[5/3][No Root Required] MusicPlayer Feed for Galaxy S6 Edge

Search This thread

aldbeagle

Jan 31, 2010
Kent
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Just installed on my S7 Edge; Followed the instructions - even rebooted the phone, but i cannot find the feed on my feed menu;
I have activated the feed on - (Advanced) Notification access-> *Enable* MusicPlayer Cocktail Feed;

Any thoughts?
Same here. Checked the instructions, and enabled the feed, but doesn't show in the edge feeds.
I also keep getting a message saying "Cocktailbar service, a new version is available" It has two options, cancel, and OK. When I click on OK, it says no apps can perform this function.
Any ideas?

Exynos version, stock, unrooted.

xPr0metheus

Oct 27, 2012
Same here. Checked the instructions, and enabled the feed, but doesn't show in the edge feeds.
I also keep getting a message saying "Cocktailbar service, a new version is available" It has two options, cancel, and OK. When I click on OK, it says no apps can perform this function.
Any ideas?

Exynos version, stock, unrooted.
maybe take a look at galaxy apps if there is an update for the sidescreen.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

Igao

Apr 10, 2016
Works great

Thanks for the great app. It works even with podcast players like pocket cast. Congratulations and keep up the good work.

techsammy

May 14, 2015
soumyadip.me
Any updates for S7 edge? I wanna try out on it. The current one is not working even if I updated the edge screen from "Galaxy Apps"

P.S. I followed all the steps as well.

Update: It worked after few reboots. Thanks Trail :)

Sent from my shiny new SM-G935FD using Xda-Developers mobile app

Last edited:

ZedBR

Dec 8, 2010
Rio de Janeiro
It doesn't work here. The app keep crashing when I select it in edge options and the feed don't show anything

Google Music @ MM

Edit: Fixed, sorry for the inconvenience

Enviado de meu SM-G925I usando Tapatalk

Last edited:

techsammy

May 14, 2015
soumyadip.me
It crashes for me, S7 edge. Please do let me know what other things you did after installing it.

Did you follow this step after installing?

You MUST do this before the Feed will work! Go to Settings->Lock screen and security->Other security settings->(Advanced) Notification access-> *Enable* MusicPlayer Cocktail Feed

Sent from my shiny new SM-G935FD using Xda-Developers mobile app

sohojmanush

Sep 26, 2011
Dhaka
Confirmed working on s7 edge with ported sony walkman app and spotify. Also, there is a not so important issue of forward and rewind buttons showing horizontally , opposite of the OP post. Also, @trailblazer101 will please modify or make an app that will show the notifications for selected apps on the edge feed. Samsung stock only shows the phone and the messages on the edge feed :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MusicPlayer Feed For Galaxy S6 Edge [No Root Required!]
    Hey guys, here's another Feed for the Galaxy S6 Edge--MusicPlayer! This is shown when you do the back and forth touch motion on the edge while the screen is off. It allows you to control your music, from any(?) music-playing app.

PLEASE READ!
    You MUST do this before the Feed will work! Go to Settings->Lock screen and security->Other security settings->(Advanced) Notification access-> *Enable* MusicPlayer Cocktail Feed

Updates
    Code:
    5/3 - v1.1
    -Fixed Bugs.
    --Error when playing Podcasts from BeyondPod. 
    --Fix for Pandora!
    --Spotify should work 100% now. If you are still experiencing issues, please report them, along with a logcat of when (and preferably  only ~around when) the issue arises.
    --***please uninstall the old version first***

Features
    • Displays and Controls Music From any(?) Music Player
    • Clicking Album Art Launches Current Playing Music Player

Bugs
    • You Might Have to Turn the Phone On and Off After Enabling it (I've had this issue for other feeds, too)

XDA:DevDB Information
    MusicPlayer Feed For Galaxy S6 Edge, Device Specific App for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

Contributors
    trailblazer101

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: v1.1
    Beta Release Date: 2015-05-03

Created 2015-04-28
    Last Updated 2015-05-03
    So odd, I can't see the feed. I have the notification enabled and I've rebooted. Tried both Play Music and Tidal. I'll keep messing with it but just odd that still not working.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using XDA Free mobile app

You enabled it in settings->edge screen -> information stream->manage feeds?
    Works great on S7 edge :) Thanks!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk
    The feed works well. Took a little before the song info showed. Tried with stock TouchWiz player and Google Play Music.

Yay for more uses of the edge!

Great work man, you're on fire. Keep it upy

Sent from my SM-G925F

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

@trailblazer101 ; you just keep cranking them out! :) AWESOME!!!

Cool.... Was just waiting for one like this.. Will check this out asap!! ;)

If you like it give the post some like- lovin' :)
    This is amazing! Doesn't work well with Pandora when pausing the music though. The Pandora apps stop the media service and you have to unlock the phone to start it up again.

Thanks everyone! And I have encountered that problem with Pandora also, and have come up with a fix/workaround. Technically it's Pandora's fault--it stops sending data after paused, even when unpaused... Other app developers have reported the same behavior.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone