50 dollars to who ever fixes my problem

Search This thread

indestructible master

Nov 8, 2015
Huawei Y5 (2017)
I am flashing the newest update
and if that dont work

try to boot into recovery mode (not download, not ODIN mode)

then go to "wipe data/factory reset"
after that reboot, and check if it works

if it doesnt then go again in recovery
and press, "apply update from ADB"

set up ADB on PC, and install samsung drivers if you didnt

connect phone to PC
put stock ROM zip in c:\ drive on computer for easier acess
and from command line in windows, type

adb devices

if it lists something, like your device, then you're good to go, if it doesnt work check adb and drivers to install properly (there is also minimal adb and fastboot available on xda, checkout that too)

then type this command:

adb sideload c:\stock_ROM.zip

and it should flash stock ROM via that

c:\stock_ROM.zip is path in your PC to stock ROM file

you can also try using SD card if you have one, put stock ROM in SD card, and instead of "apply update via ADB , you choose "apply update from SD card"

and i think, "apply update from SD card" will work with usb otg. juat buy usb otg cable for 2$, and usb stick. put stock rom zip in usb stick and it should work.

and try to download from sammobile

Jalapeno123

Dec 3, 2020
it says this no device under device attached

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    7.4 KB · Views: 14

goodflood

Aug 25, 2012
Dude... or dudess! I can help you. I have two S10e... just got one yesterday and went through all the steps. OEM unlock, flashing magisk patched AP, magisk patched recovery, flashing ROM, gapps, ... for the earlier phone in addition to all that.... flashed smali patcher (no gapps) including nanodroid.

When you have time... we can skype (if you wish). Reason: The steps are too many and you might make mistakes. Or, another platform!

ALTERNATIVELY, this is the best guide: https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-lineageos-17-1-for-s10e-s10-s10-exynos.4006917/page-77#post-83739341

But, you want to follow this (FIRST) as well: https://www.androidexplained.com/galaxy-s10-root-tutorial/

None of the mention OEM unlock. You have to clean install stock ROM. Enable wifi, then enable OEM unlock in dev settings (first enable this). Then, boot to download mode and do any of the ABOVE steps!

Good luck!

I am not an expert here, but I suggest you take a look at sammobile. I have no interests in sammobile, other than that they have a good reputation for obtaining/building ROMs.
They also have reasonably good documentation.
On a couple of occasions their ROM's and documentation have dug me out of some fairly deep holes.

goodflood

Aug 25, 2012
@Jalapeno123

You don't need to do ADB and the rest of it, if you want restore to stock and start over.

You simply need to download stock firmware using frija and flash ALL in the respective slots (except CSC_HOME) and leave reboot enabled in DOWNLOAD MODE: BIXBY + VOL DOWN. Then, you have latest stock with baseband and bootloader. Clean flash! This should give you latest rom with 1 November security update.

indestructible master

Nov 8, 2015
Huawei Y5 (2017)
i reccomended all those instructions, as i dont want to further complicate things for OP.
@goodflood problem is not learning how to install on working device, but problem is that device is bought new, OP newer touched anything in it, he did regular official update firmware from samsung, firmware update failed, phone crashed, OP tried to flash stock ROM via ODIN (as its usually done when software update fails and crash phone), and it failed because in log file (while flashing stock ROM in ODIN) it says:
custom binary blocked by oem lock

what is usually done is these situations is first, it shouldnt have done in first place because ROM is stock and official (or hope so, he downloaded from official sites or using most reccomended way to getting official stock ROM), second, when such error occurs, usually we need to boot into system, go to settings>developer options>enable OEM unlock and USB debugging
and it should work, but again in extreme situations (for samsung this is rare as there is ODIn for this purpose), we need to enable OEM unlock and boot into bootloader, and unlock bootloader, flash at least custom recovery in bootloader and carry on with fixing in custom recovery.

but in OP situation, he cant even boot system, especially when flashing is incomplete as it overwritten system already (see in log file), and so he cant enable OEM unlock, so he cant fix ODIN error, and neither unlock bootloader

so i suggested one method too, as i saw that recovery is fine, to flash stock ROM via stock recovery. I'm aware that it might not 100% work as stock recovery requires signed ROM, but why not give a try, as it's already broken and unbootable.
In stock recovery there are 2 methods of flashing stock method (he can choose which work easier), i recommended ADB sideload, you just need to install proper drivers (OP freely install samsung drivers, and set up ADB with complete guide here https://www.xda-developers.com/where-to-download-android-usb-drivers/ , i didnt wanted to overhelm you at first as minimal can do a job also)
and other options (if OP cant set up drivers) is to install from SD card, also from stock recovery, same as ADB method but no need for ADB, PC or USB cable.

also i would reccomend to double check and download original stock ROM, i cant reccomend best source out there, because times have changed and i didnt owned samsung device for 5 years, so i cant know for certain what chanell is best.

also i reccomend to download latest stock ROM because maybe samsung block downgrade for disabling security holes in previous kernels.

Reactions: CXZa

Jalapeno123

Dec 3, 2020
I tried the option of applying update from sd card but when it says installing update the device turns off

goodflood

Aug 25, 2012
@indestructible master Ah, Okay! It is still not clear to me. I ran into similar problem yesterday! Stock and Magisk_patched_AP file (separate times)... was hanging on userdata when flashing. I pulled the plug. I got smart switch restores message. I used ODIN to flash stock ROM right away. No need to drain battery to start over. I guess... I just need to accept that it is not going to work and another method is needed.

I kind of disagree... he should be able to CLEAN flash via ODIN... if the phone has not sustained hardware damage. Why flash custom recovery if OP wants to stay on stock? He doesn't need to boot into system, but download mode, and communicate to us whether there is OEM lock or not; this dosen't really matter if he is going for stock, which he should do to begin with. I had a similar error in ODIN, in RED, which I just ignored and went on to flash stock ROM, then custom ROM. Of course, you have to not auto reboot and do a wipe first.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have a s10plus which when i flash gets a error binary system blocked by oem lock. I am trying to flash stock rom but still it gives the same error. I have used odin and when it gets stuck and the error shows on my device screen. I am stuck in download mode however i can go into recovery if my battery dies . Please help me i will donate 50 dollars if my problem is fixed
    first i want to know what tou did to your phone.
    how it all started.
    did you bought it new or second hand.
    was it rooted, did it had custom recovery or unlocked bootloader when you got the phone.
    and from fully working ROM, what steps you did to do flashing, and what you were flashing and where.
    when i get answers to these questions, how it all started, we can start troubleshooting problem
    ]
    I am flashing the newest update

Try an older one. The one you originally had before trying to upgrade.

Also, your warrenty is expired, right?
    Try flashing just the bootloader.
    Should i go to recovery and press reboot to bootloader?

No. Just use Odin and only select BL then flash.
    i reccomended all those instructions, as i dont want to further complicate things for OP.
    @goodflood problem is not learning how to install on working device, but problem is that device is bought new, OP newer touched anything in it, he did regular official update firmware from samsung, firmware update failed, phone crashed, OP tried to flash stock ROM via ODIN (as its usually done when software update fails and crash phone), and it failed because in log file (while flashing stock ROM in ODIN) it says:
    custom binary blocked by oem lock

what is usually done is these situations is first, it shouldnt have done in first place because ROM is stock and official (or hope so, he downloaded from official sites or using most reccomended way to getting official stock ROM), second, when such error occurs, usually we need to boot into system, go to settings>developer options>enable OEM unlock and USB debugging
    and it should work, but again in extreme situations (for samsung this is rare as there is ODIn for this purpose), we need to enable OEM unlock and boot into bootloader, and unlock bootloader, flash at least custom recovery in bootloader and carry on with fixing in custom recovery.

but in OP situation, he cant even boot system, especially when flashing is incomplete as it overwritten system already (see in log file), and so he cant enable OEM unlock, so he cant fix ODIN error, and neither unlock bootloader

so i suggested one method too, as i saw that recovery is fine, to flash stock ROM via stock recovery. I'm aware that it might not 100% work as stock recovery requires signed ROM, but why not give a try, as it's already broken and unbootable.
    In stock recovery there are 2 methods of flashing stock method (he can choose which work easier), i recommended ADB sideload, you just need to install proper drivers (OP freely install samsung drivers, and set up ADB with complete guide here https://www.xda-developers.com/where-to-download-android-usb-drivers/ , i didnt wanted to overhelm you at first as minimal can do a job also)
    and other options (if OP cant set up drivers) is to install from SD card, also from stock recovery, same as ADB method but no need for ADB, PC or USB cable.

also i would reccomend to double check and download original stock ROM, i cant reccomend best source out there, because times have changed and i didnt owned samsung device for 5 years, so i cant know for certain what chanell is best.

also i reccomend to download latest stock ROM because maybe samsung block downgrade for disabling security holes in previous kernels.