5 icons row on home screen

Search This thread

OnedeeTentee

Feb 17, 2014
ATL
I checked on system/app but I don't see launcherconfig. Is it inside of a folder? I'm using root explorer

Sent from my XT1575 using XDA-Developers mobile app
LauncherConfig is a folder under /system/app

In it is LauncherConfig.apk and a folder name oat.

Originally I tried renaming the oat folder, the LauncherConfig.apk and then the LauncherConfig folder but that didn't work.

So I took a TWRP backup and then deleted the LauncherConfig folder. So far it's stayed.

Reactions: killa408shark

Lopwidth

Nov 30, 2018
If you're rooted, why not just use this command in terminal?

pm disable com.motorola.launcherconfig

I haven't used it, but don't see why it wouldn't work. Also avoids any modification to system partition.
Without root, i managed to get 5 row icons on moto g5 oreo with this:

Adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.motorola.launcherconfig

Now the default launcher have 5 rows on homescreen and app-drawer after restarting launcher3

Sorry to necro-bump, but found thread searching how to get 5 row. Might help others

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not sure how many places i've answered this question, but anyway...
    - Remove LauncherConfig, which is locking rows to 4 icons from /system/app
    - Reboot
    - Wipe data on Google App
    - Go to home screen
    - You now have 5 icons per row

No need to use another launcher or Xposed apps or DPI changes if you're rooted and want to use GNL with 5 icon rows, as it should be.
    It's incredibly dumb how Motorola is setting Google's launcher up that way with a phone that has a large display.
    This works on Marshmallow too.
    Awesome! 5x5 Moto X Pure

Not sure how many places i've answered this question, but anyway...
    - Remove LauncherConfig, which is locking rows to 4 icons from /system/app
    - Reboot
    - Wipe data on Google App
    - Go to home screen
    - You now have 5 icons per row

No need to use another launcher or Xposed apps or DPI changes if you're rooted and want to use GNL with 5 icon rows, as it should be.
    It's incredibly dumb how Motorola is setting Google's launcher up that way with a phone that has a large display.
    This works on Marshmallow too.

You rock. This info should be in the FAQs at the top.

CAVEAT to the rest: This will reset all your screens to the default. Now's your chance to clean up all those friggin icons all over the place.
    You can try downloading Nova Launcher from the play store (or another launcher if you prefer, but Nova is often regarded as the best). It's not the stock launcher but it is very feature rich and runs like a charm. The only thing you'd be missing from the stock launcher is swiping left to Google Now, but there's a million and a half other ways to use a shortcut for Google Now. I personally don't miss it much.

Anyway, now that I've gone off on a tangent, yeah Nova Launcher let's you customize the grid layout of your home screen. I use 5 columns (like the 6P) and it really is great.
    I use Apex Launcher and can customize it many different ways.

Sent from my XT1575 using XDA Free mobile app
    I checked on system/app but I don't see launcherconfig. Is it inside of a folder? I'm using root explorer

Sent from my XT1575 using XDA-Developers mobile app
    LauncherConfig is a folder under /system/app

In it is LauncherConfig.apk and a folder name oat.

Originally I tried renaming the oat folder, the LauncherConfig.apk and then the LauncherConfig folder but that didn't work.

So I took a TWRP backup and then deleted the LauncherConfig folder. So far it's stayed.