[5.1.x] [SM-T520] CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightlies for the Tab Pro 10.1 Wifi (picassowifi)

Search This thread

thomas001

Sep 17, 2011
Hello,
I have a really strange problem concerning battery level: the battery empties really quickly, like within an hour of normal usage the battery level drops from 100% to 0% and the tablet turns off. When I turn on the tablet immediately afterwards, the system reports that the battery is still over 50% percent full. Then, I can use the tablet for another half an hour until it turns off again. Still, when I turn the tablet on, the system reports 40%-50% battery left. I can continue to do these power off-power on cycles for quite some time.

I tried clearing cache/recalibrating battery, did some full recharge cycles (turning the tablet again on, until the battery seemed to be actually empty), but nothing helped.

Altogether I get battery life which is worse that stock rom together with the annoyance to reboot the tablet every hour.

Did anybody have a similar issue and maybe even resolved it?

Thanks, Thomas

rchtk

Mar 7, 2012
Nice
Hello,
I have a really strange problem concerning battery level: the battery empties really quickly, like within an hour of normal usage the battery level drops from 100% to 0% and the tablet turns off. When I turn on the tablet immediately afterwards, the system reports that the battery is still over 50% percent full. Then, I can use the tablet for another half an hour until it turns off again. Still, when I turn the tablet on, the system reports 40%-50% battery left. I can continue to do these power off-power on cycles for quite some time.

I tried clearing cache/recalibrating battery, did some full recharge cycles (turning the tablet again on, until the battery seemed to be actually empty), but nothing helped.

Altogether I get battery life which is worse that stock rom together with the annoyance to reboot the tablet every hour.

Did anybody have a similar issue and maybe even resolved it?

Thanks, Thomas

Yes a lot of people have it me included.
For me a good charger solved it. Maybe starting from a really empty battery also.

Reactions: jmfixitman

pworcester

Aug 26, 2010
I'll try it.

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Does anyone have a linK? I just looked on the Note 10.1 XDA forum and don't see it

awidawad

Hey guys. Been quietly stalking these threads for quite some time. I'm not too experienced in android development but for the past few months I've been working on getting Marshmallow (6.0) working on our devices (T-520), but also hoping crpalmer would beat me to it. However, seeing that is not the case, I'm happy to announce I finally got it booting :) I will do some testing and look into posting a release.

EDIT: For those who'd like to try:
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-pro...-xsm-t520beta-unofficial-cyanogenmod-t3372507

Last edited:

Cosmox_

Aug 31, 2012
Hey guys. Been quietly stalking these threads for quite some time. I'm not too experienced in android development but for the past few months I've been working on getting Marshmallow (6.0) working on our devices (T-520), but also hoping crpalmer would beat me to it. However, seeing that is not the case, I'm happy to announce I finally got it booting :) I will do some testing and look into posting a release.

That is a good news
Hope you’ll get it stable after your tests but anyway congrats and thank you for your work !!

Reactions: nachordez

Alexsha

Jan 18, 2008

Did you look into the Note 10.1 2014 code or just did it from scratch?

And congrats! Looking forward to testing. Hopefully my bluetooth keyboard works better.

Reactions: nachordez

awidawad

And congrats! Looking forward to testing. Hopefully my bluetooth keyboard works better.
I used a lot of the Note and Tab S code since our devices are quite similar. I'll make a new thread and post my sources and hopefully we can get this stable

petty500

Jan 22, 2011
Enable printer service

I used "enable printer service" for the Epson Stylus SX420W
I can enable it.
I cannot print out of a file with the print enable service. It looks all the time for a printer.
Is this a known problem? Or is there a solution to make it work?
Grtz.
Petty

cuki3r3k83bln

Jul 30, 2014
Berlin
Since few days I am using stock t520 4.4.2 firmware and I what I noticed is that cm 12.1 really uses a lot battery... seems really to be an issue! Even when I put everything off (clean install, no gapps, no gprs, no bluetooth, wlan only) it does not do more than 24 hours with normal usage :( sometimes battery is down and after some minutes tablet does shut down because bsttery is going very fast to the end when its at 20 % - all these problems are not showing with lstest stock firmware...

WVUTampaAlum

Oct 7, 2011
I don't find any battery issues with 12.1. I was getting 6-7 hours screen on time. Note though that I am down clocking cpu. I use an app called kernel adiutor. I have multiple profiles setup in the app. I mostly use ondemand governor and have profiles to make max cpu be one of 1800, 1400, 900.

I will attach an older screen shot. Lately I have been on 13 but there are still things missing like no camera and no gps. For me I am on 13 because CM still messing up google photos app on 12.1. My screen on in 13 is about same or little less then 12.1.

6096ad015a688a0722b6dc9a34bcb242.jpg

jmfixitman

I don't find any battery issues with 12.1. I was getting 6-7 hours screen on time. Note though that I am down clocking cpu. I use an app called kernel adiutor. I have multiple profiles setup in the app. I mostly use ondemand governor and have profiles to make max cpu be one of 1800, 1400, 900.

I will attach an older screen shot. Lately I have been on 13 but there are still things missing like no camera and no gps. For me I am on 13 because CM still messing up google photos app on 12.1. My screen on in 13 is about same or little less then 12.1.

Thanks for the info. I figure out that it seems to be my djigo app that is making the battery say is drained after a drone flight... Once I restart the tablet all seems normal. I noticed that the CPU clock speed only shows 1.9 GHz, but it should show 2.1ghz, but no way to crank it to full speed?...

No problem with battery for me..

Thanks for the info. I figure out that it seems to be my djigo app that is making the battery say is drained after a drone flight... Once I restart the tablet all seems normal. I noticed that the CPU clock speed only shows 1.9 GHz, but it should show 2.1ghz, but no way to crank it to full speed?...

This rom working on my device almost stable...No you can't run over 1900 with this kernel(2100 run libidinoso)...For overclocking & regulating over of 1900 needed another kernel...I run my device on default kernel configuration ( kernel adiutor ) & with much videos & browsing & perhaps some games of my son, battery function normally...Is very nice rom, runs quickly and without errors & i hope to continue the support from CM... ( sorry my english is bad i hope you understand me )

Last edited:

jmfixitman

This rom working on my device almost stable...No you can't run over 1900 with this kernel...For overclocking & regulating over of 1900 needed another kernel...I run my device on default kernel configuration ( kernel adiutor ) & with much videos & browsing & perhaps some games of my son, battery function normally...Is very nice rom, runs quickly and without errors & i hope to continue the support from CM... ( sorry my english is bad i hope you understand me )

Yes I understand you no problem. Is there an oc kernel for this ROM that you know of? Btw, are you Greek? Wondered because of the screen name. ;)

yes greece...

Yes I understand you no problem. Is there an oc kernel for this ROM that you know of? Btw, are you Greek? Wondered because of the screen name. ;)
No unfortunately for this device only two kernels are there,without any interest ...but why you need kernel on this rom? this rom no needed kernel,run very quickly & correctly with this....Exynos is difficult for any developer & developing....

jmfixitman

I don't really need a kernel, would like to bump it up to at least the stock 2.1ghz because of some heavy graphic processing for the drone flights... other than that I love the rom, very smooth. I just started trying cm13 marshmallow and it works great too, just the same processor speed limitation as in this one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.0.x (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

First time flashing CyanogenMod 12.0 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    Download the zip(s).
    Install a compatible Recovery
    Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    Flash CyanogenMod.
    Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Known Issues

* None

Other Issues?

Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
    You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking.
    If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    Make sure your post is relevant to this thread. "I'm having problems rooting/unlocking" is NOT relevant here.
    LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: SysLog by Tortel

Experience issues?

* Nightlies: bug reports are not accepted. You are relying on yourself and your peers in this thread for support!
    * M-series: file a bug in Jira.

Download Links

CyanogenMod: download.cyanogenmod.org

Google apps addon:
    Download: http://d-h.st/users/dhacker29/?fld_id=27426 (use latest lpmr1 gapps)

Useful Links

Unofficial changelog
    Picassowifi wiki

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 12.1 for PicassoWifi (Tab Pro 10.1), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, 10.1, 8.4

Contributors
    crpalmer
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop

Version Information

Created 2015-04-18
    Last Updated 2015-04-18
    I haven't had a chance to look at picassowifi for M yet. I have been busy with other devices and other things in my life (October is always a very busy month for me, which then carries things into November). To add to that Exynos devices are just plain hard (it took me a couple or three weeks of hard work to get it to boot lollipop) which means that I'm planning on saving it for later in the bringup roster.

I will definitely be working in it and hopefully it will be possible to bring us M.

EDIT: For those who'd like to try:
    http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-pro...-xsm-t520beta-unofficial-cyanogenmod-t3372507
    The developer lost interest in our tablet(32x-52x). Do not expect that to fix...

Blah blah blah.

I used a lot of the Note and Tab S code since our devices are quite similar. I'll make a new thread and post my sources and hopefully we can get this stable