• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[5/30][MOD] T-mobile ICS Radios KID/VK1/S2/Blaze |Stable|Fast|

Search This thread

tspx23

Jul 4, 2010
Tempe
T-mobile ICS radios

I've been messing around with radios for a while. I decided to release some for the Note. These focus on both speed and stability. So far some of the ics based radios released for the note have resulted in breaks in data service, data roaming, or simply are not compatible. The radios in this post will provide you with better speeds and stability.

What's Included:
Code:
- Latest UCLE2 Modem
- Modified ICS Blaze Radio
- Removed unnecessary files
- Increased 4g speeds on AWS
[/Quote]

User Experience:
Code:
-  Arizona: 6-7 mbps down and 2 mbps up
-  San Francisco: 8mbps down and 1.5 mbps up
-  Ontario: Wind Mobile 9 mbps down 2.3 mbps up
-  Florida: 11.5 mbps down and 1.3 mbps up
-  Maryland: 7 mbps down and 1.7 mbps up
-  Bell Mobile 12 mbps down and 1.7 mbps up
Downloads:

1) T-mobile Blaze ICS Radio: http://www.mediafire.com/?suusz2ho9587bts

2) UVLK1 based ICS radio http://www.mediafire.com/?ngiyupwyul8r213

3) KID based ICS radio http://www.mediafire.com/?w3k83gsmj0b4052

Other Things:
If there are other T-mobile based radios you prefer just let me know and I will try to port. Also, please report how effective these radios are, and if you are experiencing any issues.

Installation Instructions:
Code:
- Download preferred version of Radio
- Boot into clockwork recovery
- Install Radio from SD Card 
- Boot it up, wait till it connects
- Fix APN settings as necessary 
- Now your good to go!
* DO NOT flash over fresh install for better results *

- Flapjaxxx for pulling the UCLE2 Modem
- Blownco for his awesome server
- Novembre5 for testing

NOTE: If you like my work please hit the thanks button! If you would like to donate feel free but I won't be posting a link on the thread.

Last edited:

tspx23

Jul 4, 2010
Tempe
Same for me when i tried to download it through the phone. try downloading it on a pc and it should work fine.

Tested the modem on AOKP (juggernaut) and i'm getting about the same as the SGII leaked modem (avg 5-6down and .3-1up). trying on cm9 now

just posted a new one. and yea speed tests are screwy on aosp because it switches from 3g-4g

themachfive

Apr 19, 2010
In the cloud, FL
Guilty as charged.. I was trying to do this by phone.

Side note, my data connection is spotty while using the 1700 band. Mind you I live in a large city where signals are great. My tmobile vibrant had no issues.. any thoughts?

kornklown69

Jan 21, 2011
Springfield, Missouri
I've been flashing all these ICS Roms but still getting a subpar t-mobile connection. I decided to try my hand at porting some ICS radios that would enable 4g on the Note.

1) T-mobile Blaze ICS Radio: http://minus.com/mWc0nIPPa/

Tested on AOKP and CM9 RC5. 6-7mbps down 2mbps up.

Not tested on samsung UCLE2 leak but it should work since its based off the UCLE2 modem.

2) Kid based ICS radio coming

3) UVLK1 based ICS radio coming

Telus? Other T-mobile based roms let me know and I will try to port. Just a little busy these days but I hope to update it along with new modems that are released for the Note.

5/29*

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

richmang

Aug 11, 2006
I was using one of the GSII radios for ICS before on OnlyOne and CM9 with poor results. I was frustrated with constant notifications of data service loss and an inability to pick up EDGE/3G/HSPA+ after leaving an area with no reception. That issue could only be fixed with a restart. Additionally, speed tests were irrelevant due to ridiculous latency issues, but I never got anything above 1-2mbps.

I flashed your radio this morning and could not be happier. My downtown San Francisco speed tests were seeing 80-150ms latency with 8mbps down and 1.5mbps up. Thank you for saving my Note!

tspx23

Jul 4, 2010
Tempe
I was using one of the GSII radios for ICS before on OnlyOne and CM9 with poor results. I was frustrated with constant notifications of data service loss and an inability to pick up EDGE/3G/HSPA+ after leaving an area with no reception. That issue could only be fixed with a restart. Additionally, speed tests were irrelevant due to ridiculous latency issues, but I never got anything above 1-2mbps.

I flashed your radio this morning and could not be happier. My downtown San Francisco speed tests were seeing 80-150ms latency with 8mbps down and 1.5mbps up. Thank you for saving my Note!

Thanks for doing the comparison! I was experiencing the same issues with some of the other ones.

I'll update the the thread with more radios by the weekend hopefully they will show improvements as well.

Reactions: richmang and c6comp

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    T-mobile ICS radios

I've been messing around with radios for a while. I decided to release some for the Note. These focus on both speed and stability. So far some of the ics based radios released for the note have resulted in breaks in data service, data roaming, or simply are not compatible. The radios in this post will provide you with better speeds and stability.

What's Included:
    Code:
    - Latest UCLE2 Modem
    - Modified ICS Blaze Radio
    - Removed unnecessary files
    - Increased 4g speeds on AWS
    [/Quote]

User Experience:
    Code:
    -  Arizona: 6-7 mbps down and 2 mbps up
    -  San Francisco: 8mbps down and 1.5 mbps up
    -  Ontario: Wind Mobile 9 mbps down 2.3 mbps up
    -  Florida: 11.5 mbps down and 1.3 mbps up
    -  Maryland: 7 mbps down and 1.7 mbps up
    -  Bell Mobile 12 mbps down and 1.7 mbps up
    Downloads:

1) T-mobile Blaze ICS Radio: http://www.mediafire.com/?suusz2ho9587bts

2) UVLK1 based ICS radio http://www.mediafire.com/?ngiyupwyul8r213

3) KID based ICS radio http://www.mediafire.com/?w3k83gsmj0b4052

Other Things:
    If there are other T-mobile based radios you prefer just let me know and I will try to port. Also, please report how effective these radios are, and if you are experiencing any issues.

Installation Instructions:
    Code:
    - Download preferred version of Radio
    - Boot into clockwork recovery
    - Install Radio from SD Card 
    - Boot it up, wait till it connects
    - Fix APN settings as necessary 
    - Now your good to go!
    * DO NOT flash over fresh install for better results *

- Flapjaxxx for pulling the UCLE2 Modem
    - Blownco for his awesome server
    - Novembre5 for testing

NOTE: If you like my work please hit the thanks button! If you would like to donate feel free but I won't be posting a link on the thread.
    here's a mirror if its needed

BLOWNCO SERVER
    very important info please read carefully

first of all thanks so much for you effort with these modem files. Many of us have had to wait months for this.

#1. install your flavor of ICS i'm using one. Clean install, whipe chache, delvic and battery. DO NOT INSTALL THE MODEM FILE
    #2. get out of install mode CWM and let it load normally
    #3. when fully loaded restart phone and go into CWM and install the modem file
    #4. when in ICS on the numberpad type *#2263# and select cdma, 1700, 1700 then hit menu and select END
    #5. then go into market and download a tool called Hiapn global
    start the app, click "click to DNS check" hit yes, grant superuser permission
    #6. go down and select WCDMA perfered, tun on IMS, Turn on SMS over IMS, turn on LTE dump, click refresh and update, and toggle DNS check.
    #7. VERY IMPORTANT CLICK "TURN OFF ANTENNA" wait 20 seconds and hit it again to "TURN ON ANTENNA"
    get out of the application and you should be good to go no matter what service you use, i'm on MOBILICITY in Surrey, BC, Canada.

Thanks i hope this helps you :)

Update 6/11/2012 12:45 : ok everything is working great with the blaze modem. one major issue if you are in a place with bad signal the manual searching message will pop up ever 1 second nonestop, no way to stop it so far. it will overlay every program and even games
    Update with telus radios coming this weekend. gonna do some more testing i think i can solve some of the issues people are having (although i still suspect either 1 - their phones aren't supported, 2 - they're not following the instructions 100%)

Also trying to make it so that it displays the modem info. I'll also pull the ATT radio from UCLE2 and post it here as well.

Glad to see that there's been a lot of success with these radios, and I think I can still make it better. If I get more time this month I'll be working on a MIUI port too, that is if I don't pick up the S3 :p.
    Noob question alert! Where can I find just the ATT modems?
    Latest one for jb here http://d-h.st/Qbe

And ics here http://d-h.st/Va9