$50 to remote convert me to global??

Search This thread
May 6, 2021
OnePlus 8
Ok I'm at my end with this convert to global I just can't get it done without error or crashdump. I've been flashing since g1 but this is wuppin my ass. This phone (in2017) is literally unusable on anything except T-Mobile. I've tried it on mint mobile and google Fi and it's the same every time. What I'm offering is $50 to whomever can successfuly remote flash and convert my device to the global software. It's extreme I guess but I need a working device. Thanks all

Nathan.7118391

Jul 30, 2012
Arlington
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9 Pro
No need for the money. This is what I did because it didn't work for me after A11 upgraded on TMO. Here's what I do

1. MSM back to stock (I have the 10.5.7 TMO version).
2. No wifi, no sign and no mobile data. Just skip until you get normal screen.
3. In developer options toggle on oem unlock, usb debugging ( I assume you know how to get developer options).
4. In fastboot type command fastboot flash cust-unlock unlock_code.bin (This should say okay and then okay once hit return)
5. Then type fastboot oem unlock (on your phone verify unlock)
6. When the phone boots run through set up (no wifi, no e-mail, no mobile data.
7. Developer options - usb debugging
8. Download the firmware from the global thread. (Do the one with global (i have the 10.5.10 global [ this one is the 15.O.19 global one]))
9. Put your phone in bootloader mode
10. Unzip the firware and run the fashall.bat file.

BOOMSHAKALAKA! Happy modding!

May 6, 2021
OnePlus 8
No need for the money. This is what I did because it didn't work for me after A11 upgraded on TMO. Here's what I do

3. In developer options toggle on oem unlock, usb debugging ( I assume you know how to get developer options).
4. In fastboot type command fastboot flash cust-unlock unlock_code.bin (This should say okay and then okay once hit return)
8. Download the firmware from the global thread. (Do the one with global (i have the 10.5.10 global [ this one is the 15.O.19 global one]))

Cool thanks man. I'm gonna give it a go one more time and see what happens. Also when its in bootloader mode what exactly should it show up as in device manager? Depending on the driver I've seen Kedacom or LeMobile, also Google Inc or IN2017. **** one time it showed as IN2023 not sure why. It needs to show specifically as ____?

Nathan.7118391

Jul 30, 2012
Arlington
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9 Pro
Cool thanks man. I'm gonna give it a go one more time and see what happens. Also when its in bootloader mode what exactly should it show up as in device manager? Depending on the driver I've seen Kedacom or LeMobile, also Google Inc or IN2017. **** one time it showed as IN2023 not sure why. It needs to show specifically as ____?
You know what, I never checked device manager. Follow the MSM thread and then follow the upgrade to global thread and you'll be fine. Just remember to use the A10 firmware. For some reason the A11 didn't work for me. Happy modding!

May 6, 2021
OnePlus 8
You know what, I never checked device manager. Follow the MSM thread and then follow the upgrade to global thread and you'll be fine. Just remember to use the A10 firmware. For some reason the A11 didn't work for me. Happy modding!
Hey man i wanted to say thank you and i very much mean it. The instructions you put up top should be written again and stickied in the guides section because this is what finally got the in2017 converted. my phone actually rings when people call and i can even dial out now. thanks again bro!!!

ps. now if i can figure out how to root it ill be winning for sure!

Reactions: Nathan.7118391

Nathan.7118391

Jul 30, 2012
Arlington
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hey man i wanted to say thank you and i very much mean it. The instructions you put up top should be written again and stickied in the guides section because this is what finally got the in2017 converted. my phone actually rings when people call and i can even dial out now. thanks again bro!!!

Hey bro, diss you get it rooted yet?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone