[5.1.x] [SM-T520] CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightlies for the Tab Pro 10.1 Wifi (picassowifi)

Search This thread

maxturk

Aug 3, 2010
I haven't had a chance to look at picassowifi for M yet. I have been busy with other devices and other things in my life (October is always a very busy month for me, which then carries things into November). To add to that Exynos devices are just plain hard (it took me a couple or three weeks of hard work to get it to boot lollipop) which means that I'm planning on saving it for later in the bringup roster.

I will definitely be working in it and hopefully it will be possible to bring us M.

Hello, there is a chance to have cm13 on picassowifi please??

Sorry for my bad english

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
So....is the developement abandonned ? Looks like nobody care........ No release version, no news for 6.0.....

Hello, there is a chance to have cm13 on picassowifi please??

Sorry for my bad english

Folks, he already stated that it's not his main device, it's a bit of a pain to develop on, etc...

If you would like to bring it up to M, either do it yourself or continue patiently waiting. This development thread is no place to beg for updates.

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
So where is the place for news ?

You can watch this thread for news, but endless posts of "when is this coming" are not acceptable. In other words, let the folks actually doing development work use this thread for development. Click 'thanks' on their posts when they provide updates. There's no need to keep posting questions about when is it coming or is development dead... Either pick it up yourself or keep waiting! The choice is yours ;)

gd*T

May 5, 2015
Ok but it need to be asking sometimes, do not see it as harrasment, I just wonder... It's like when you doesn't have news of someones you like: you don't wait in your corner sayin nothing, hm ? Or your social life may be a disaster... ! :D
I mean, it's natural, and i don't see too much post asking this question. Its legit and it's not like we were spamming the topic without seek information: here got the informations ! And the dev should be proud of the community: if they ask for updates, informations, that show they enjoy the dev's work and that they are present ! Anyway, i would react like this if I was a dev.
So, now i know, thank you, i have my answer and i will wait quietly !

Last edited:
Reactions: vasumit

maxturk

Aug 3, 2010
I haven't had a chance to look at picassowifi for M yet. I have been busy with other devices and other things in my life (October is always a very busy month for me, which then carries things into November). To add to that Exynos devices are just plain hard (it took me a couple or three weeks of hard work to get it to boot lollipop) which means that I'm planning on saving it for later in the bringup roster.

I will definitely be working in it and hopefully it will be possible to bring us M.
Please crpalmer can you says if you continue to work on this device with cm13??

Reactions: checkdamb

pworcester

Aug 26, 2010
Thank You!

I am currently happily running CM 12.1 from crplamer.
Thank you for your hard work. It runs beautifully!

airtower

Sep 9, 2010
Arlington, TX
Google Pixel 6
OP hasn't been active in this thread in months. Nightlies are being built automatically, but only getting upstream (common CM) changes. Not that the device needs anything. I wouldn't expect to see CM13 or higher for this device. Not a very common tablet and has a SoC that's difficult to work with.

gd*T

May 5, 2015
Just a CM 12 release version / snapshot - a last one- would be great, since the last one is ****in old.... :(

Alexsha

Jan 18, 2008
OP hasn't been active in this thread in months. Nightlies are being built automatically, but only getting upstream (common CM) changes. Not that the device needs anything. I wouldn't expect to see CM13 or higher for this device. Not a very common tablet and has a SoC that's difficult to work with.
There's a CM13 build for the Note 10.1 with the same SoC. That build should be able to be ported to the Pro 10.1 as the only difference is the pen input.

Reactions: rchtk and checkdamb

thomas001

Sep 17, 2011
There's a CM13 build for the Note 10.1 with the same SoC. That build should be able to be ported to the Pro 10.1 as the only difference is the pen input.

If its really the only difference, where is the problem of just flashing the note 10.1 build on the tab pro 10.1?
Does the installer complain because a wrong device is found?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.0.x (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

First time flashing CyanogenMod 12.0 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    Download the zip(s).
    Install a compatible Recovery
    Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    Flash CyanogenMod.
    Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Known Issues

* None

Other Issues?

Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
    You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking.
    If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    Make sure your post is relevant to this thread. "I'm having problems rooting/unlocking" is NOT relevant here.
    LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: SysLog by Tortel

Experience issues?

* Nightlies: bug reports are not accepted. You are relying on yourself and your peers in this thread for support!
    * M-series: file a bug in Jira.

Download Links

CyanogenMod: download.cyanogenmod.org

Google apps addon:
    Download: http://d-h.st/users/dhacker29/?fld_id=27426 (use latest lpmr1 gapps)

Useful Links

Unofficial changelog
    Picassowifi wiki

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 12.1 for PicassoWifi (Tab Pro 10.1), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, 10.1, 8.4

Contributors
    crpalmer
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop

Version Information

Created 2015-04-18
    Last Updated 2015-04-18

Hey guys. Been quietly stalking these threads for quite some time. I'm not too experienced in android development but for the past few months I've been working on getting Marshmallow (6.0) working on our devices (T-520), but also hoping crpalmer would beat me to it. However, seeing that is not the case, I'm happy to announce I finally got it booting :) I will do some testing and look into posting a release.

EDIT: For those who'd like to try:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...-xsm-t520beta-unofficial-cyanogenmod-t3372507
    The developer lost interest in our tablet(32x-52x). Do not expect that to fix...

Blah blah blah.
    Did you look into the Note 10.1 2014 code or just did it from scratch?

And congrats! Looking forward to testing. Hopefully my bluetooth keyboard works better.
    I used a lot of the Note and Tab S code since our devices are quite similar. I'll make a new thread and post my sources and hopefully we can get this stable