORAL SUPPORT! :)

PS: On a more serious note, cm-13.0 nighties are only a matter of days away (we hope), so stay tuned.

So, just throwing this out there, but if you guys need testers for CM13, I'm happy to help. Awesome work on this version to date guys, can't wait to see what's next!??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1.x (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

1. Download the zip(s).
    2. Install a compatible Recovery
    3. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Known Issues

* None

Other Issues?

Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
    You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking.
    If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    Make sure your post is relevant to this thread. "I'm having problems rooting/unlocking" is NOT relevant here.
    LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: SysLog by Tortel

Experience issues?

* Nightlies: bug reports are not accepted. You are relying on yourself and your peers in this thread for support!
    * M-series: file a bug in Jira.

Download Links

CyanogenMod: download.cyanogenmod.org

Google apps addon:
    Download: OpenGApps (Use "arm" and "5.1")

Useful Links

Changelog
    Lt03wifi wiki
    Device Tree
    Kernel Source
    CM ROM Source

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [5.1.x] [SM-P600] CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightlies for the Note 10.1 2014 Wifi (lt03wifi), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)

Contributors
    Shawn5162, Shawn5162, joshndroid, Orion116
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-11-30
    Last Updated 2015-11-29
    You guys want cm 13, we want cm 13...but we need your help. I am sure you are now wondering what we need from you...Right? Well, we need none other than some MORAL SUPPORT! :)

PS: On a more serious note, cm-13.0 nighties are only a matter of days away (we hope), so stay tuned.
    We are still working on it. Shawn and me both are busy with college and joshndroid is busy at work. We are trying to still get a lt03wifi tree booting. We can get a build for of lt033g booting on our device with a few tweaks.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    The nightlies should be f2fs ready I have added all the files

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
    yes they still are 6.5 mb
    I again have been in contact with cm to get vendor sorted. Cm.dependencies does not list vendor in any device but for official builds vendor has to be listed somewhere. Even if it's behind the scenes. That's a big reason why it is not working, every other repo that is supposed to be there is there.

If u were to self build with the source and then add in vendor yourself it will work. As all my merges have been tested before pushing them to gerrit