• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question 5G in Poland

Search This thread

Bartx96

Oct 9, 2019
Google Pixel 6
I have a question is possibile turn on 5g on my country i bought these phone from Germany in review i hear these phone not support 5g in my country.

gnite6

Nov 11, 2021
Nope, as far as I can tell, there is no such possibility to enable 5G here.

neptun2

Jul 25, 2009
Unfortunately google locked 5G only to certain countries (those few where phone is sold plus few others mainly from western europe). You can see the list here:

For older pixels there was way to unlock 5G with root but for pixel 6 this is not possible for now. Whole logic here is totally beyond me. If you will lock the phone then lock it only to the operator who sells it and it is done. If you will allow it to be used worldwide what is the point leave 4G unlocked and lock only the 5G? This is especially true when we speak about EU - you allow it in some countries and not in other which defies the whole purpose of EU being free trade and free movement of people. I sent feedback to google about this. You can do the same. Maybe if enough people complain they will remove this stupid lock.

Reactions: Bartx96

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unfortunately google locked 5G only to certain countries (those few where phone is sold plus few others mainly from western europe). You can see the list here:

For older pixels there was way to unlock 5G with root but for pixel 6 this is not possible for now. Whole logic here is totally beyond me. If you will lock the phone then lock it only to the operator who sells it and it is done. If you will allow it to be used worldwide what is the point leave 4G unlocked and lock only the 5G? This is especially true when we speak about EU - you allow it in some countries and not in other which defies the whole purpose of EU being free trade and free movement of people. I sent feedback to google about this. You can do the same. Maybe if enough people complain they will remove this stupid lock.
    My guess is Google has received radio approvals in only some countries and per local regulatory processes they cannot legally activate 5G in countries where they do not have approvals.